Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Let the games begin. MIC vs DMG?

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: Let the games begin. MIC vs DMG?

IF MIC is smart, they will make this happen. They had better adopt WSBK / FIM rules, or we'll have TWO series in the US that are different from the rest of the world.

WSBK next year will have Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, Kwak, Ducati, Aprilia, BMW and KTM....

Um, hellooooo????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

At the very least let's hope it's mention is enough of a kick in the ass to get DMG to stop screwing around..

IRL and Kart type situation?

I think this is a huge mistake ... this will not be good for our sport if there are two completing series. People don't get it already, and to throw this into the mix is just going to turn potentially new fans away.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

I think it's just what our sport needs, the DMG rules are shite. Roadracing is a global sport, and to do it differently than ANYONE would ultimately hurt the sport in the US more than 2 competing series ever could. My hope is for a WSBK / FIM based series which lets everyone play on a fair playing field, not run *directly* by "Factory" teams (these don't exist as they do in the US, not even in WSBK except for Ducati) but with factory support. Get rid of the Yosh style unobtainium parts only they can get, and give everyone the same (basic) package. Of course some teams will get some better parts as they can't provide everyone everything, but limit what can be done as WSBK has and you'll see the different brands all up front... just like in WSBK where Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Ducati have ALL won races this year.

You make a rules package identical to what is used world-wide, other OEMS will join (BMW, Aprilia, KTM if they have WSBK experience / success) as they won't have to tailor a bike specifically to one set of rules. That is absolutely LUDICROUS to think we should have rules different from everywhere else.

The same rules mean even club racers can go to the dealer, order a "factory kit" and hop their bike up to WSBK specs, how cool is that? Then any privateer with a little support can join the fun.

Hopefully the DMG backed series will die a slow and embarrassing death.

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by s a x m a n View Post
    I think this is a huge mistake ... this will not be good for our sport if there are two completing series. .
    I remember hearing a statement similar 20 years ago.... Merkel won the Championship on a Honda that year...

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i think they should make a spin off series of Moto-ST. instead of just endurance races a whole series like AMA with 20-30 lap races. i miss the old Thunderbike class that the AMA had.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports