Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting set up or racing?

I have been thinking about the extra wheel set and i'm going to keep an eye out for a used set. I just hate the idea of dropping another grand on a new set of extra wheels
    Tire warmers are on the list too, i'm waiting for some group buy deals like i saw on the R1 and R6 forums last winter...

I don't drink coffee to often but i will have a big cup of orange juice Hopefully i can get there in time on friday night to get my registration shit done.
    Thanks for the advice

Originally posted by legalspeed
    R7; re-think that extra rims deal, it may be the most important spare I did NOT have this year.

Tire warmers.

Best place to get them is at a website. Try www.racemotorcycles.com; www.wera.com

Coffee, because you will be standing in line at the reg windows in the morning.

Easy-up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Good job.

Tire warmers:
    Chicken Hawk, get the red ones, if not the digital ones. Tire warmers will pay for themselves in tire-wear savings.
    2nd hand is fine, I bought from a wera.com member: 300 shipped for the reds (FYI).

Spares:
    1000$??? Is that due to the motard thing? What bike are you gridding up?

Reg lines:
    Try all you like, ain't gonna happen, pre reg, post reg, Friday, Saturday morn, ain't gonna happen. Best I found is to show up one minute before they close, this way you will only wait about 30-45 mins.

Hint:
    Pre reg for the whole year. You will be grided up front and you can always cancel if something happens and you can't make the weekend.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Pre reg for the whole year is the way to go.....That's what im a doin this time.
    11c sucks as a starting position. You can be fast as the front guys and then some, won't make a damn bito difference.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

Pre reg is for the weak!!!!! It's nice, but if something comes up, or it rains like hell and you don't want to race you are screwed!!!!!

The other thing to think about what if you Pre reg and start on the front row every race and end up finishing 10 or 15th place all the time. Then you will be pissed because you are getting passed by almost everyone.

Originally posted by scootertrash
    Crew assignments will be the responsibility of the duly appointed Crew Chief, whos position is assigned based on consensus of the talent and team manager, correct? Said Crew Chief has the prerogative to define the support model best suited for success of the talent being supported. The value proposition for that support model may include assisting regionally associated talent in a Quid Pro Quo arrangement. I for one can envision a paradigm where support is provided on an as-needed bases prioritized by race entry position with little or no concern monarchism boundaries. We need to use Possibility Thinking (tm) to develop our support model to ensure maxumum success for all talent in a non-sectarian encoumbered format.
    Just my 2 cents...
    So, same as this year, right?

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

I'm thinking I'm going to pre-reg for the sprints, and use a wait and see attitude for the GT stuff. Sprint races in the rain I think I can tolerate, would rather have it dry for the longer races.

CCS/LRRS #664

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12