Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Highs and Lows of the Loudon Classic

Highs and Lows of the Loudon Classic

Friday:
    Went out for practice and instantly felt comfortable and relaxed. Started clicking off 17s comfortably then soon hit a 16.9! Very please. Hit 2 more 16s in practice and the rest were 17s. I just felt like one with the bike today.

Saturday:
    Morning Practice: Go out and put my head down, ran very consistent mid to low 17s first thing in the morning. Didn't feel as comfortable as yesterday ... but the tires are really starting to show signs of wear. Go out briefy for 2nd practice but pit in after a couple laps because of fuel needs.

MWSS (1st - personal best lap):
    Got a great start and holeshot into 1 and put a good gap on the group from the start. My 1st lap was a 1:18.6 ... new personal best out lap. I then clicked of a 16.8 on lap 2, and on lap 3 red flag came out. We regrid and I get pole. Another good start, but didn't put the same gap on the group, I heard the guys knocking on my door. Kept my head down, put down another 18.6 for lap 1, then followed it up with a 16.6. Lap 3 of the restart, another red flag ... race over, I win.

MWSB (1st - personal best lap):
    Get a good start but misshift, 5 guys go by me, i get sorted out stay on the gas until I get past 4 of them onn the way into turn 1 and fall in behind 318. He is running my times if not faster so I knew this was going to be a chase. I followed him for 5 laps, forming a plan of attack. I learned alot about where he is quick and where I make up ground. The only spot I thought I could make a clean pass was turn 3, so after the half way flags come out, lap 5 I make the attempt. I come hot into 3 and just hit the brakes late and less aggressivly at first. I get side by side with him almost at tip in release the brakes throw the bike in ... yay, it stuck! I continue up 4 put my head down and run the last three laps in the low 16s, finishing off with a 16.04 and the win. Awesome race!!!

Well, there are great days, and not so great days .... Sunday was one of those days.

The weather was just misting all day and just was dreary ... such is loudon, the race goes on.

HWSS (3rd):
    Got the holeshot, 318 instantly on my tail and started to make moves early in the race. He showed me a wheel coming out of 2 and into 3 a couples times, but was able to hold him off. He made a pass on the inside of 3, but went wide and I was able to reclaim the lead going up 4. We quickly caught the first expert in 9 and I tried to make a pass, put back off at the last minute which killed my drive and 318's drive, so 818 was able to get us out of 10, into 11. Now in 2nd we head down the straight and I just try to keep up with 818's 750. We get to 1, 818 passes the next expert there, I pass up the inside of 2. We go into turn 3, I miss my brake marker and try to hold my line and make the corner, but no luck. I go VERY wide, AMs, 3rd, 4th, and 5th go by me on the inside, including the expert I passed. I head up 4 and stay on the gas into 6 taking back 5th, and 4th, along with the expert putting me in 3rd with 2 laps left. 318 was able to put enough of a gap that I couldn't close it. Lap times were all over the place with the traffic ... some 16s, etc;.

MWGP (DNF):
    I had just seen 877 take out the leader in race 11, and was pretty nervous about him being behind me in the race. I got a GREAT start and put my head down and just tried to get away. I got past the first expert I caught cleanly, then came up on the 2nd on lap 5 and tried to get by in 1 but couldn't, nor in 3. I knew 318 was knocking on my back door now. We come around 9 into 10 and I get a drive to try and take the expert in the enterance of 11 on the outside. As I try to make the pass, he drifted wider than I expected (didn't know I was there) so I had to bail and go through the grass which was wet. I was headed for the divet in the run off, tried to scrub speed, but tucked the front in the wet grass, broke shift rod ... DNF

Not my day today ... win some, loose some.

I'm here to race another day and I took myself out instead of tagging the expert with my bad decision.

Off to Summit in a couple weeks, then I think I might be returning to Loudon as an Expert.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Highs and Lows of the Loudon Classic

The title really sums everything up about Loudon.

Congrats on the wins, good luck with the white plates (youre gonna bump you know it)

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Good riding and racing man. Sorry about the MWGP gig, looks solid out there.

Boston --> San Diego

Good finishes... great times... and you're not hurt. Call it a win!

When you come back as an Expert, you'll be able to race "cleaner" as you won't have to deal with backmarkers so fast.

Great job!

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Nothing to be bummed about. Those times are killer. + you learned so much this weekend.

Watch out #9... There is a new sheriff in town...

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post

Watch out #9... There is a new sheriff in town...
    hee hee hee....

Great job Jamie!! I can't wait to see you with white plates!!

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Thanks everyone! Just trying to focus on Saturday and the progress I made.

Really looking forward to learning from the experts ... even if I'm a little nervous (=

can't wait to battle w/ ya next race weekend bud, nice racing out there.....I have a blast hearing all about you and Ronnie battling with each other

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    can't wait to battle w/ ya next race weekend bud, nice racing out there.....I have a blast hearing all about you and Ronnie battling with each other
    Ron is an awesome guy! I want to continue battling with him, but I am feeling its time to bump ... hoping he makes the bump soon too.

Do you have contact information for Ron, I didn't get to congratulate him on his MWGP win yesterday and I really wanted too.

I'm really looking forward to having you tow me around Ryan and pull me into the 15s (=

I have his cell phone number if you want that... I'll PM it to you later today (my phone is charging out in my truck at the moment).

You'll have a blast as an expert....you'll be runnin low 15's by the end of the year I'm sure.

well dont this weekend jamie. as i had mentioned, that pass coming into T3 was by far one of the best I have seen. had me on the edge of my seat. nice work.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Don't sweat the lows Jamie, it happens. You still are making progress!

(my best time during the race was 1:33, progress is going backwards)

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport