Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Gman's 6/11-12/2005 Race Report

OK Here we go.
    6/10-12/2005
    Got to the track late on Thursday night. Unloaded the bike and set up the camper and tried to get some sleep. Woke up Friday and started getting the bike buttoned up from the mechanical issues that I had the week before. The Primary gear was looking OK so I put the clutch back in and filled the oil. I did a couple of test launches in the pits and everything felt OK. I didn't practice on Friday because I wasn't comfortable with the michelins that I used the last time it was dry. I ran practice on Saturday and felt really bad the bike was moving all around and not very confidence inspiring. So I made the switch back to Pirelli. I ran my race on Saturday, I finished 12th loosing a couple of positions while trying not to kill Tom as he lowsides in front of me, but the bike felt much better, I hadn't even brought the bike to Peter to change the suspension for the new Pirelli front yet. I did those changes on Saturday after the race and waited for practice on Sunday.

Sunday Morning I go out for first practice and the bike is handling totally different. It took a little more effort to turn it in but once it was there it was spot on. In the second practice I bested my race pace by almost a full second. I usually am about 2 seconds faster in the race so things were looking good.
    Ultra Light Super Bike is race 2 and as usual the butterflys were kicking at first call. So I suit up in the sweltering heat and go out. I am in the grid spot next to Jurgen so I figure it is time to "Take the Skirt OFF". Into turn one I am about 5th or so and going into 3 I am 4th behind Jurgen and he wasn't getting away. Things were pretty good until I see Jurgen spin up the rear going up the hill in 4. The bike flicked him hard and again, I am trying not to kill one of my teammates and friend. so 3 guys get past in that debacle (Jurgen heal up fast buddy). The red flag comes out and they regrid us in our position at the end of the last lap. I am now on the front row on the outside. I go into one 5th, another bad start, gotta check that clutch. I fight with the usual suspects in ULSB and on the last lap finally get by Jason and Bart, as they were fighting with each other. 2nd place and consistent low 19's, and the championship is not totally out of reach.
    Light Weight Super Bike is race 7. These are the really fast guys, Rick D is doing 15's and such so top 10 is a good goal. So after dicing with Bill MacMartin on his kickass MH900 Replica I managed to get 6th and some more 19's. All in all a great weekend except the fallen riders, get well soon everyone.....

More about the national later.
    Thanks to all of my sponsors
    Moto Italia
    Street and Comp
    Pirelli
    GMD
    Robs Dyno
    My wife and family.
    Anyone else that I missed.

Gerard Schifino

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gerard

Good race man. I watched that one cause my homeboy Matt Stone was out there in ULSB. He was in 5th. He was pretty bummed cause it took him a while to get thru traffic and by the time he got to 5th, you guys were gone. Granted he's never run 19's (20's and 21's) but he was hoping to try and 'catch the train'.

Great racing!

Boston --> San Diego

Does he race a red SV? I raced a lot with him at the end of last year. He really stepped it up last weekend from what I understand

G-man

Gerard

Nah. He races a grey Hawk with black leathers. STONE across the back of em.

Boston --> San Diego

G-Man great to see you out there again! You were definately kicking some ass this weekend.

Scott Major
    Ferrari Fix it Club Racing
    ALMS, SCCA, LRRS, CCS, FUSA #'s 161, 62, 676, 661, 205, 12, 60, 89...

Karloff? Sidekick? FUCK YOU!! That cocksucker does not deserve to smell my shit!

Originally posted by a13x
    Nah. He races a grey Hawk with black leathers. STONE across the back of em.
    I raced with him last year as a JR. He goes good.

G-man

Gerard