Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

No Guts, No Glory

No Guts, No Glory

Here's the story of how I DIDN'T set the 125GP lap record this weekend.

I'm broke... No practice money, no tire money... Of course, the track is full of other enablers, so I had no problem sourcing some high quality take-off with which to mount my attack on the 15 secong bracket. So, the front was a medium compound on a cool day. Eh, beggars can't be choosers.

The air was HUGE for the 125 Saturday and I had to go off the charts fat with the jetting to keep detonation at bay.

Race: I got a crappy start, but worked my wat to the front when the red flag flew in T3. Second time I was ready for that new starter. The one board is only half way over when he flicks the green flag. I NAILED it this time and rocketed to the front into T1. I Was going OK, but made a few mistakes on that first lap. The second lap I put my head down to check my pace. An nice clean lap yielded a 16.6 The med front felt numb, but it was sticking.

I could feel just a tingling in the bars at 12K that meant I was still jetted a touch lean. I thought, "better go for it now before the bike siezes or something stupid" I launched into lap 3 determined to have it WOT literally everywhere the bike wasn't sliding. I came out of T2 so fast I had to grab an extra gear on the back straight. I had it PINNED by the apex of 6. Coming down 9 I just whacked it to the stops.

As I hit the T10 transition the bike just got sideways and tried to spit me off, but I held it WOT until the entrance cone for 11. I was sure I wouldn't make it around, but I did, so I gassed it up into 12, but that was the final straw. I leaned to the right for 12 and the bike just went straight. I must have been doing over 70 MPH!

No Glory today, but I learned a whole new set of markers in just one lap!!! Just wait til next year!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

No Guts, No Glory

as I said, you are crazy ... but can't wait to see what you have in ya for next year!

No Guts, No Glory

Damn, Paul, flying on take-offs, tearing off 16's and you crash out pushing the envelope.

Meanwhile the entire rest of the field were lucky to crack into the teens, right?

Well, if there ever was a chance to let it all hang out, this was it--you already clinched the title and had nothing to lose at this point so might as well go for it.

Adam
    http://www.webcrush.com

AMA FX#60 SBK#160
    WERA #60