Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What happened to "adjusting to the conditions"? (Anyone, everyone, come inside)

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: What happened to "adjusting to the conditions"? (Anyone, everyone, come inside)

If he'd face your wrath, I can see why he wouldn't.....

...seriously, I you Jay.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

Re: What happened to "adjusting to the conditions"? (Anyone, everyone, come inside)

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    have you ever publicly?
    What's that matter? If I chew a hypothetical you out privately, I get my point across. If I do it publicly, what do I gain, internet kudos?

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    What's that matter? If I chew a hypothetical you out privately, I get my point across. If I do it publicly, what do I gain, internet kudos?
    Because this discussion is in public. When you work for Honda, you don't say, you don't like this Honda, or that it's poorly designed in public. You say it in the Honda secret meeting, and in public you say, I love this Honda.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

When you work for Honda, you don't say, you don't like this Honda, or that it's poorly designed in public. You say it in the Honda secret meeting, and in public you say, I love this Honda.
    I thought this was otherwise known as a "Nicky Hayden", no?

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    How long have you been racing?
    What's that have to do with anything? Would my questions or comments mean more if I had numerous years of racing under my belt?

I control a bike just the same as anyone else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood
    You're all worked up because I call this bandaid work around unsafe and I'm not going to race it? What do you care what I do? Not racing it makes me a sissy? So tell me, are you tough or stupid for doing it when you have no idea what you're going into? You haven't even seen a video of what you're talking about.
    To answer your questions:

I'm not worked up.

I don't care.

I don't recall name calling at any point in time.

Given the choices you've provided? Stupid. Then again, anyone who's lived life really has no idea what they're going day to day, so what's that tell ya?

I don't care enough to watch a video. Instead, my efforts this weekend will be geared toward concentrating on making the most out of this new (and temporary) configuration, learning it as quick as possible and continuing about my goals just like any other weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post

Bergs started his own alternate configuration thread to prove his toughness haha.

That's the only reason.

Last edited by butcher bergs; 05-28-09 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    Would my questions or comments mean more if I had numerous years of racing under my belt?
    yup!

I control a bike just the same as anyone else out there.
    butcher

have you ever publicly?
    Have I needed to? Do I need to post up all my private conversations on NESR for some Street Cred? If there isn't a thread already up that my (few) disagreements fit into should I make a new thread?

Shall I go see how many times you've lamblasted Tony for something questionable in the TTD forum

BTW General Statement: Jeff Wood has nothing to do with the running of LRRS. I see that common misconception posted way too often. Eric and Jerry however do.

Boston --> San Diego

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Shall I go see how many times you've lamblasted Tony for something questionable in the TTD forum
    Which is exactly my point.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

and in public you say, I love this Honda.
    Actually for me personally I say nothing.

Let's not forget something very very important. I make my LIVING in the motorcycle industry. You don't. Anyone remember that thread where I posted up about the Bell Star at Barber? I said 'I went back to wearing my Arai the next day, PM me if you want details'. Guess what, I got called by Bell at my desk at Ducati and asked about that. I was having a phonecall with someone yesterday and it came up, almost a year later.

I work with and have business dealings with the entire sport. I can't afford to just run my mouth half-cocked about some rumor. *shrug* That's okay thou, better not to anyhow.

Boston --> San Diego

Which is exactly my point.
    I have no idea what your point is. I agree with something LRRS is doing. I state that. If I don't, I don't normally comment on it.

Fail to see the issue.

Last edited by a13x; 05-28-09 at 03:48 PM.
    Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    yup!
    Why is that, do you suppose? I see the same things as anyone else.

A good number of the people who have commented here so far are the same ones who don't push themselves every weekend, haven't pushed themselves yet they rely on their years of experience in the hopes that it means something? With that said then, sounds like alls I need to do is turn laps like I was at a track day and just wait for time to go by.....maybe then my questions and comments would hold more value...

butcher

I'm going pack the truck and head up to the track. No more internet till Tuesday. Peace.

Boston --> San Diego

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

Here's a email from Bob Perkins and his opinion of the setup.

After running the vintage event this month, I have to say that the hundred or more cones out there on the racing surface Sucks!!! After going down the front strait and then trying to negotiate a bike through a bunch of cones looking like a blur of orange, even on an EX was difficult. I had to split cones twice, just in my race to keep from hitting them. I remember the 2 cones that we had used at the apex of Turn 10 many years ago being a big problem. ( Mike Gage in first, flips up a cone which goes under Dan Frisbies front tire sending him into the tires at full speed, not pretty !). Another thing that happened last event, every time a bunch of cones were hit, it took a lot of time putting them back in place and it happened that every time going through the banking, the cones were put back in different places so every time you went through there it was a different set up. This won't work for fast bikes ! My thought,,, we should slow the bikes down on the front strait, and use no cones on the banking. Maybe using tires would work better to slow us down, ???????????? ?? See you there, bp

I don't think that any of you who have responded ever gave the thought of someone clipping a cone and having the rider behind you crash because of it.
    Just my two cents worth. Back to your bitch session.

JVS

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

Everybody to the limit!

A good number of the people who have commented here so far are the same ones who don't push themselves every weekend, haven't pushed themselves yet they rely on their years of experience in the hopes that it means something?
    With the exception of myself, I don't think you can point me to a single other person in this thread who fits this definition at all.

Ok, back to lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    With the exception of myself, I don't think you can point me to a single other person in this thread who fits this definition at all.

Ok, back to lurking.

Thought you were done here? No?

..and if I start name dropping now, well, let's just say there's plenty of sand in this thread already.

..and if I start name dropping now, well, let's just say there's plenty of sand in this thread already.

Its ok, you can name me. As long as Devo will still be friends with me.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

...for a thread with no naked women, this sure has some legs

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

cackling bitches refers to women.

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Everybody to the limit!

I was, but I'm just dying to know what other racers in this thread you've passed judgement on as not "pushing themselves" to whatever level you in your infinite wisdom have deemed to be an acceptable race pace. As that seems to be A) pretty fucking arrogant, and B) wrong. I know every racer who has posted in this thread and there's not a single one (again, myself excluded) I would say doesn't go out there and push themselves.

Last edited by Honclfibr; 05-28-09 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    I was, but I'm just dying to know what other racers in this thread you've passed judgement on as not "pushing themselves" to whatever level you in your infinite wisdom have deemed to be an acceptable race pace.
    Here's what I don't get (and you've done this a few times in this thread), when did I ever mention "race pace"? You and a few others really need to work on reading skills along with not putting words into people's mouths. Then again, it seems as though that's how you want to roll....

When I use the term "pushing themselves" I mean in EVERY aspect of racing....not just race pace, but by learning a temporary config, putting a bike back together in time for the next heat, repairing the tow vehicle in order to get up to the track, building a bike until 1:30am on the first race weekend just to make it to first race weekend....every aspect of racing is what I meant when I said "pushing themselves"

Problem is, because you have chosen to maintain your blindness so wonderfully, you see my words and add some of your own until you feel you have a viable retort. That, my friend, is weak.

This will be an interesting weekend for sure! No fights near garage 10 please.

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62gigawatts View Post
    No fighting for me...

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62gigawatts View Post
    Aww, I was gonna set up monkey knife fights for post-race saturday.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

This is more fun than racing!

The video care of Denno, to me, says safer than the previous video setup as far as traffic. It also says "3 more 12-12a" turns that are already a bottleneck/crashing place with the normal setup.

Easy on the flop and exit guys, even on an EX500 you are lookin at a nasty highside if you roll on too much. Those are some slow corners. I would love to try it on a motard, not so much a 600.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

When I use the term "pushing themselves" I mean in EVERY aspect of racing....not just race pace, but by learning a temporary config, putting a bike back together in time for the next heat, repairing the tow vehicle in order to get up to the track, building a bike until 1:30am on the first race weekend just to make it to first race weekend....every aspect of racing is what I meant when I said "pushing themselves"

So who?

If I was given a choise between fun and dedication, I'm fairly certain anyone here knows which one I'd go (and have gone) for.

Last edited by TheIglu; 05-28-09 at 06:24 PM.
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast