Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Have you ever heard anything SO........

STUPID! Death to WSBK.....please!

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Jul/030731a.htm

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

I believe WSBK is in its death throes as we speak. Levelling the playing field? What a load of crap. It's all about $$ (don't have the keystroke for the Euro!). I can imagine that the teams, and especially the riders, are going to be pissed. What I find even harder to believe is that I've seen a number of people on other forums think it is a great idea! They are actually buying into the BS that it will level the field. Right now teams can choose any tires you want, that provides for a much more fair system. Some people just like the feel of certain tires over others. Oh well, leave it to the communist-bent europeans.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

The rules have basically favored Ducati (an underperformer if you ask me). They wanna level it, say NO mods whatsoever on production bikes, with the exception of tire choice (at least in Supersport). That means you'll see the downright performance of YOUR bike. Something the consumers would love to see. This would also make the privateers more competitive and keep manufacturers focused on performance and quality. As for Superbike, it should be a test of who can build the baddest naturally aspirated bike going. Having the hottest engine ain't gonna amount to a hill of beans if other factors suck (ie. suspension, tires). This is the test bed for future advancements. Restrictor plates......bullshit. Everyone is afraid of how dominant the Gixxer1k is (aside from tire maintenance issues). The AMA went on that "taking back the AMA" campaign to get the right decisions and people in place. I have yet to see fair play in the AMA also. I don't have Speedvision, but in some ways I don't miss it because the only real racing is 600 supersport.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

The rules have basically favored Ducati (an underperformer if you ask me). They wanna level it, say NO mods whatsoever on production bikes, with the exception of tire choice (at least in Supersport). That means you'll see the downright performance of YOUR bike. Something the consumers would love to see. This would also make the privateers more competitive and keep manufacturers focused on performance and quality. As for Superbike, it should be a test of who can build the baddest naturally aspirated bike going. Having the hottest engine ain't gonna amount to a hill of beans if other factors suck (ie. suspension, tires). This is the test bed for future advancements. Restrictor plates......bullshit. Everyone is afraid of how dominant the Gixxer1k is (aside from tire maintenance issues). The AMA went on that "taking back the AMA" campaign to get the right decisions and people in place. I have yet to see fair play in the AMA also. I don't have Speedvision anymore, but in some ways I don't miss it because the only real racing is 600 supersport.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

2X ????????

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

(Rye is an underper-poster if you ask me)

" Never create what you can't control "