Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Asking for help - The Seattle 100

Thumbs up Asking for help - The Seattle 100

I debated about posting this...and held off for a while, but what the hell, it's for a good cause. (mods, if this violates rules or something, let me know and I'll delete)

I'm taking part in the Seattle 100 on Saturday, out here at Pacific Raceways. It's a track day fund raising event to benefit the NephCure Foundation and I'm asking for donations. The NephCure Foundation is the only organization in the world dedicated to finding the cause and cure of two potentially devastating kidney diseases.

Some history for those who don't feel like clicking the website. "Brian Orton, co-founder of 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction, is co-founder and Vice President of the non-profit NephCure Foundation (www.nephcure.org), the only organization in the world dedicated solely to the cause and cure of glomerular kidney disease – which affects his young son, Christian. Christian was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome at the age of only 10 months. This condition occurs when kidney filters malfunction and protein needed by the body is instead lost though urine. Swelling occurs throughout the body, especially around the eyes and limbs, cholesterol soars, and hospitalization is generally required. Long-term effects of Nephrotic Syndrome can cause Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), kidney scarring that can require daily dialysis, or a kidney transplant. Thankfully, Christian has been in remission for 9 years now, and while doctors are amazed at how well he's doing, there is still no definitive cure and there are many others who aren't as fortunate."

This is the 7th year of the event, and as I see it, a wonderful way to give back doing something I'd be doing anyway. Beth and I went to spectate last year and it was a lot fun and I'm very excited to be a ride this year.

In exchange for raising money for the organization, I'll get the opportunity to spend the day riding and socialize with a few well-known pros! This year Josh Hayes, Jake Holden, and Danny Eslick are confirmed...along with a mystery guest. David Allen Grier is also scheduled to be the mc of the dinner/awards ceremony at the end of the day. Previous VIP's also include Mat Mladin, Ben Spies, Aaron Yates, Jake Zemke, Jason DiSalvo, Chaz Davies, and Aaron Gobert. Most of which have participated multiple years. You can see some pictures from last year's event here: http://studio819.smugmug.com/2-Fast/578166

Anyway, thanks to those who made it this far (or just skipped ahead). Donations can be made directly to the foundation through my page, here: http://www.active.com/donate/seattle1002009/brianj. They don't have to be large, every little bit helps (and they are tax deductable). So far I've raised just about $500 through a small group locally, so I figured I would reach out here for a last minute push. The website was only recently created and doesn't reflect all donations, although I will be funneling them through the site at the end of the week before I go to the track.

Thank you to everyone in advance for at least reading and considering. I really miss racing and riding with you all and, while this year is pretty full, I hope to make it back for a round next year!

Thanks Again!
    Brian

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brian
    LRRS/CCS EX #881
    WMRRA EX #281

Re: Asking for help - The Seattle 100

Looks like Elena Meyers will be the 4th VIP this year...just released...http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=37429

Brian
    LRRS/CCS EX #881
    WMRRA EX #281

Re: Asking for help - The Seattle 100

Donation made!

This sounds like a great event Brian.

Let's go NESR....

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post