Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hey Eric

Re: Hey Eric

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus View Post
    Attachment 39709

you don't need to hang off when physics seems to forget to work on you
    Everything I know is a lie.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus View Post
    Attachment 39709

you don't need to hang off when physics seems to forget to work on you
    he's got nothing on Mick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey Eric-mick-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    he's got nothing on Mick
    Is that what they mean by "dragging ass?"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '14 Aprilia Tuono - crack on 2 wheels, '14 Ninja 300, '04 BMW M3

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    he's got nothing on Derek
    Truth.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

How is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Hey Eric-ball-pit-jpg

Hello thread, I love you. You always make me laugh.

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

I'd rank Doohan as one of the top 3 greatest racers ever. how the fuck he could even ride the damn thing like that is beyond me. how do you look through a corner while twisting your shoulders away from it? he just made shit work.

Eric's knee isn't even down. Pffft.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Everything I know is a lie.....
    I wonder what, if anything, Eric holds back in his classes.... I mean, I don't think he'd hold anything back safety related but I'd love to know if there's any racecraft he doesn't bring out - or is he just that much better at implementing what he teaches.

A perfect example is a coach from another org that said he taught a guy where to hang out behind somebody on Thunderbolt so that they wouldn't know you were back there...then the same guy used that advice on him to pass him on the last lap and win the race.

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

You guys crack me up..... so there is mostly truth floating around here. I'll set a few things straight.

Best times - 1:10.39 on my 1098. My best on an 848 is an 1:11.0 or 1:11.1, I honestly forget which.

Times overall have gone up in the last couple years - more bumps, more sealer .... or maybe we're just getting older? SG was the only guy in the 11's all least season, and it was on the last weekend. So, for me to do an 11 on my ZX6 makes me pretty happy as I didn't do them all last year. Now, that could very likely have something to do with the fact that Scotty didn't either - we all have a tendency to ride as fast as we need to.

My bike is really good. When I first got it, it was not...but I don't think it's fair to compare my first weekend on a bike to one that I dialed in every year since 2008. My Ducati was about as sorted as a bike could get, and no one has Kawasaki data because they had not been ridden much (especially at Loudon). The bike has some really nice strengths that I'm learning to exploit, and as of last weekend I really like riding it. The motor is fantastic and the chassis is coming along nicely. To get this close in 2 weekends of work speaks a lot about how capable these bikes are. I still have 3-4 more rounds of specific things that we are going to try to make things better right now - and we'll see what ideas we come up with while we are working on those. The process never ends, does it?

As far as sharing info - ask me anything and I'll be happy to share. After racing each other for 15+ years, there aren't any secrets between me and Scotty, and Christian wants to ride like Rossi (I saw the photo) so anything we have to say won't matter to him anyway.

And yeah - I'll work on getting to that apex - thanks for the tip

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So.....

Much......

Win.....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

What was Jeff's time on an EX500?
    As I recall it was a 17.7

Hey Eric, Does the Kawi still tend to chatter?

Paul_E_D

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

I've been working on that as I go. It's way better than when I rode Jeff's bike in 2009. It's interesting, because I can now consistently ride it as fast as mid 1:13's with no real chatter to speak of. It's only when pushing it really hard that it chatters at all now, and I made some big strides in the setup to solve it last weekend. The chatter is acting more like a "push" - which is what all bikes do when they approach the limit the right way. I have had some laps in the morning in the 1:12's and had virtually no chatter. It's nothing magical, just trying to use my head and go through a logical progression of tests to see what helps and what hurts. For most of the last two weekends the bike was different every time it went out. I now could give anyone with one of these bikes, regardless of what suspension or tire brands you use, enough data to set up a ZX6 that will run 1:13's comfortably with little or no chatter. The last second is up to you!

Christian said he does the leg out thing on warm up laps to make fun of people who do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    I've been working on that as I go. It's way better than when I rode Jeff's bike in 2009. It's interesting, because I can now consistently ride it as fast as mid 1:13's with no real chatter to speak of. It's only when pushing it really hard that it chatters at all now, and I made some big strides in the setup to solve it last weekend. The chatter is acting more like a "push" - which is what all bikes do when they approach the limit the right way. I have had some laps in the morning in the 1:12's and had virtually no chatter. It's nothing magical, just trying to use my head and go through a logical progression of tests to see what helps and what hurts. For most of the last two weekends the bike was different every time it went out. I now could give anyone with one of these bikes, regardless of what suspension or tire brands you use, enough data to set up a ZX6 that will run 1:13's comfortably with little or no chatter. The last second is up to you!
    so if I buy a Kawi I'll be doing 13s. guess I have some shopping to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    That's interesting for sure. Funny that it still has that in its nature. Good that you're able to work through it though.

Paul_E_D

Is Scotty here on NESR?

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Is Scotty here on NESR?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post