Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Kurlon

Hey Kurlon

hate to say it, but....

Hey Kurlon-600-frame-jpg

Hey Kurlon-750-frame-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey Kurlon-600-frame-jpg   Hey Kurlon-750-frame-jpg  

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Re: Hey Kurlon

Bahahahahaha.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I don't really want to get in the middle of this but don't they check the VIN not the part number? I know my VIN has been checked before and the 749/999 frames are the same too.

I'm pretty sure the rule book specifically says you can't swap smaller motor to run in a smaller class.

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rule book specifically says you can't swap smaller motor to run in a smaller class.
    it was discussed in another thread that the only difference between the 600 and 750 on the 06/07 GSX-R's is the motor, ECU, and air box. he was stating that a 750 frame wouldnt be MW SS legal, even though they're the same frame for the 600's. VINs are only checked for contingency purposes.

EX 105

Interesting, I didn't go back to the 06s, good to know. (Why are Suzuki fiches harder to find online? My normal go-tos either skip Suzuki entirely yet have KTM and CanAm or are way behind on updates...)

CCS will still smack you down. I've had this conversation with them. (Remember, I like to frankenstein things?) That is EXACTLY why the rule about downsizing machines is in place, to prevent those swaps. The only way to get around it is to convert the machine to a single cylinder, then all restrictions are off. Again, I don't think anyone in LRRS is going to call you out for it, but if they do, you lose.

Last edited by Kurlon; 09-04-13 at 09:15 AM. Reason: How'd that extra o get there?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    you loose.
    Jim is loose. Good to know.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Jim is loose. Good to know.
    D-oh! Not where I meant for that to go...

Crap, that sounds just as bad.

Interesting, I didn't go back to the 06s, good to know. (Why are Suzuki fiches harder to find online?
    that thread we discussed was about his 06/07 750, which is why i kept saying the frames are the same. all suzuki dealers have the micro fiche on their website.

as far as CCS, i've discussed this as well with Eric in Texas. the 06/07 600/750 GSX-R frames are interchangeable since their OEM and don't change the weight or geometry of either bike.

EX 105

Doing a bit more looking, the intake stacks need to be swapped as well... which is interesting given they run the same airbox housing and air ducts. Throttle bodies are different so that makes more sense. I wonder how many 600s are running around with 750 stacks and throttle bodies... Tanks are different PNs but I'm thinking that's just color differences?

Edit: Very 'yamaha' like in reusing stuff between machines. Strictly superbike terms, seems like a mean CCS legal MWSB machine could be had by mating a 750 head and pistons to a 600 block and lower end. Comes in at 657cc, just under the 660cc limit, use 600 cams and play with the timing and you could widen the powerband out a bit for NHMS or go 750 cams and shoot for peak power.

Last edited by Kurlon; 09-04-13 at 10:03 AM.

like i said, the only difference is motor, ECU, and air box.

air box, meaning complete. i'd never change the stacks if i'm swapping an air box.

EX 105

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Only because I find this bantering back and forth very comical, laughing at my desk comical.

The part number Jim refers to as being the same is not the original part number for the frames it is a superceding part number

The originals as per Jim's photos

GSXR 600 41100-01H00-YAP

GSXR 750 41100-02H00-YAP

Clearly different part numbers.

Oddly looks like both Josh and Jim could be construed as correct depending on the interpretation of the parts listings.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Oddly looks like both Josh and Jim could be construed as correct depending on the interpretation of the parts listings.
    Not possible, world will explode due to resulting paradox. Cleaners will be along shortly to remove you and any evidence of this loophole, do be kind and cooperate as they've had a long day.

They are the same.......just like the 2011 GSXR 600/750 Oil filter has a diff part number but isnt any different from the previous ones. They are the exact same filter as I have used an 06 filter on a 2011 (cause Im super crazy)....they just changed the part #'s in 2011 and now they come in a plastic package and not a Box.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    They are the same.......just like the 2011 GSXR 600/750 Oil filter has a diff part number but isnt any different from the previous ones. They are the exact same filter as I have used an 06 filter on a 2011 (cause Im super crazy)....they just changed the part #'s in 2011 and now they come in a plastic package and not a Box.
    Oh I definitely understand that they are the same. Like I said I just find this discussion funny and figured I could fuel it along.

I have worked for companies that have many parts where the only difference between two items is the part number due to the customer purchasing the part.

Last edited by tls25rs; 09-04-13 at 11:51 AM. Reason: removed nonsense at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Faceplant View Post
    it was discussed in another thread that the only difference between the 600 and 750 on the 06/07 GSX-R's is the motor, ECU, and air box. he was stating that a 750 frame wouldnt be MW SS legal, even though they're the same frame for the 600's. VINs are only checked for contingency purposes.
    I've been reading the other thread.

The rule book doesn't say part numbers, it say you can't swap in a smaller motor. To find out what your bike is(year, make, model) they'd have to use the VIN. The VIN would show a 750. Not legal, and not that I care at all mind you. I understand your argument that the the two frames are identical but I think you would lose.

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

I personally wouldn't.
    I have a new unstamped frame. Could be for a 600 or 750

EX 105

No VIN makes your life more difficult:

Quote Originally Posted by 2013 LRRS Rule Book
    16.5.1 Protest documentation - It is the responsibility of the protested party to produce documentation regarding specifications of his/her machine for use in determining class suitability. Such documentation must be produced within 60 minutes of notification to the protested party or the protest will be upheld.
    20.1 SUPERSPORT - SuperSport motorcycles are production machines sold by manufacturers and their dealers for street use in North America via normal commercial channels. All machines must have unaltered VIN numbers. Proof of compliance rests with the competitor entering the machine.
    20.2 SUPERBIKE - SuperBikes are based upon production models, sold by manufacturer and their dealers anywhere in the world for street use via normal commercial channels. Proof of compliance rests with the competitor entering the motorcycle. All machines must have unaltered VIN numbers. CCS reserves the right to declare unusual or limited production machines eligible for SuperBike competition. All machines must meet the standards of Section 19 as well as the following. CCS reserves the right to re-factor machines at any time. CCS will notify current licensees 30 days prior to any change. Changes will take effect 30 days from the original date of notification.

I have the paperwork for my unstamped VIN. New frames in MA only get stamped by the state police after they're registered.

EX 105

Didn't read all the posts but the forks are also different between 600/750

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I have the paperwork for my unstamped VIN. New frames in MA only get stamped by the state police after they're registered.
    forgot to mention that i had to provide paperwork for my unstamped frame at tech in Daytona. it passed for MW SS as well as the ASRA classes

EX 105

forgot to mention that i had to provide paperwork for my unstamped frame at tech in Daytona. it passed for MW SS as well as the ASRA classes
    So, what you're saying is you didn't get protested?

Passed Tech != Legal

doesn't matter at this point. I've got a 2007 GSX-R 600 coming and I'm using that frame.

EX 105

gixxers are like tp. use it once then throw it away.

doesn't matter at this point. I've got a 2007 GSX-R 600 coming and I'm using that frame.
    Where are you guys finding all these disposable middleweights?! Either you've got an awesome cash flow that I'd love to find a way to divert, or you've stumbled upon a bike hoarder's nirvana...

Where are you guys finding all these disposable middleweights?! Either you've got an awesome cash flow that I'd love to find a way to divert, or you've stumbled upon a bike hoarder's nirvana...
    i know peeps. 06/07 GSX-R's are easy and cheap to come across. i actually might have another 750 on my hands this winter too, so i wont get dusted in HW races for CCS.

EX 105

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast