Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

No more HJC helmets at LRRS

Originally posted by legalspeed
    You're welcome.

Jerry mentioned this last year. That is time enough.

They are making a decision based on what they've had experience in. Safety is the concern, not people's budgets, or un-informed opinions.

They are the oldest and sometimes the most progressive motorcycle school in the nation.

Let them do their job.
    thank you lol

I hope you are right about the saftey thing and not what others suspect...

if they mentioned it last year it should be in the books this year and no debate about it...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Yup, Conflict!!!

If you went to the Rider's meeting you could tell it's going to be a Sponsor and sales thing!!!!

They don't realize that people mostly get hurt at louden because of the layout of the track!!! Loudon is not the safest motorcycle track to race on, ask the AMA what they think of loudon!!

Last edited by Montee73; 05-15-06 at 02:23 PM.
    United States Coast Guard
    2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*
    Http://www.soldiers-n-cycles.org

Originally posted by Montee73
    They don't realize that people mostly get hurt at louden because of the layout of the track!!! Louden is not the safest motorcycle track to race on, ask the AMA what they think of louden!!
    yeah, i'm going to venture to guess that most crashes don't happen because of the track layout ...

It's not the layout, it's the lack of run-off room!!! Face it, a safety wall is great for a Nascar but not a human body slamming into it at 100, just ask my pall #424 from saturday!!! LOL! He is ok!!

Ohhh BTW, Is HJC took most of the blow!!!

2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*

Why do i get the feeling im not gonna buy into what someone who can't even spell Loudon right thinks???

As some one who has just started racing this track i'll say this, it certainly is challenging. Isn't that what we are looking for though? I'm mean if it wasn't a challenge why would we bother. Quit your bitchin about your crappy HJC helmets and get a decent HJC helmet, Its not a conspiracy it just common sense....Hey people are getting hurt more in these helmets than others maybe we should look into it. Their not saying buy an ARAI just don't use shit....but hey fuck it you brain is about as useful at the track as a kickstand right?

Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!

Lifer

The track is dangerous. I'd bet a good amount of crashes are a result of such things as bad pavement transitions as well as the dangers of no run off, huge rocks in turn 9, the drop off at the edge of the pavement in the bowl, the tires in 1 and 3. Who the hell thinks old tires are a nice protective cushion to crash into at 120? At least snell tests and approves these helmets, how many people have tested and NOT approved the loudon road course?

Some helmets may be better built but how can you tell us some helmets won't be allowed without telling us which will or will not. This is leaving a little too much to the discretion of a handfull of people and how they might feel that day. If this is actually justified then i'd like to see some numbers or evidence other than 'trust us we know better than you'. i'm willing to bet any of the helmets out today, HJC included, are better than anything that was out when these people were racing. What do they actually know about the helmet construction and testing? I have two arais and two HJC and guess which I haven't put on in nearly two years. I clean and maintain the HJC's and they're great. Clean either of the RX7's and the cheek pads fall out, lines seperate, glue on the tab that holds the cheek pad in breaks down and fails, not to mention that the tinted visors that they sell for more than the cost of my HJC helmet and visor only last a few months before you have to replace them.

It's no trouble at all for me to bring my arai instead of my HJC, but i stick to my opinion that this is an ungrounded knee jerk reaction and if decisions are being made they need to be clear decisions and the requirements need to be precise.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

i have been able to crash in turns 1, 2 and 3-4 ... i have walked away from each, and the bike has been in decent shape both times (thanks to airfence in turn 2).

i had the chance to ride VIR this year, and coming back to loudon I felt like a sardin in a can for the first lap. I quickly got back into the loudon mindset and remembered why I love this track so much.

VIR was pretty easy to figure out ... loudon takes alot more work to get around, and I still don't feel like I have t figured out after 2 years of riding on it (8 track days, 2 race weekends). Its a great challange and I don't get tired of it

the track should not be used as an excuse for people crashing or getting injured ... being on the bike makes you, the rider responsible for what happens.

let me add to my comment ...

i in no way am even fast enough to have the run off room (or lack there of) to be an issue

when I see paul, jeff wood, etc; ride, I can see the concern ... but for me loudon is ok ... keeping it on two wheels is up to me

Originally posted by hessogood
    The track is dangerous. I'd bet a good amount of crashes are a result of such things as bad pavement transitions as well as the dangers of no run off, huge rocks in turn 9, the drop off at the edge of the pavement in the bowl, the tires in 1 and 3. Who the hell thinks old tires are a nice protective cushion to crash into at 120? At least snell tests and approves these helmets, how many people have tested and NOT approved the loudon road course?

Some helmets may be better built but how can you tell us some helmets won't be allowed without telling us which will or will not. This is leaving a little too much to the discretion of a handfull of people and how they might feel that day. If this is actually justified then i'd like to see some numbers or evidence other than 'trust us we know better than you'. i'm willing to bet any of the helmets out today, HJC included, are better than anything that was out when these people were racing. What do they actually know about the helmet construction and testing? I have two arais and two HJC and guess which I haven't put on in nearly two years. I clean and maintain the HJC's and they're great. Clean either of the RX7's and the cheek pads fall out, lines seperate, glue on the tab that holds the cheek pad in breaks down and fails, not to mention that the tinted visors that they sell for more than the cost of my HJC helmet and visor only last a few months before you have to replace them.

It's no trouble at all for me to bring my arai instead of my HJC, but i stick to my opinion that this is an ungrounded knee jerk reaction and if decisions are being made they need to be clear decisions and the requirements need to be precise.
    That's the whole issue!!! It was a shot from the hip!!! I have a ARAI and a HJC.. I trust both of them. They made it sound like a sales pitch and that's not the way to do it. Before they came to the rider's meeting with this they should have had the list!

2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*

So lets just agree that you have to roll with the program. As new people to the scene we really have no say....hell old school people don't even get a say most of the time so lets all get a beer and have a good time.

Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!

Originally posted by s a x m a n
    let me add to my comment ...

i in no way am even fast enough to have the run off room (or lack there of) to be an issue

when I see paul, jeff wood, etc; ride, I can see the concern ... but for me loudon is ok ... keeping it on two wheels is up to me
    Very, Very true!!!! Well sayed!

We don't need much room, face it, we don't slide that far when we go down... I am just saying that they are placing the blame on HJC when all these accidents could have happened in ARAI helmets also!

2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*

i didn't think it sounded like a sales pitch ... but then again, I have a shoei x-11, so this doesn't concern me

i just can't see how a $100 is the same as a $600, hell even a $300 helmet.

I'll be ready for a new helmet next year and will be looking at a helmet in the price range as my current one.

granted, i have not done research into helmets ... but I just feel safer with my helmet than I would with a $100 helmet.

the point that I got from the riders meeting was "don't buy cheap ass helmets" ... why this is an issue for some people, i'm not sure.

Lifer

Just wait till the only acceptable rearsets and framesliders are woodcraft, because of saftey issues.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by Rick Lee
    So lets just agree that you have to roll with the program. As new people to the scene we really have no say....hell old school people don't even get a say most of the time so lets all get a beer and have a good time.
    That's it, we should just pay our dues and race!!

Cheers

2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*

Very, Very true!!!! Well sayed!

I am just saying that they are placing the blame on HJC when all these accidents could have happened in ARAI helmets also!

i think people are placing too much into the fact that they mentioned HJC and ARAI in the meeting. It was an example, that is all. Yes the HJC helmet has been the cause for concern, but there are other cheap ass helmets out there that they probably don't want you showing up in as well.

good point

" Never create what you can't control "

i didn't think it sounded like a sales pitch ... but then again, I have a shoei x-11, so this doesn't concern me

I'll be ready for a new helmet next year and will be looking at a helmet in the price range as my current one.

granted, i have not done research into helmets ... but I just feel safer with my helmet than I would with a $100 helmet.

the point that I got from the riders meeting was "don't buy cheap ass helmets" ... why this is an issue for some people, i'm not sure.
    100 dollar blow molded helmet's are in no way as strong as composite helmet's, I just don't like to hear a single name all the time when there are many quality helmet's out there!!

They mentioned a single name!!!

2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*

Originally posted by hessogood
    Just wait till the only acceptable rearsets and framesliders are woodcraft, because of saftey issues.
    thats kind of in left field, isn't it?

too be the helmet issue should be a no brainer ... the HJC AC helmets are acceptable from what I understand ... its just the plastic shell ones that are not.

guess I just don't understand why anyone has an issue with them banning a helmet that is not intended for "competitve" use.

cheap and inexpensive are 2 totally different things..HJC's are not cheap helmets

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

someone mentioned to me earlier today that A helmet is much better then NO helmet, but i do see the concern

" Never create what you can't control "

thats kind of in left field, isn't it?

too be the helmet issue should be a no brainer ... the HJC AC helmets are acceptable from what I understand ... its just the plastic shell ones that are not.

guess I just don't understand why anyone has an issue with them banning a helmet that is not intended for "competitve" use.
    SNELL approved helmets are intended for competitive use..thats what the snell approval means...and that is good enoguh for the rest of the tracks in this country...just not loudon?

He sayed HJC . . .

If he would have sayed HJC Blow Molds are not allowed, it would have been ok....

2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*

oy ... nevermind

Yea,

This can keep going and going!!!

oy,

2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*

I am just saying that they are placing the blame on HJC when all these accidents could have happened in ARAI helmets also!
    uh... are you saying someone said the accidencts were caused by HJC?

My personal position is that i think some snell/dot helmets should not be allowed in a racing environment. On the other hand, I think some helmets that are NOT snell/dot certified SHOULD be allowed... I agree that the LOW END HJC models should not be allowed, but saying ALL HJC helmets are not allowed is BS. However, unless it has been specifically said that ALL HJC helmets are banned, I think we should wait until a list has been posted on the website before we form a posse to go burn down the registration hut.

I was not at the rider's meeting, but I believe their intentions are well-meant, but from what I've heard, LRRS has always had a crappy way of presenting the decisions they make to the racers themselves.

-Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650