Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hmmmm!

Hmmmm!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for there help and support this past weekend. I couldn't have done it without you guys....
    I have real mixed emotions at the moment. It was like, one minute I'm fighting for the lead of my first real race (dry race), and the next minute I'm laying on the track in disbelief. I feel like I let everyone down.
    As far as the accident goes, I was kinda pissed that the first place rider, ran the lapper into the air fence, which caused me to T-Bone the lapper, but I realize that in the heat of battle he was just trying to get away from me and win. I have no hard feelings towards him at all. I hope the lapped rider is alright. I know he had to go to the hospital.
    The racing itself was great! I started in the second row. The green flag dropped and I believe I was in the 3rd position by the time we exited turn 1. I believe I overtook the 3rd place rider on the brakes goin into turn 3. After that I just tried to settle in behind the first place rider. He was pretty quick coming off the corners but I was killing him on the brakes, into turn 1, turn 3 and the bowl. There were a few times that i almost hit him goin into the bowl. I guess it was about half way that I felt my hand starting to cramp up. So i tried to relax a bit and catch my wind. He would get a few bikes on me, but I would get it all back on the brakes. I honestly believe I could've passed him on any lap, but I didn't want to be in the lead (which ended up being a mistake), because of what happened in the rain on Sat. So basically I was just following him around. Finally, one time while entering the bowl I got around him. Well, i guess he didn't want to give it up, so he came back through on the inside of me and almost took me out. Anyway, a few turns later we ran into the lapper. He got a little impatient and passed the lapper in the final chicane. Sending him heading into the airfence, which threw him and his bike directly in front of me........

At the moment, I pretty much stuck in bed for a couple of days. I can't walk without crutches. Thankfully I didn't brake anything.
    So, I'm gonna get a new frame and we're gonna have to build another bike before the next race weekend. I'm gonna get you guy's some wins.....

Hey Spence,
    I really appreciate the help. Out of everyone. I felt I let you down the most. Don't worry though, we'll get them next time....

peace

ow!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hmmmm!

dude, no way you let us down.

i was down at 3/10 that race, and you looked awesome out there.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Hmmmm!

Stick with it bro, you'll do better in time.

Just remember, there are other racers out there too.
    That is why I didn't run Saturday in the wet, also the shifting is backwards on my bike, so a little prudence was called for in my paddock.

Glad to see you didn't need the disco bus Gary.

As for NESR, they're not fair weather fans, they'll stick with ya', anyone out on the track during a race deserves a great deal of respect, everyone I've met at NESR knows this.

Good luck Gary, See you in May, 'cause I know you'll be there taking trophies!!

-D&B

PS, If there is ANYTHING Barb and I can do, please let us know, racers support racers, plain and simple.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Hmmmm!

There is no way you let any of us down. I think it was obvious to everyone that you have a ton of talent, and we are all behind you 100%. That was some very impressive racing. The other guy (was it 363 ?) was very good, but he couldn’t get away from you at all. It was pretty clear that you were just waiting for the right time to take the lead. Unfortunately, circumstances outside your control were against you this time.
    The most important thing is that you are OK. I’ve gotta tell you, I was flagging in turn 10 with the control tower headset on. I saw you go into turn 11 and lost sight of you after the media building. The control tower started yelling to stop the race immediately. That was the only time all weekend that I heard them get emotional at all. It was friggin scary, because I couldn’t see what had happened, and they wouldn’t say anything over the radio about it. The corner marshall agreed to drive his buggy over and check it out. He said you were up and moving, so I started breathing again.
    Anyway, I know everyone will want to pitch in to help rebuild the bike. Let us know how we can help. If you need a hand with it, I would be willing to drive down some weekend to help out. I’m no expert, but I’ll do what I can.

Hmmmm!

Ditto what everyone else said. You are far from letting anyone down. You were absolutely flying sunday. Very impressive for you first race weekend. Too bad circumstances way beyond your control had to ruin your weekend. Hopefully you can get your bike rebuilt for the next race. But take it easy for a few days and heal up your body. We will be here for you next time!

'04 600RR

Hmmmm!

Gary, man, you were amazing out there!!
    I couldn't believe how fast you were going!!!
    You did your best. You didn't let anyone down. That's racing! Glad you are mostly ok. Take it easy... next time, I smell VICTORY!!!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Hmmmm!

First, you let knowbody down! This is the suck part about racing that makes it racing. Send out a shout when ya get some parts and I am soooo glad to hear you are doing OK.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Hmmmm!

Hey Gary thanks a lot for letting me work on your bike for the benifit of learning the ropes. You were the one I was most comfortable working with this past weekend. I hope you get better and if you need help with your bike just PM me and i'll ride up to your place. BTW great job this weekend. See ya in 3 1/2 weeks.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

Hmmmm!

Hey Gary sounds like a rough break.. but ya got the right attitude... give me a buzz and I'll head over to your place on the way home from work to help ya piece things back together.... you got the digits....