Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Homestead

Homestead

This track is Fucking fun!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Re: Homestead

I've heard that from a few people

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

didnt think too much of it at the ROC. the few curves were decent but 3 back to back straights kinda killed it for me

I dunno, I liked hammering the straights, who doesnt enjoy that now and again? Plus the two turns you take full throttle 6 gear (at least I did). It was quite a change from Loudon, and being this is only the third track Ive ever been on, I really enjoyed it

Zip Tie Alley #505

well yeah compared to loudon. i ran mid atlantic and atlantic last season so after njmp, summit and vir... the turns off the front and back straights were stupid fast

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    This track is Fucking fun!
    Agreed. Plus, they have those beautiful pebbles (I don't know the technical term) in some of the crash zones.

2006 Triumph Speed Triple - Street
    2003 R6 - Track
    2000 SV650 - Street/Track

That's right, back to a 2 cylinder, 3 cylinder, and a 4 cylinder.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

We go there every year, and this is by far my favorite speedway track in the country. Lots of variety and the track flows really well. Turns 1 and 10 are faster than anything we see in the Northeast, and there are a couple big braking zones as well. You've got both increasing and decreasing radius turns, plus a couple switchbacks (one flat and one with some elevation change).

With all this variety, we found that this is one of the best teaching tracks in the country as you can focus on a number of aspects of your riding all in one place. We go in December and February every year - the weather is nice and it's a nice break from the winter. Our school is Friday before the races. Henry Degouw runs a nice event, and the feature race is the Unlimited GP that has 1000cc Superbikes all with NO MUFFLERS.....it's quite a sound to be sure. I was unsure when he first started doing it, but these are the only club races I've ever been to that consistently get 100-200 real spectators who ride in just to watch.

Im hoping to get out with Penguin in the winter. Do you guys get many small bikes involved? SVs and the like?

Zip Tie Alley #505

Well quick little review now that I've had a chance to relax and settle a bit

The Good --
    The track. So much fun, really enjoyed it. It is NOT Loudon. Fun corners, straights to hammer, and two turns you take basically 6th gear FLAAAHHHHTTT OUUTTTTT. The other good thing is there is a good amount of chances to work on my right handers which is always a sore spot for me as far as comfort level and body position is concerned. Also kind of fun to finally run a track with curbing like the big boys, just a new experience. (PS, dont hit the curb in 4 I think it is, its not a good time)
    The facilities. Not QUITE VIR level, but very nice. Plenty of bathrooms, and the garages were incredible. It was over 90 yesterday, but the garages were plenty cool. Very nice breeze coming through, dunno if we got lucky or if its always like that, but I sat around between sessions in my leathers with no fan and was plenty comfortable.
    The TD provider, Florida Trackdays. Did a good job, lots of control riders around, kept things moving well enough. Couple minor delays, but those are unavoidable through the course of the day. One thing I noticed as a paying customer is one time the beginner session was delayed because not enough control riders were waiting to take follow the leader groups out. They had to page control riders a couple times. Not a big deal, but can see how it would be an annoyance to people.
    The advanced group was VERY good to me. No one made any hairy passes on my slow ass, everyone went around with no big deal, the closing speeds were not an issue on my end. Only problems I had we maybe twice a big bike would pass me and absolutely park it in the corner killing my corner speed, but hey, comes with the territory.
    The desmo that was there. That thing is SEXY, looks sexy, sounds sexier. Little disappointed he only took it out once that I saw for about 2 laps, but I still liked it.

The bad --
    My bike. Damn thing was only running on one cylinder all day damn. And when you're in the advanced group with nothing but 600s and 1000s that gets frustrating VERY fast. I hit a GPS verified max speed of 108. Yah... not so nice.
    The people at the event/controlling of them. Not MUCH of a big deal, but there was one jackass riding his little 2 stroke pit bike through the paddock area full speed CONSTANTLY, I'm amazed he wasnt yelled at. Another group brought a sound system and at times had it cranked up so loud I couldnt hear the announcements 3 garages away. I understand its supposed to be fun, but cmon, that was a little ridiculous.
    Lack of community for me. The thing I miss most about Loudon is the fun being there with friends and stuff. I went to this event not knowing anyone, and even Leeza stayed home to work. It just lacked the camaraderie that Loudon always has. Still fun to be on track, but the pits are generally at least 1/2-3/4s of the fun.

Anyway, I loved the day regardless, loved the track, hope to do it again someday. If I knew I was gonna stay in Miami Id just sell the KTM and buy a track bike and ride there every chance I could. If you have the chance to ride Homestead someday, dont pass it up.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

I blew My Hawk up there? But it is a really fun track

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Im hoping to get out with Penguin in the winter. Do you guys get many small bikes involved? SVs and the like?
    Lots of guys down there on those bikes.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL
    I blew My Hawk up there? But it is a really fun track
    that thing had demons

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)