Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Hypocrite of Pedrosa

How Hypocrite of Pedrosa

So little smurf complains about the Honda machine after they built the bike to suit his size and riding style? What the hell.

I guess him and Lorenzo could have swaped rides after all:

"FAST SPANIARD Dani Pedrosa has said he would have liked to have defected to Yamaha, after signing to stay with his current MotoGP employers, Repsol Honda.

Pedrosa told Italia1 television that there were no openings at Yamaha, hence his decision to stay at Honda.

The Spaniard confirmed at this weekend's Misao GP that he would stay with Repsol Honda for another two years, if all worked out to his liking. He also stated that Honda must improve their machinery if he is to fulfil his contract:

"I've given Honda my faith for one more year to see if they can make the bike better," pledged Pedrosa. "Otherwise, after one year without improvement, maybe it'll
    be over."

When asked why he hadn't defected to Yamaha already, the Spaniard replied:

"Simply because there was no room at Yamaha. That would have been good.""

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...2010/8030.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: How Hypocrite of Pedrosa

hmm, why didn't he just telll the truth and say "because I'm not good enough to take a spot from the current yamaha riders" aha

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Riders make these statements to try to ruffle the manufacturers into spending more on the bike. It's all part of the game...

Paul_E_D

well, can't say i blame him. yes honda built the bike for him...... but the bike doesn't perform up to what they promised. he should be pissed. he is a title contender, and if the bike was better all season, he may have had a better shot at it this year.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    hmm, why didn't he just telll the truth and say "because I'm not good enough to take a spot from the current yamaha riders" aha

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post
    well, can't say i blame him. yes honda built the bike for him...... but the bike doesn't perform up to what they promised. he should be pissed. he is a title contender, and if the bike was better all season, he may have had a better shot at it this year.
    No way ur serious. Really? I can recall at least a couple of races this year where he was leading and then crashed? So what happened? His showa suspension wasn't working okay?

Sorry man...but I have to disagree

Honda is getting what it deserves.

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Just to illustrate how much Honda tried to suit Pedrosa...remember last year when Nicky ran a PRG logo on his bike during testing...as an "Puig Racing Corporation"?

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Honda is getting what it deserves.
    Roger that...specifically as Rossi is concerned....they tried to claim that he only won those championships on the Repsol because of his machine. I just think that Pedrosa can only manage to humiliate himself when he comes out saying stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    No way ur serious. Really? I can recall at least a couple of races this year where he was leading and then crashed? So what happened? His showa suspension wasn't working okay?

Sorry man...but I have to disagree
    you're right. he sucks.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

you're right. he sucks.
    No man...he does not suck....he is certainly one of the best riders in the padock...unfortunately I do not think he has not been able to keep up with Rossi and Lorenzo due to his RCV. For one...he is got the best race starts and is real fast. I just don't think he should come out swinging at Honda.

I agree, I don't think the Honda performs anywhere near where the Yamahas are running. He has awesome launches but then it seems like he has to ride the bike past it's own limits to stay out front. Rossi and Lorenzo were right on top of him when he crashed at Indianapolis, that Honda just doesn't hold pace.

Not saying he's amazing, he just has good reason to be pissed. But then again, anyone that's not riding one of those Yamaha's has good reason to be pissed. I think those bikes are considerably quicker, Rossi and Lorenzo are amazing but those bikes fly.

Posting Freak

After that statement its too bad Honda couldn't deep six him and find someone else, everyone is replaceable....

Quote Originally Posted by kb1ioq View Post
    I agree, I don't think the Honda performs anywhere near where the Yamahas are running. He has awesome launches but then it seems like he has to ride the bike past it's own limits to stay out front. Rossi and Lorenzo were right on top of him when he crashed at Indianapolis, that Honda just doesn't hold pace.

Not saying he's amazing, he just has good reason to be pissed. But then again, anyone that's not riding one of those Yamaha's has good reason to be pissed. I think those bikes are considerably quicker, Rossi and Lorenzo are amazing but those bikes fly.
    how can any of us watching say that though? The bike doesn't hold pace? No one can keep the same pace as ricky carmichael or Stewart but it doesn't mean the suzuki and yamaha are the fastest bikes ever. It is quite possible that Pedrosa would crash trying to stay with them on another bike as well...that said I guess it is a safe bet to say the yamaha is better bike (gp)

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    how can any of us watching say that though? The bike doesn't hold pace? No one can keep the same pace as ricky carmichael or Stewart but it doesn't mean the suzuki and yamaha are the fastest bikes ever. It is quite possible that Pedrosa would crash trying to stay with them on another bike as well...that said I guess it is a safe bet to say the yamaha is better bike (gp)
    I can't be certain, but from all the reading and watching I've done this year (and I'm new as a motoGP follower as well) it just seems like the other bikes don't have that extra oomph those two Yamahas do. I don't doubt Lorenzo and Rossi's skill by any means, but I think Pedrosa could be closer if the Honda was at a better mark.

I think the Ducati is really the only bike close to the Yamaha at the moment, but there is no-one currently on track that can ride the wheels off it. Hayden is getting there but he's no Stoner yet...

I can't be certain, but from all the reading and watching I've done this year (and I'm new as a motoGP follower as well) it just seems like the other bikes don't have that extra oomph those two Yamahas do. I don't doubt Lorenzo and Rossi's skill by any means, but I think Pedrosa could be closer if the Honda was at a better mark.

I think the Ducati is really the only bike close to the Yamaha at the moment, but there is no-one currently on track that can ride the wheels off it. Hayden is getting there but he's no Stoner yet...
    es verdad...

....and getting taken out in t1 on the first lap doesnt help Nicki's chances either

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Be Squid, Be Proud bostongixxer's Avatar

Pedrosa is a little jerk.

2020 KTM SMC R
    2006 GSXR-600 Race (LRRS #199)
    NO LIMIT

A lot of the current power differences is due to how much each group detuned their machines to meet the max race engines used in the remaining races count. Some were more conservative than others.

what a little punk Bitch!!

Rossi never had a problem putting the Repsol on the podium over and over and winning those titles.. He's a better rider and builder, after all it's the rider who has the bike built for them. Honda gave Pedrobot what he wanted and now it's up to him to use what he created.

-John

"It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast,.. than to ride a fast bike slow."

07 Husky SM510R

what happened to "it's the rider, not the bike" theory that every racer & trackday goer on nesr & other forums always preach about? even at motogp level i think it still applies. pedrosa is good but rossi is a better rider....period. can pedrosa beat rossi? of course. they all have their "off days" every now & then. what it ultimately comes down to is that pedrosa is just a lil whinny bitch

Its not the bike. the bike is perfectly capable of winning on any given Sunday. Its the rider. Pedrosa just crumbles when he's under pressure from other riders. He says it all the time in post races podium interviews, he just can't keep the pace after he gets passed.

my opinion on pedrobot is....well I just don't like him and never will.
    I guess I am still sour over the Nicky thing

I think Pedrosa is a fine rider but he has the advantage of being a tiny human being. Helps in get flying starts. He may have to override the bike to stay out front early, but part of any rider's challenge is making the bike fast for the entire distance.

And I think it would be hard for Honda to let Pedrosa leave. Repsol is a Spanish company and I'm sure they would give a lot to have a Spanish champion.

I agree, I don't think the Honda performs anywhere near where the Yamahas are running. He has awesome launches but then it seems like he has to ride the bike past it's own limits to stay out front.

who had pole for this race? and by what margin?

I also doubt that Pedrosa actually came up with that quote [cough...Puig...cough]

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Plus Pedrosa is Spanish, all they do is wine or gloat...just like Contador in pro-cycling, I can't stand him either...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast