Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Improving LRRS

Re: Improving LRRS

I used to say that racing was cheaper for track time than trackdays.

I may hold off on the race license until I do some math.

BoMo, have any good deals for disgruntled cheap ex-racers on a budget looking to do 5 trackdays this season?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

25 camping fee. That would help in the gas bill to go to NJMP. They got 4 races. Go MXing too. Anyone want to rent a garage space?

< sigh> Do any of you see garage rental & camping adressed in Wanda's email? No?

getting wound up without having all the facts may be fun but, it's motarded.

Just based on the email. Pre enter 3 races get your armband OR camping with electric and water free.

Further, how many times have races been cancelled. The USM works miracles to get all the races in regardless of major delays by weather, track oiling and medical delays.

" In the name of the Spedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen. "

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    BoMo, have any good deals for disgruntled cheap ex-racers on a budget looking to do 5 trackdays this season?
    Homestead-Miami Speedway is in operation 280 days of the year.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by palanon View Post
    < sigh> Do any of you see garage rental & camping adressed in Wanda's email? No?
    From what I see, is no matter what you're paying 25 dollars a weekend regardless, unless you camp elsewhere. If you dont do 3 races, or cant preenter, you're staring at a 50 dollar bill to get into the track.
    And I would hope she meant if the RIDER cancels a race (So people dont cheat the system) If I pre-entered 3 races, and the track/LRRS cancels one, and I'm expected to still pay, Id be beyond royally pissed.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    From what I see, is no matter what you're paying 25 dollars a weekend regardless, unless you camp elsewhere. If you dont do 3 races, or cant preenter, you're staring at a 50 dollar bill to get into the track.
    And I would hope she meant if the RIDER cancels a race (So people dont cheat the system) If I pre-entered 3 races, and the track/LRRS cancels one, and I'm expected to still pay, Id be beyond royally pissed.
    Especially if they're keeping a $10 cancellation fee on a race THEY cancelled. I can't imagine that's how it's meant, that'd make no sense at all. I assume it's so you can't enter 3, cancel 1 and run the 2 you wanted, skating the gate fee.

Another improvement LRRS needs. COME OUT WITH ACCURATE INFORMATION REGARDING CHANGES IN A CLEAR PUBLIC PLACE. How come anytime a rumor is mentioned, we need to go through 3 weeks of bitching and moaning before someone emails wanda, or BJ or Mike get someone on the horn to clarify said issue?

Zip Tie Alley #505

Any changes to entry fees this year?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Another improvement LRRS needs. COME OUT WITH ACCURATE INFORMATION REGARDING CHANGES IN A CLEAR PUBLIC PLACE. How come anytime a rumor is mentioned, we need to go through 3 weeks of bitching and moaning before someone emails wanda, or BJ or Mike get someone on the horn to clarify said issue?
    I'm kind of surprised nobody from LRRS reads the pit area section of this site and posts stuff here. I don't know the percentage, but a whole lot of the guys that race LRRS seem to be on here, and a lot of info comes from here.

Well, since NJ is now offering quite a few CCS races, we don't have to "put up or shut up".

I love the LRRS community, but like I did last season, when I feel we're getting hosed, I will choose to go spend my $1200 elsewhere that weekend.

I have no problem encouraging other racers to not race as well, if it means we will be heard and treated fairly.

At this time, I'm still waiting to watch how it all unfolds... I think the elctric should be included in $15. If a guy's in a tent and just running a cord to his tire warmers, he shouldn't have to pay $25 - the same as a 60 Ft RV with AC/TV/Hot Shower/Sewage dumping. Give me a break. You can all bitch on a forum, or you can all park at the main gate and hang out on the outside until things are reasonable.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Holy crap I kinda agree with Kitt... what's the world coming to???

These "improvements" are nothing more than the same old BS shuffled around to look different. Give us online reg, NO racers should have to buy a wristband if you're entered in ONE race or more.

As far as electrical... you can always buy a generator and tell them to stuff it.

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    As far as electrical... you can always buy a generator and tell them to stuff it.
    My generator needs to be running 24 hours a day for my alarm clock and radio so I can wake up in time and hear my races announced since the PA doesn't work.

And I'll pull the muffler off.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

BECAUSE ITS THE INTERNET... people would rather type 20 posts bitching about this and that over a two week perioid rather than pick up the phone and call Wanda or email her directly.

Come on guys, the economy is tough for everyone and I sure don't like seeing the fees going up on racing.. but to read a non official forum and freak out and sell your bike and cancel your garage because there is talk of a camping fee is crazy!

Water and Electric ?? how many of you guys have showers in your tents! relax! It might just be a camper fee for guys that have self contained campers and motorhomes? Tenting $ 10.00 or free? who knows.

Lets get ALL the facts before losing out minds !

Rob R.... I understand your upset with the call for action of grassroots advertising but instead of fuming and flaming, why not pick up the phone and call Eric Wood and say... hey.. how about this idea I had for promotion of the cycle shops/dealers... (use your bring two new school guys get 50% off practice example)

The reality is this... we live in the northeast and this is our only close option to race. We need to find away to make it work. Penguin is losing money on alot of weekends. If they say screw it and close the doors and do track days to be profitable, then where do new racers get licensed? With the fallout rate/ turnover rate of this sport..... No new racers = no racing at NHMS.

Bottom line, if any of these rumored or proposed fees affect your racing plans for 2010, go to the source, Wanda Dumas at NHMS.

I dont have the answers, but I sure do want to see it work.

Scott

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

If 25 or 30 Bucks a a race weekend is Gonna blow your Budget, You might have the wrong Hobby.

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    If 25 or 30 Bucks a a race weekend is Gonna blow your Budget, You might have the wrong Hobby.
    $30 more every year adds up. If you have a budget, that is.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Quote Originally Posted by Scottg22 View Post

Scott
    Scott, I agree with you 100%. The fees piss me off a little, but it wouldnt be enough to keep from me from racing.
    But as for getting the facts, thats my point, this all could be nipped in the bud if they could just update one of the websites with all the proper information before it comes to this point. I'm sure Wanda has better things to do than just answer phone calls from 100 racers asking about the gate fees and such of that nature.

But yes, I love bitching on the Internet, its what I do best.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Good post Scott. I don't want to give the wrong impression here... I think that many of the "fees" are reasonable. It's the things that aren't... like online registrations (c'mon, it's 20 freaking 10), that a racer has to pay for a wristband regardless (according to the NHMS VP who spoke, aren't the racers "the show"??), and that the only purses are (no offense) going to go to the same handful of guys who win year after year. THAT doesn't encourage new racers.

Fees for camping are fair, even if you're in a tent it pays to clean the bathrooms and such. Fees for electrical, if you use power from the garage it should be included in the garage fee, not double-dipped.

So long as issues like that are sorted out and it's fair to all, then there are no problems.

I 100% understand the tough economy, but last time I checked... Penguin and LRRS was / are *businesses* not non-profits. They need to evolve with the times like anyone else. Businesses don't (or shouldn't) ask for charity from their CUSTOMERS.

CCS/LRRS #83

Scott, I agree with you 100%. The fees piss me off a little, but it wouldnt be enough to keep from me from racing.
    But as for getting the facts, thats my point, this all could be nipped in the bud if they could just update one of the websites with all the proper information before it comes to this point. I'm sure Wanda has better things to do than just answer phone calls from 100 racers asking about the gate fees and such of that nature.

But yes, I love bitching on the Internet, its what I do best.
    I wasn't pointing at you Richie, it was more of a generalization of the internet and keyboard bitchers!

Your right in the fact that if the management team would updated a forum or a thread with info that would be very helpful. Wanda probably has alot on her plate and there is new management in force now.

My point was lets keep it positive and ask for the facts rather than tee'n off on the rumors.

Last edited by Scottg22; 02-08-10 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    $30 more every weekend adds up. If you have a budget, that is.
    Fixed....Thats the price of a extra weekend X8

Last edited by Rambunctous; 02-08-10 at 12:36 PM.

BECAUSE ITS THE INTERNET... people would rather type 20 posts bitching about this and that over a two week perioid rather than pick up the phone and call Wanda or email her directly.

Come on guys, the economy is tough for everyone and I sure don't like seeing the fees going up on racing.. but to read a non official forum and freak out and sell your bike and cancel your garage because there is talk of a camping fee is crazy!

Water and Electric ?? how many of you guys have showers in your tents! relax! It might just be a camper fee for guys that have self contained campers and motorhomes? Tenting $ 10.00 or free? who knows.

Rob R.... I understand your upset with the call for action of grassroots advertising but instead of fuming and flaming, why not pick up the phone and call Eric Wood and say... hey.. how about this idea I had for promotion of the cycle shops/dealers... (use your bring two new school guys get 50% off practice example)

The reality is this... we live in the northeast and this is our only close option to race. We need to find away to make it work. Penguin is losing money on alot of weekends. If they say screw it and close the doors and do track days to be profitable, then where do new racers get licensed? With the fallout rate/ turnover rate of this sport..... No new racers = no racing at NHMS.

Bottom line, if any of these rumored or proposed fees affect your racing plans for 2010, go to the source, Wanda Dumas at NHMS.

Scott
    Thanks scott, my intentions are not to let anybody "freak out" It started as an informative one for the guys who missed out on the banquet. I didn't have a pen, or take notes - but I think it's important for those that know some new changes are coming, to spread the word in these early stages... I'd rather let people bounce ideas around and be aware of what's being proposed so they CAN call wanda, NHMS, or decide to step aside... We all want to race, it's winter, a lot of panties in a bunch, but also would like to see some positive changes... I can handle fees or some changes that may not seem great, if there are others that work... We need to grow, let people come watch!

You do realize it's winter right? Tee'n off on rumors is what we do best in wintah.

CCS/LRRS #83

http://www.nhms.com/contact/ Wanda is Operations Coordinator.

The Don... lrrsracing@tampabay.rr.com

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I wasn't pointing at you Richie, it was more of a generalization of the internet and keyboard bitchers!

Your right in the fact that if the management team would updated a forum or a thread with info that would be very helpful. Wanda probably has alot on her plate and there is new management in force now.

My point was lets keep it positive and ask for the facts rather than tee'n off on the rumors.

oh speaking of...

I heard you were racing motards only in 2010.

+1 Getting information to the people who spend their money at this sport in a timely fashion shouldn't be that difficult. And as for additional fees, and extra $25 a weekend isn't going to change my race plans for this year; I'm already not going to be racing this year. It may, however, impact my plans for future racing. I understand that this is not a sport for the monetarily challenged, but this IS the northeast. Some of us race on a budget that involves making decisions based on that $25/weekend (or whatever the number is). And as for businesses losing money, well, when the economy hits the shitter and your prices keep going up, you are going to have fewer people involved. This money comes out of people's pockets AFTER all the other bills are paid; when it gets to a certain point you start to wonder why you are spending all this money to have fun a whole 8 weekends a year.

EDIT: sorry about the rambling rant, I got on a roll

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Next up for LRRS 2010:

LRRS Takes a Nod from the AMA and allows both Ducati 1098's and Buell 1025CR's to race in the Production Twins class.

In unrelated news, LRRS announced that the Production Twins class will finally have a purse, now set at $10,000.

Last edited by TheIglu; 02-08-10 at 12:44 PM.
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast