Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Insurance

Cool Insurance

This has been probably asked before, but is there any
    Insurance company out there locally that offers insurance
    For racers at the track. Medical bills can get out of hand if things go wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Re: Insurance

I've never even considered this. Is my normal medical insurance not enough?

Nope I went down last June and screwed up my chest. Walked into the hospital for a ck up and ended up with a bill for $8000. Health insurance paid six and I had to pay the rest.

Banned

My medical insurance doesnt care if i am at the track or not. Doesnt make any difference.

I'm in the same boat as Degsy. My deductible is the same whether I highside while racing or slip and fall on the lawn. I suppose I could pay more for a plan with a lower deductible but where I sit that doesn't make sense. Three years ago I paid out $2,500 and again last year due to injuries. That breaks down to an additional $104 per month. I couldn't decrease my deductible enough for that kind of money to make it economically viable. I set aside the $ for my deductible and consider it a part of life. Not racing but life. Racing just makes it more likely I'm going to have to spend the money.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Lifer

I also got covered after a track mishap. It wasn't racing, but a track day. The only sticky part was the questionnaire I got regarding who they could sue. Coverage, minus my normal deductible, came through.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkler_1 View Post
    Nope I went down last June and screwed up my chest. Walked into the hospital for a ck up and ended up with a bill for $8000. Health insurance paid six and I had to pay the rest.
    Not enough data; nor does it answer the question "Is supplemental health insurance available?" What was your deductible and max out of pocket, and how far along were you to the max?

I have a HDHP, because I virtually never get sick/injured and am single. I broke my ankle last year playing softball - bills were >$50K. I paid nearly $6, since that was my max OOP. The doc asked how the injury happened, but "cause" never appeared on any insurance documents.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle