Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Issues w/ LRRS’s Event and Laptime Manager?

Issues w/ LRRS’s Event and Laptime Manager?

I’ve been noticing some issues with LRRS’s event and laptime manager (https://my.nhms.com/ti/lrrs/index.html) and wanted to see if anybody else was having the same issues.

This past race weekend I noticed that in the MW Superbike the posted race results under “My Results” cut off the lap time for the last lap … only giving me credit for running 7 laps not 8 laps (and no, I didn’t get lapped). I noticed it because my fast lap of the race came on the last lap … so my best lap under “My Results” and “My Laptimes” for MW Superbike don’t match.

However, the results in HW Superbike later that day were fine.

Also….

On 6/17/11 I was credited under “My Laptimes” (thus my transponder) with running 9 laps in SRA Modern Sidecar (with an average laptime of 2:13.685). On 6/18/11 I was also credited with running 16 laps in SRA Modern Sidecar (with an average laptime of 1:55.679). On 6/19/11 I was again credited with running 5 laps in SRA Modern Sidecar (with an average laptime of 1:59.958).

Heck, I didn’t even watch the sidecars let alone pilot one of them. My understanding is that transponder numbers are unique; no two should be the same. I can assure you that my transponder was on my bike the whole time. I’ve emailed and asked LRRS in person about this, but I get nothing in response.

I see there’s a “Delete Selected” button under “My Laptimes.” Has anyone used this option? I’ve been apprehensive to try and delete them without getting an understanding of what went on and why.

Anybody else having issues with the laptime manager?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Re: Issues w/ LRRS’s Event and Laptime Manager?

I've had it show blank lap times in the past, so I wonder what those lap time might have been.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

There have been similar glitches for me, too.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

My laps started getting mislabeled occasionally during the Classic weekend and extra sessions started appearing as well. Round 3, my Friday group 5 practice is labeled as group 6 and Saturday's practice appears in Friday's folder as GTO. Saturday's AM GTL also appears in Friday's folder with the laps I ran and is properly labeled AM GTL. Saturday's practice 5 and AM GTL folders do exist in the Saturday folder, but they don't contain any laps.
    I don't remember going out on the track at all on Sunday, but my laps show 21 laps in a Legends car race. I didn't realize my RS125 was even eligible for that class!

This past weekend, I went out for both group 5 practice sessions on both days. Practice laps for only one session show up in each day's practice 5 folder. Saturday, I raced in AM 125 and the laps show up correctly in the right folder. Laps from Sunday's AM GTL show up twice in Saturday's folder, once as Amateur GTL and also as GTL. Both Amateur GTL and GTL folders exist in Sunday's folder, but they are empty.

Seems like configuration changes that must have been made to accommodate the Classic's schedule has left some bugs in the system.

I'm going to contact the track about this and I'll let them know that I'm not the only one having problems.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

rental transponder? just wondering...

I'm using my own transponder which I bough from the track last fall.

Anyways, I've sent an email to Wanda about this. I'll report back when I get a response.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

I have also seen race results show up in races I never rode in.

I own my transponder which was purchased from a WERA member so I don't think it's anything to do with LRRS-purchased transponders.

Something is definitely wonky with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    I'm going to contact the track about this and I'll let them know that I'm not the only one having problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Anyways, I've sent an email to Wanda about this. I'll report back when I get a response.
    Ha, ha ... I've done this several times. I didn't hear anything back. So I talked to some of the gals at reg this past weekend. Since its already Thurs, I figured my in person inquiry ended up in the same place my emails did.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottg22 View Post
    rental transponder? just wondering...
    I've own my transponder for 4 years now (like Bergs, I purchased mine from a WERA member). So it cannot be anything to do with LRRS-purchased transponders.

I'm glad to see its not just me. I started wondering b/c when I talked to the gals at reg this past weekend they sort of made it sound like I was the only one having issues with the system.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

I noticed that they had mislabeled the dates of the races I did.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Live scoring and timing was unusable this race weekend. Would not update, riders disappearing and reappearing in other races etc. They def had computer glitches of the major kind.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

I never bothered to look into it but yeah I have other times showing up under my transponder occasionally..someone turning mid 30s so its screwing my average lap time! :-p

I know they had problems with the computers this weekend because the system was down when I went to registration and took a few minutes on the phone to get it to even work at all.

the site says under My Laptimes that the GTO on saturday I did 15 laps and it has times. but the GTO was sunday and it lists it there also and says I did 25 laps but doesn't have any of them. I've noticed little issues like this all year. The biggest one I've seen is that I click on race results and it'll have one time for fastest lap but when I click on it to see all the laps there will be a faster one in there. I've even noticed that when looking at other people's laps. Not a big deal because it still shows my career best laptime correctly and I'm guessing avg is correct also.