Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Josh Herrin

Josh Herrin

Herrin Out, Wilairot In At AirAsia Caterham Moto2 Team For Remainder Of 2014 Season

Not surprising but disappointing nevertheless. Let's see if Hayden keeps his ride for next year or there will be no Americans left.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Josh Herrin

Sad state of affairs for americans in motorcycle racing. Hopefully now that AMA is under different management maybe we will see some new blood heading to the world stage in a few years.

And I hate to say, as I am a fan of Hayden I think he will probably lose his ride for next season, although Ayoama is losing his seat I think, so they dont really have any other good options for that team anyways.

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

How much $$ do you make as a Moto2 rider? They are all on contract so I assume Herrin gets bought out of his contract?

Maybe be tries WSBK or BSB????????????

I'd imagine Josh was paying for his ride. To what degree, only he and the team know - we'll never know...

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Wait for it...

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I don't think Josh was paying for his seat. I'm bummed that he struggled so much as to lose the ride.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Bummer. Tough to succeed over there if you don't have the right support system.

Well, the light at the end of the tunnel is that Waine Rainey now owns AMA/Daytona Superbike or whatever its last name is. He is working with FIM do try to get a legit race system going here in our county. It would be nice to see. PJ Jacobsen is still in WSBK right? Last I saw he was a front runner.

My overall doom theory is that our great country is becoming fat, slow and lazy. This and the way we approach motor vehicles of any kind and respect for the sport dwindles. Even splits in the biking ranks cause it. A large percentage of bikers would rather trailer their bike to strange gatherings (like halloween parties) and dress up like old time bikers to get trashed next to the bike than ever ride them.

Most of the fans of racing are other racers. Which makes it a small fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Well, the light at the end of the tunnel is that Waine Rainey now owns AMA/Daytona Superbike or whatever its last name is. He is working with FIM do try to get a legit race system going here in our county. It would be nice to see. PJ Jacobsen is still in WSBK right? Last I saw he was a front runner.

My overall doom theory is that our great country is becoming fat, slow and lazy. This and the way we approach motor vehicles of any kind and respect for the sport dwindles. Even splits in the biking ranks cause it. A large percentage of bikers would rather trailer their bike to strange gatherings (like halloween parties) and dress up like old time bikers to get trashed next to the bike than ever ride them.

Most of the fans of racing are other racers. Which makes it a small fan base.
    I expect a good boost in domestic support in light of the fact that it will be run by a group of people who care about the sport and have intimate knowledge of it. With that being said, a proper campaign should be the first priority to attracting sponsors, advertisers and track owners. Given the popularity of extreme sports, I think marketing to that demo would be a good place to find a fan base.

LRRS#167

Racing just needs the right marketing in my opinion. Look at Europe, I couldn't believe it but every girl at the bar in Italy had a favorite MotoGP rider. and here, hilljacks with giant beer bellies love NASCAR, but it's probably the most boring racing available and those guys would never be able to last through a sprint race, let alone 400-500 laps. It's just marketed well.
    Just like I'd be killed on a AM football field, but love watching football, people who have no business on a road racing bike can love watching road racing.

But the difference in Europe and Asian is that 2 wheelers are huge in the transportation of all people. In Vietnam, bikes outnumber cars 20 to 1. This fosters respect for this conveyance as well as respect for what it takes to ride well & fast.

They also take biking serious enuff to have tiered licensing. (you start on a small bike & work up). They also have lane dicepline on highways where Americans dont.

I agree it needs marketing but you cant market in a way of culture. Kinda the same reason soccer cant take root here. Even soccer moms and their kids dont want to watch it.(!)

The extreme sport idea may work but I shudder to imagine joker laps, jumps and required wheelies during a roadrace. It would be great to even get back to what AMA was when it was still televised. It was some good racing with a good cast of characters.

C'mon Wayne, you can do it!

Was watching some old Moto2 races this weekend and noticed something that frustrated me about how Herrin got dropped.
    His team was comparing his results to his teammates results. Low and behold, that team mate was Johann Zarco.. Two time Moto2 champion and motogp rookie of the year.
    Josh never had a shot in hell

Rule #1 of motorcycle racing: beat your teammate.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.