Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Kids racing (12 and under)

Kids racing (12 and under)

Since it was mentioned in another thread, figured I'd chime in. There is a place where young kids can get pavement or dirt time including instruction if desired right now: Boxshop Speedway in the middle of nowhere Southern Maine. Basically, if they can operate a Honda 50, there is a place for them to ride, and if desired race. It's gotten to the point where there are now lots of kids' classes to give every skill level a place to shine as well as just deal with the sheer numbers of them safely. (I swear, eventually the adults will be the ones looking around desperately for a place to ride as the kids will out number us and take over.)

If you're curious, there are a few ways to get more info:
    - Info about the track, and practice days is posted at http://boxshopspeedway.com/
    - Info about school days and the local race series is posted at http://nemmracing.com/
    - There is a NEMM / NHF SM School private group on FaceBook that is a good general hangout, but monitor the websites for official schedules/etc.

Schools tend to fill quickly, when there is a school there will generally be open practice that afternoon as well. Usually schools will be right before a race event too so you get an excuse to camp out for a weekend if you enjoy that too.

Kids racing (12 and under)-kidsgrid-jpg

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kurlon; 09-17-19 at 07:10 PM.

Re: Kids racing (12 and under)

All the kids named in that other thread except Eli and Ducette's son raced at boxshop before going to loudon... and it shows.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

This is one that I want to get Liam involved in. Its too bad its not closer to us. 3+ hours is a long haul for a day trip so I don't expect we'll be coming up until I get a proper track/camping trailer setup again. The kiddo is physically ready now, he's showing excellent control on his balance bike. I don't think he's mentally ready yet. Still in the 3-year-old phase of not wanting to take any direction, doing everything his own way, pushing every single boundary. He's showing signs of coming through that, I expect by next spring I'll have a tiny human I can reason with. I have a few acres so my plan is to get him on a dirt bike next year and work with him in the yard, good chance by the following season we'll be ready to come up and play.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

really cool to see more of this stuff popping up ... we've been wanting to hit Hemonds MX for their Monday night kids classes.

Beta 200RR

It's also really cool to see packs of kids playing and riding together, suddenly the whole group starts progressing far more rapidly than any one of them by themselves.

(Also, just like adults, when packed together and waiting to go on track, if one of them blips their throttle... they ALL start revving. )

much better than them sitting at home playing video games all day. nothing against video games but some kids have no interest anymore in the outdoors things.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

I'm grateful that Boxshop is up there doing what they do. The more places that we have like this the better!