Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Kinda sad competition in Moto America

Re: Kinda sad competition in Moto America

Oh i think it was great that they ran ma. The schedule thing is tough. Motogp shouldn't change their for the locals

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I'm glad you responded because I wasn't going to sit and explain the 7 seconds in racing and what it means and the technicalities of the track.

Also after the comment that MA racing is superior to GP I have nothing else to discuss on that topic. I respect the persons opinion but clearly the disconnect is massive and there's no point to keep that dialogue going.

You don't have to explain anything about racing to me. If you don't think from a fans perspective that racing where there are actually battles and passes for the win/position well beyond the 2nd lap then that's fine, MotoGP is probably superior racing to you. I have no disconnect on racing, I've likely been a fan for much longer than you. And yes, I've ridden/raced at NHMS too so you don't have to play that card either.

Edit - I love MotoGP. I really do, but it is not the BEST racing series. It is regarded as the 'pinnacle' of motorcycle racing, but far from the best racing to watch.

Last edited by gixxer72; 04-11-16 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    30 off marquez? So 2:34?
    No, off the 600 supersports. 2:48 is my best.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Just for fun:

2016 COTA
    Race - Fastest lap, slowest rider's fastest lap, total spread
    MotoGP - 2:04.682, 2:07.208, 2.526
    Moto2 - 2:09.994, 2.12.864, 2.870
    Moto3 - 2:16.842, 2:21.728, 4.886
    SBK R1 - 2:10.828, 2:19.840, 9.012
    SBK R2 - 2:09.456, 2:18.256, 8.800
    SSTK R1 - 2:11.753, 2:19.552, 7.799
    SSTK R2 - 2:10.507, 2:18.979, 8.472
    SS - 2:12.616, 2:24.376, 11.76

I didn't get to see MA but I did watch all three MotoGP races. GP was boring other than crazy crashes. Moto2 had some good fights, Moto3 had a run away with lots of dogfighting a few places back.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

That's a terrible idea. Imagine having to delay Moto gp because Moto America oiled the track. Fuck that. They are lucky they are even allowed to race with GP the same weekend on the same track.
    thats a bullshit perception. AMA used to run same weekend as WSBK, and they would go on first. motogp is the headliner, they should go out last.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Basic marketing would say that the big show always runs last. That way you keep the fans in the stands and concessions for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post

Edit - I love MotoGP. I really do, but it is not the BEST racing series. It is regarded as the 'pinnacle' of motorcycle racing, but far from the best racing to watch.
    F1 is the pinnacle of car racing but id much rather watch V8 supercars or touring cars. far better racing. moto gp can be boring. i love SX, but i will admit that at times it can be boring but typically its not.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    You don't have to explain anything about racing to me. If you don't think from a fans perspective that racing where there are actually battles and passes for the win/position well beyond the 2nd lap then that's fine, MotoGP is probably superior racing to you. I have no disconnect on racing, I've likely been a fan for much longer than you. And yes, I've ridden/raced at NHMS too so you don't have to play that card either.

I didn't imply disconnect between you and racing but within our communication.
    I don't think I know more about racing than you neither I care which one of us is better racer (I don't think iv ever told anyone I'm a racer lol).

There has been minimal talent that came from USA towards international racing. Most of us (you included) seem to comprehend the reasons behind that.

I as well hope MA becomes what you described. But the truth is it is not right now. And yes this COTA weekend was boring but don't tell me that MA is intense racing because they battled for 2nd place. This whole thing started based on the lack of entries and lack of talent (comparing to international).

As far as fans go, I mean you can tell that even Americans don't stick around to watch MA. Most of us don't even know more than 2-3 racers in the series. Most of us don't even know when MA is racing. These aren't opinions, these are facts.

If you want to see lots of passes and competitiveness any ccs weekend in any class can offer you that. But you don't see our grandstands filled and cable begging us for coverage.

Motogp may have weekends that it is not the best racing to watch. But these are the fastest riders in the world and it is very hard to become one. Plain and simple.

As far as fans go, I mean you can tell that even Americans don't stick around to watch MA. Most of us don't even know more than 2-3 racers in the series. Most of us don't even know when MA is racing. These aren't opinions, these are facts.
    To be fair, a good amount of people didn't even stick around once a certain someone crashed. I was stunned how many left.
    And I didn't stick around after MotoGP on Sunday. 3 days in the texas sun was enough for me (for those that saw my facebook post can guess). I would've loved to see them, but Id just had enough. Though, it took me an hour to get out of the parking lot, I wish I would've stayed and watched.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    No, off the 600 supersports. 2:48 is my best.
    Ah, makes sense. If you were 30 seconds of marquez I was gonna say, you fast...

Paul_E_D

So, we get it, racing in the US sucks. What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    F1 is the pinnacle of car racing but id much rather watch V8 supercars or touring cars. far better racing. moto gp can be boring. i love SX, but i will admit that at times it can be boring but typically its not.
    In my previous life I raced cars; I was in a support race for the V8 Supercars one year (2002?). We were the race before the V8 race, not left to the end of the day like a red-headed step-child.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Ah, makes sense. If you were 30 seconds of marquez I was gonna say, you fast...
    Hey, look at the bright side, 14 seconds more and Ill be 30 seconds off Marquez.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    So, we get it, racing in the US sucks. What are you doing about it?
    if i had the answer on how to fix it, i wouldnt be on forums discussing this.
    My current part is watching and staying up to date as much as I can. I constantly talk about it with everyone I meet, I try to get people involved, from people who barely know what a motorcycle looks like to Track Day riders.
    Can i do more? yes probably. But at the same time I am not there yet, I can ensure you though I am taking the proper steps and trying to get there eventually.

I didn't imply disconnect between you and racing but within our communication.
    I don't think I know more about racing than you neither I care which one of us is better racer (I don't think iv ever told anyone I'm a racer lol).

There has been minimal talent that came from USA towards international racing. Most of us (you included) seem to comprehend the reasons behind that.

I as well hope MA becomes what you described. But the truth is it is not right now. And yes this COTA weekend was boring but don't tell me that MA is intense racing because they battled for 2nd place. This whole thing started based on the lack of entries and lack of talent (comparing to international).

If you want to see lots of passes and competitiveness any ccs weekend in any class can offer you that. But you don't see our grandstands filled and cable begging us for coverage.

Motogp may have weekends that it is not the best racing to watch. But these are the fastest riders in the world and it is very hard to become one. Plain and simple.
    OK, I misinterpreted your post, my apologies.

There has been epic talent from the US that went on to international motorcycle racing. That fact that there hasn't been more in recent years is, in my opinion, primarily due to AMA and DMG completely fucking the domestic series, and that the economy has been in the shitter for most of a decade. I'm sure it is a fact that you and many others don't know more than 2-3 racers in MotoA, but don't label everyone else with that. I'm not sure I understand your point on CCS and how GP riders are the fastest in the world - but I think it makes my point = MotoGP is pretty fucking boring most of the time, in spite of having the best riders. Watching MM or JL or whoever just run away and put in 20 practice laps sucks. Any given CCS race could be more exciting than an average GP race, is that the way it should be??

MotoGP riders are arguably the fastest in the world, and it is very hard to become one. I agree with that. But, apparently that doesn't mean shit when it comes to the quality of racing. As I said previously, I love MotoGP, and really all motorcycle racing. Shitting on MotoA, and claiming a lack of talent, etc just doesn't sit well with me. Lack of sponsors, coverage, etc have reduced the series to rubble - but it has the immediate potential to be great again with proper support. As a club racer and hopeful TT novice I would have thought you'd be fully behind the series, but, to each his own! I'm happy to agree to disagree on this one.

I am 100% behind the series. And the reason why my OP was even posted was because of anger.
    I hate that the BSB 600 class has 50+ entries and the US one has 5-10.
    I hate that winning MA means nothing really.
    I want to see our guys be more respected, I want to see big sponsors and big names involved.

This was more of a how we fix MA rather than shit on MA post, at least those were the intentions behind it, my apologies as well of it came off the opposite.

I have a lot of hopes in the KTM series and I truly appreciate their efforts and investments on MA, we need more of that, way more of that.

I am 100% behind the series. And the reason why my OP was even posted was because of anger.
    I hate that the BSB 600 class has 50+ entries and the US one has 5-10.
    I hate that winning MA means nothing really.
    I want to see our guys be more respected, I want to see big sponsors and big names involved.

This was more of a how we fix MA rather than shit on MA post, at least those were the intentions behind it, my apologies as well of it came off the opposite.

I have a lot of hopes in the KTM series and I truly appreciate their efforts and investments on MA, we need more of that, way more of that.
    Got it! We are on the same page. BeIn had great coverage, that's critical. I have high hopes for the series!

DMG fucked the series. MotoAmerica is starting to make it relevant again. Its going to take time.
    Also, the economy fucking sucks. There is no money around, a lot of racers don't have the funds to do it. Plus comparing the US to BSB is a little crazy just in sheer size. It takes ~14 hours to drive from the southern-most part of England to the Northernmost point of Scotland. It takes 30 to get from Boston to Austin, that's a lot of extra time off work and money (reason Shane said he didn't come to Texas). Let alone getting all over the country multiple times. I bet that holds entries down a LOT.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Hey, look at the bright side, 14 seconds more and Ill be 30 seconds off Marquez.
    your halfway to being no where near it

DMG fucked the series. MotoAmerica is starting to make it relevant again. Its going to take time.
    Also, the economy fucking sucks. There is no money around, a lot of racers don't have the funds to do it. Plus comparing the US to BSB is a little crazy just in sheer size. It takes ~14 hours to drive from the southern-most part of England to the Northernmost point of Scotland. It takes 30 to get from Boston to Austin, that's a lot of extra time off work and money (reason Shane said he didn't come to Texas). Let alone getting all over the country multiple times. I bet that holds entries down a LOT.
    I agree. Trust me iv done the math. It's not pretty.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    your halfway to being no where near it
    But he's still closer than you

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    But he's still closer than you
    negatron...im at least no where near it.

Last edited by SVRACER01; 04-11-16 at 03:35 PM.

I agree. Trust me iv done the math. It's not pretty.
    Don't forget the motorcycle culture is simply different. Go to a random bike meet on a Wednesday night here and you might see half a dozen to a couple dozen bikes.. go in England and you'll see literally hundreds.

I only caught part of the race. What was it labeled on the identifier? I couldn't find it and I only got it since it was after motogp and I record it with an hour extra.

I think having Gregg White involved at all let alone attempting to commentate, it makes the chances of Motoamerica have even less chance to succeed.

A couple of things.

MA Supersport and MA Superbike round 1 were the day before the MotoGP; only MA Superbike round 2 was afterward.
    I did stay for it; it was a good race.

... Paying attention to results from COTA so far reached a sad conclusion.

12 Racers will start at the grid for the Supersport class.
    5 of them are wild cards. Which shows only 7 Supersport racers for this year.
    the time difference are extreme with only the top 4 within a second and the rest falling behind.

This is the "premier" racing championship in the USA and it is honestly not nearly as exciting as club racing (from the competition aspect). ...
    Yes, the Supersport race was low on entries, but the Superbike races had 34 bikes on the grid, with many recognizable names and a high level of talent, and both rounds were good races. Well worth watching.

I agree with some that the MotoGP should be the last event.

Back in the '80's, Americans dominated GP for quite a while. Now there isn't even an American on the grid. That is all about having (or not having) a good functional national series.

PhilB

Last edited by PhilB; 04-12-16 at 04:54 PM.
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast