Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

kitt's race cliff notes

kitt's race cliff notes

i can't read all those 6+ paragraph write-ups of people talking about getting bikes ready, etc... We all do that... get to the good stuff (I do like hearing about close battles).

got a PB of 1:18:2, got a 9th first weekend as an expert... was NOT dead last 3 of the 4 races.

For those who like a read...

Practice - working on practicing faster (used to practice in the 23's and run 19's... now practicing 20's... front end was bottoming out, mike helped me make changes (thanks again mike for being available even for us slow guys).

1. Expert MW supersport - a bit intimidated, starting near the back, and on the inside (doh). Original start wasn't too good, I have a bad habit of braking in the amateur braking zones on lap 1, turn 1... combine that with starting on the inside = horrible start. On the 1st restart, I came around T1, lined up to hit carter's bike, didn't realize jamie was the guy going through the grass... cameout on the back straight 8th or so - another red flag. Final restart, I was weak... launch hard and hang, but get super conservative as the guys come down from the wall and push their way in front of me. Had fun playing with Arcy for a few laps, then a lap or two after getting around him, he had to pit out... set a personal best of 1:18:2 and ran all 18's and 19's... 11/15

2. Expert MW grand prix - even more intimidated after havign a close call with carter's bike in the first heat... get a good launch, then back off and roll into one in dead last... stay there as chris watt and I played around the whole race... learned a lesson about needing to work on my passing as I ran identical lap times as chris each lap, just following around the track. ran 1:18:8 16/16

3. Expert MW superbike - tried to hold my ground a little bit more in t1, ended up in front of a few guys... I was chasing Arcy until he had a little bar slapper in T10, and was able to jump by him. rear end was walking out a ton in t9, t1, and the bowl... combo of tires and rear shock probably... mike makes an adjustment to preload. 19/22

4. Expert HW supersport - wrapping up the weekend, rear shock adjustment could be a little too far, sliding out later in the turns now, chris' turn to follow me around, jumped in front of him on the start and he followed me around for 8 laps... 9/12 - first 4 points as an expert!

Next weekends goals: 17.5 or better lap (this is all I want for my birthday)... no laps over 1:19.5... Going to drop 5-10 lbs of bodyweight and make friday practice again. Lets pray for some good weather, huh?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: kitt's race cliff notes

Sweet man, way to go. Plus the read was nice and easy, I like that, cause Im lazy

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Hey, look, every time I came off the track this weekend I felt like I was 30 years old going on to 12. If it wasn't for the fact that others had stuff to accomplish that weekend, I would have driven everyone batty by spending every spare breath gushing about how awesome the race I just got back from was. I didn't, I saved you all the pain, in return you're going to have to put up with me dumping in a thread instead. Deal, or I'll, umm... write longer replies damn it!

By the way, you looked great out there, congrats on the bump and the strong showing once you settled in.

nice man...I had a good time watching you and Chris training around the course. You guys looked good out there

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Going to drop 5-10 lbs of bodyweight and make friday practice again.
    how the eff are you going to lose 5-10 lbs of bodyweight in 3 weeks? 5 i can see, but 10 might be a bit extreme for health

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    how the eff are you going to lose 5-10 lbs of bodyweight in 3 weeks? 5 i can see, but 10 might be a bit extreme for health
    all he has to do is stop eating hamburgers in between each race - i love my curvacious teammate though, every last inch of him...

Nice work KITT!!

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    4 weeks... and I've lost 5 in a week, let alone 2.5 lbs per week.

been biking to and from the gym and working out everyday since the race weekend... problem is, my muscles are retaining some water so although I may be losing fat this first week, I don't see the weight dropping yet. If I am not down 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks I will go to a strictly cardio workout.

p.s. my milkshake brings denno to the yard

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

damn right, its better than yours

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvvYrTxkNC0&feature=related

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

4 weeks... and I've lost 5 in a week, let alone 2.5 lbs per week.

been biking to and from the gym and working out everyday since the race weekend... problem is, my muscles are retaining some water so although I may be losing fat this first week, I don't see the weight dropping yet. If I am not down 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks I will go to a strictly cardio workout.

watching what you eat and a good cardio work out, there is no reason you can't lose the weight your talking about.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    watching what you eat and a good cardio work out, there is no reason you can't lose the weight your talking about.
    ..not when you have plenty to lose... im probably at about 16-18% b.f. right now.