Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

KTM 350 SX-f reviews wanted

KTM 350 SX-f reviews wanted

I understand this is going to be very limited on this forum, but I'm hoping a handful of you guys have had the chance to ride a 350.. I am most likely going to keep dirt a recreational thing and save race monies for asphalt, so the 350 is looking more and more attractive. My biggest concern is the steel frame, as I (think) I have grown accustomed to stiffer alum. frames. Would love to have a bit more grunt in something as agile as my 250's. As for 450's, I would be looking at FI KX or YZ.

Please post up with your 350 experiences!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: KTM 350 SX-f reviews wanted

I rode the XC-W. I loved the motor. The handling was sharp. These bkes are quirky though. I would try before you buy.

Paul_E_D

My buddies got one, used it last season and wants to get rid of it now. Loved it at first and then started not liking it at all. Then shit started braking left and right fuel pump died, shock broke in half, and some other little odds and ends. He ended up picking up an rmz to finish the season on. I havent ridden it so I cant say first hand, but he couldnt get the bike to work right for him.

"When there's a gap you either commit yourself as a professional racing driver that is designed to win races or you come second or you come third or come fifth, and I'm not designed to come third, fourth, or fifth. I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver."
    Ayrton Senna

I bought a leftover 2011 last spring. Love it. Handles great, brakes are unreal. Suspension is pretty good, I think the front may be sprung a little light but I am going to call Factory Connection to see what they recommend. Motor makes sneaky power. As a race bike, it is competitive. A friend of mine finished top 5 in the 450 B class at the big weekend race at Hemonds with it when his YZ 450 had problems. So far I have had zero issues (knock on wood). Once the snow goes away you're welcome to try mine. Feel free to ask away with any questions.

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Lifer

Gee - I really hope that they are pretty nice, as I am seriously considering a brand new 350 EXC. I know that the EXC is significantly different than the SXF, but still, I am pretty sure that they share at least some technology. Is the SXF a 5 speed? Are all of the SXF models (over 250cc) 5 speeds? IIRC, the old 520 SXF used to be a 4 speed.

Hey Kitt,

I don't have a ton of personal experience with one, but three of the guys I ride with all had 2011 350 SX-Fs. All of them loved the bike. Definitely plenty of power, but I would say it rode more like a slighty heavier 250 than a light 450. One of the guys raced it and had no problem being competitive in the 450 class. If you want more of a direct review I can put you in touch with Kris... he had one for a season and he's an old NETRA champ, so he knows his stuff. Let me know.

LRRS #313

Does this mean this is the comeback year for you?

LRRS #387

Kitt my buddy grivers has one hit him up on FB. He def loves it

LRRS Expert #99
    08 R6

"why tip-toe through life to arrive safely at death?" Tony Campol

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    To quote PK, I "went in too hot and ran out of talent".

First off, thanks for all the responses... I don't want to get into a problematic bike, which is why I'm consider getting my first NEW dirtbike ever... I tend to over maintain, and have had good reliability with my jap stuff even though I get a lot of seat time... I am hearing all the feedback, happy to hear more details & hoping BlackSquirrel will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by WinVT View Post
    Hey Kitt,

I don't have a ton of personal experience with one, but three of the guys I ride with all had 2011 350 SX-Fs. All of them loved the bike. Definitely plenty of power, but I would say it rode more like a slighty heavier 250 than a light 450. One of the guys raced it and had no problem being competitive in the 450 class. If you want more of a direct review I can put you in touch with Kris... he had one for a season and he's an old NETRA champ, so he knows his stuff. Let me know.
    Awesome... I have a couple possible buyers for my 250F, so I may or may not be replacing before riding season - but it'd be great to get in touch with those guys (soonish) and also rip some motos down here with you all come spring. I have storage space for regular rides, and there's a handful of guys who come down from that area to carpool with. This year we are splitting the mile loop into 2 smaller loops (and leaving the full loop as an option). One loop will be bigger air & rythm, not quite supercross though - the other loop more technical and mx style.

just realized this was in the wrong area... feel free to move it to dirt