Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LRRS / NEMRR Super Street Class racing

LRRS / NEMRR Super Street Class racing

Hi All, I am surprised not to see any chatter here about Super Street. Many interested? I am in for the 1st couple of rounds to see where it goes. I just picked up a 15 Aprilia RSV4, primarily it was for faster track like Club Motorsports where my Hyper was woefully inadequate in both the front straight and fast corner exits. The new Super Street class is interesting. I jut posted here looking for second set of wheels for rains on the Hyper so that I can ride safely if wet. I just had Q4's put on the Aprilia which are reportedly NG for wet. Looking forward to this yr, I already booked Tamworth with GIG Motorsports May24 and will show up for the couple races each Sat at Loudon starting May 1. Its been a dozen yrs since I crashed my way out of Novice racing, what could go wrong @ 55 yrs old??! Just need to paint it white like my others..

LRRS / NEMRR Super Street Class racing-20210213_132613-jpg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: LRRS / NEMRR Super Street Class racing

The Super street class should be a easy going class? I say that and I am sure once the adrenaline gets pumping things will get racy quickly... That being said its suppose to be a way to get your feet wet. I like it as a intro step into the sport... hope its well attended... keep your bike black!! add some red and green.. and good luck.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Most of us in this section already race, so not surprised of lack of chatter.

Seems like the program Penguin has been running at Cannan, has brought more people into the sport, so I imagine it will do the same thing at Loudon.

Also, maybe a different way to oil the track down before a race instead of the legend cars. Lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

I'm more excited about the youth program Penguin is doing. Jersey has turned out some real talent in the last decade, so nice to see us northeasterners do the same.

Kids will revive the sport better than a 50 year old with a mid life crisis.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

As long as there dads/moms keep paying for it... I like the new crop of kids, some real fast and good people overall.. its the 20 and 30 somethings that need to stay involved for the sport to stay strong... and i think this new class will help with that.. us old guys/gals that are still racing have seen a lot of people come and go...

Last edited by MUZ720; 02-21-21 at 12:28 PM.

I do hope they at least make these guys swap out thier antifreeze and run case covers and belly pans? I can see guys get excited and more likely to toss it down the road and grease the track.

TTD will be a licensing partner in this class, as well as offering instruction and support for our customers at the NEMMR events. More info to come.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

I didn't think they were requiring no antifreeze or oil plug safety wire, but maybe I'm wrong. It's trackday guys.

LRRS/CCS #66

Correct. No antifreeze regs. They have already been doing this successfully, and don't forsee issues.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Paul_E_D

Under track day type of day I can agree with that but I think we can all agree that when most of us (myself included) had our first race experience the blood really started pumping and the nerves can take hold. I have seen plenty of crazy situations happen during the rookie race or the mock race from Friday. I just think under a race situation, even a "for fun" race people can get aggressive and nerves can still end up in mistakes. I think the risk of crashing during a mock race is can be as high as an actual race and should be regulated closer to race regs then track day regs.

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Eh, most kids cant afford a full race season. Old guys like me with expendable income, can. So get used to seeing gray hair.

Thanks for the reminder, I will drain the AF,

No disrespect. I'm old and a late in life racer. There is definitely plenty of grey hair in the pits at Loudon, too.

Just saying the whole motorcycle industry has been dying in the states and especially the racing industry here. Middle age track day riders getting into club racing isn't going to help that.

Not trying to discourage you from doing it and it's great to get more racers on the grid at Loudon. Just saying, I'm more excited about the kids we've been getting from boxshop and turning into motoamerica stars, more.

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    Eh, most kids cant afford a full race season. Old guys like me with expendable income, can. So get used to seeing gray hair.

Thanks for the reminder, I will drain the AF,
    Look into Evans cooling. It doesn't freeze like water and isn't slippery. It's Loudon approved, too. Maybe consider drilling and wiring your oil fill and drain and oil filter too.

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    No disrespect. I'm old and a late in life racer. There is definitely plenty of grey hair in the pits at Loudon, too.

Just saying the whole motorcycle industry has been dying in the states and especially the racing industry here. Middle age track day riders getting into club racing isn't going to help that.

Not trying to discourage you from doing it and it's great to get more racers on the grid at Loudon. Just saying, I'm more excited about the kids we've been getting from boxshop and turning into motoamerica stars, more.
    Club racing needs both. There are not enough families who will pour money into their kid like this. No doubt it is fun to watch the kids and root them on, but we also need paying regulars to make up the grids, and frankly, a bunch of fast old guys keeps the kids honest.

Paul_E_D