Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 148

LRRS racing website?

  1. #76
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,687

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by Honclfibr
    WTF is a software engineer? Because I'm pretty sure I am one too, but that's just a title I gave myself. I'm also president and chief technology officer of my own company, HonCorp. We design advanced synergy. And we're better than you.
    I specialize in synergy, with a masters in thinking outside the box, I did my undergrad work in moving forward toward closure and pulling the trigger on paradigms.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  2. #77

    LRRS racing website?

    Here's a simple idea--how about they just use the pre-reg system that CCS uses.

    Loudon is CCS, right? Every other CCS region is pre-reg'able through the CCS website.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adam
    http://www.webcrush.com

    AMA FX#60 SBK#160
    WERA #60


  3. #78
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,844

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by hessogood
    I specialize in synergy, with a masters in thinking outside the box, I did my undergrad work in moving forward toward closure and pulling the trigger on paradigms.
    HonCorp has been looking for such a master of industry as yourself. We'd like you to come in for an interview for the position of Chief Bullsh...err, Buzzword Officer. I'm sure you'll find our offer most generous; we're prepared to offer 4 billion shares in HonCorp stock options for the right candidate.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #79
    Work U HBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,624

    LRRS racing website?

    HBerry Inc specializes in Franklin Covey training and Covey brand sales

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

    LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

  5. #80
    Work U HBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,624

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by HBerry
    HBerry Inc specializes in Franklin Covey training and Covey brand sales

    This includes but is not limited to:

    Habit 1: Be Proactive®
    Take responsibility for your life.

    Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind®
    Define your mission and goals in life.

    Habit 3: Put First Things First®
    Prioritize and do the most important things first.

    Habit 4: Think Win-Win®
    Have an "everyone-can-win" attitude.

    Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood®
    Listen to people sincerely.

    Habit 6: Synergize®
    Work together to achieve more.

    Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw®
    Renew yourself regularly.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

    LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

  6. #81
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,844

    LRRS racing website?

    Habit 8: Trademark everything®
    That's hot.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #82
    Lifer nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Portland Maine
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,238

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by Honclfibr
    WTF is a software engineer? Because I'm pretty sure I am one too, but that's just a title I gave myself. I'm also president and chief technology officer of my own company, HonCorp. We design advanced synergy. And we're better than you.
    Not sure what it means for your company, but here i just design games for the lottery

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS4
    Adobe Certified Professional, Flash CS4

  8. #83
    Work U HBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,624

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by nefarious
    Not sure what it means for your company, but here i just design games for the lottery
    Do you have an engineering degree?

    To start another debate, America is about the only place you can get an engineering title without having an engineering degree. If you went to Europe and started saying you were an engineer without the degree you would be laughed out of the conversation.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

    LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

  9. #84
    Lifer nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Portland Maine
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,238

    LRRS racing website?

    and in america degrees are handed out when the check is signed... do i have one, no, been to busy getting paid to worry about it.. may it hold me back from advancing.. sure, but when i hit that crossroads ill deal with it.

    imo degrees are overated especially in ever changing field.

    but then again your just a young green student and sound a lot like my x girlfriend whos about to get her masters, just to work at a resturant in bristol....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS4
    Adobe Certified Professional, Flash CS4

  10. #85
    Work U HBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,624

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by nefarious
    and in america degrees are handed out when the check is signed... do i have one, no, been to busy getting paid to worry about it.. may it hold me back from advancing.. sure, but when i hit that crossroads ill deal with it.

    imo degrees are overated especially in ever changing field.
    Just a question and another topic for debate. I was an 'engineer' at one point and I was a freshmen in college

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

    LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

  11. #86
    Lifer nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Portland Maine
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,238

    LRRS racing website?

    i know its just a question, and im not taking any offense.

    only degree that may help me in happiness, and advancment is a BFA

    but im good for now

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS4
    Adobe Certified Professional, Flash CS4

  12. #87
    Senior Member Rick Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    dover nh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    452

    LRRS racing website?

    I have a B.S. in Mickey mouse engineering. Give me some duct tape and a BFH and i'll build you whatever you want

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

    Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!

  13. #88
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,844

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by HBerry
    Do you have an engineering degree?

    To start another debate, America is about the only place you can get an engineering title without having an engineering degree. If you went to Europe and started saying you were an engineer without the degree you would be laughed out of the conversation.
    In the U.S. you cannot use the word "engineer" in a legal sense unless you have a PE certification. Our consulting company technically has an "illegal" name since we have the word engineer in the title but neither my father nor I is a PE. Though we both have degrees.

    Very few degreed electrical or computer engineers get their PE certification as it means almost nothing in the industry. I'm told this is not true for other areas though, notably Civil, where being a PE is often a requirement.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #89
    Lifer nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Portland Maine
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,238

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by Honclfibr
    In the U.S. you cannot use the word "engineer" in a legal sense unless you have a PE certification. Our consulting company technically has an "illegal" name since we have the word engineer in the title but neither my father nor I is a PE. Though we both have degrees.

    Very few degreed electrical or computer engineers get their PE certification as it means almost nothing in the industry. I'm told this is not true for other areas though, notably Civil, where being a PE is often a requirement.

    thats not accurate
    http://www.graduatingengineer.com/ar...e/11-2-99.html

    taken from elsewhere

    PS: I believe that the "engineer" word is permitted internally within companies as part of a job title. You just can't use the title externally and publicly unless the company has P.E.'s on staff.

    and please do tell.. which exam should i take to fix this dilemma

    Ag Agricultural PE
    Chem Chemical PE
    Civ Civil PE
    ConSys Control Systems PE
    Elec Electrical PE
    Env Environmental PE
    Fire Fire Protection PE
    Geo Geological PE
    Ind Industrial PE
    Manf Manufacturing PE
    Mech Mechanical PE
    Met Metallurgical PE
    Min/Min Mining & Mineral PE
    Naval Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering PE (aka Ship Design)
    Nuc Nuclear PE
    Pet Petroleum PE
    Ship Ship Design (aka Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering) PE

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by nefarious; 05-05-06 at 01:49 PM.
    Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS4
    Adobe Certified Professional, Flash CS4

  15. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    15,160

    Just a heads-up

    You're all wasting your time. LRRS will never adopt anything you offer them with regards to simplifying or bettering the system up there.

    typical conversation:

    Newbie racer: "Hey, we could improve blah blah blah by doing blah blah blah."

    LRRS rep or BJ Worsham will them chime in and stomp all over newbie racer and tell him not to ask for changes but to bring something of substance to the table. After all, this is a club and the members are all important in a club.*

    * LRRS officials (and BJ Worsham) will call it a club when it suits them, then call it a business when it suits them. It's status changes daily, sometimes many times a day.

    Newbie racer: "OK, I'll design a website with a database for registration and present it to you"

    2 weeks go by and newbie racer presents his newe website with all the bells and whistles needed for LRRS to operate in a professional manner.

    LRRS rep or BJ Worsham: "Nah, thanks but we don't want any changes"

    repeat several times a year for eternity.




    Bottom line is, don't even try to change the system there. You are wasting everybody's time and energy. Just go along with the archaic system they use and learn the short cuts to make it a little more bearable.


    Oh, another thing. I hope all the new racers are happy with getting plenty of practice time. You'll quickly realise that the experts are going so damn fast in practice (close to the speed of light) that they can actually stretch time. 20 minutes of novice practice generally lasts about 60% of the time a 20 minute expert practice does. I have complained about this before and even timed practice sessions with a witness. I was told that I was making lies up and that I was totally wrong. Check for yourselves and you will discover the truth.

    derek

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #91
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,844

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by nefarious
    and please do tell.. which exam should i take to fix this dilemma
    If you wanted a PE certification, you would take the EE exam, as EE is the basis for computing sciences. Not that it really matters, PE exams are very broad in scope, the idea being that you're an engineer first, a specialist second. There will be lots of general physics/chemistry/calculus problems on there. Most engineers who want one take it right out of school, when the general math&science knowledge is still fresh. I doubt I could pass a PE exam right now without some serious study. Fortunately, I doubt I'll ever need to.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #92
    Lifer nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Portland Maine
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,238

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by Honclfibr
    If you wanted a PE certification, you would take the EE exam, as EE is the basis for computing sciences. Not that it really matters, PE exams are very broad in scope, the idea being that you're an engineer first, a specialist second. There will be lots of general physics/chemistry/calculus problems on there. Most engineers who want one take it right out of school, when the general math&science knowledge is still fresh. I doubt I could pass a PE exam right now without some serious study. Fortunately, I doubt I'll ever need to.
    Do you mean FE? either way there still doesnt seemt to be an accredation for the term Engineer when refering to software development

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS4
    Adobe Certified Professional, Flash CS4

  18. #93

    Re: Just a heads-up

    Originally posted by Degsy
    You're all wasting your time. LRRS will never adopt anything you offer them with regards to simplifying or bettering the system up there.

    typical conversation:

    Newbie racer: "Hey, we could improve blah blah blah by doing blah blah blah."

    LRRS rep or BJ Worsham will them chime in and stomp all over newbie racer and tell him not to ask for changes but to bring something of substance to the table. After all, this is a club and the members are all important in a club.*

    * LRRS officials (and BJ Worsham) will call it a club when it suits them, then call it a business when it suits them. It's status changes daily, sometimes many times a day.

    Newbie racer: "OK, I'll design a website with a database for registration and present it to you"

    2 weeks go by and newbie racer presents his newe website with all the bells and whistles needed for LRRS to operate in a professional manner.

    LRRS rep or BJ Worsham: "Nah, thanks but we don't want any changes"

    repeat several times a year for eternity.




    Bottom line is, don't even try to change the system there. You are wasting everybody's time and energy. Just go along with the archaic system they use and learn the short cuts to make it a little more bearable.


    Oh, another thing. I hope all the new racers are happy with getting plenty of practice time. You'll quickly realise that the experts are going so damn fast in practice (close to the speed of light) that they can actually stretch time. 20 minutes of novice practice generally lasts about 60% of the time a 20 minute expert practice does. I have complained about this before and even timed practice sessions with a witness. I was told that I was making lies up and that I was totally wrong. Check for yourselves and you will discover the truth.

    derek


    *Applause*

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adam
    http://www.webcrush.com

    AMA FX#60 SBK#160
    WERA #60


  19. #94
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,844

    LRRS racing website?

    Originally posted by nefarious
    Do you mean FE? either way there still doesnt seemt to be an accredation for the term Engineer when refering to software development
    Right. As far as the Society of Professional Engineers is concerned, there is no such thing as Software Engineering. Nor Computer Engineering for that matter; my degree is widely considered to be a watered down version of an EE degree with some non-engineering courses thrown in. Which it is, I suppose. But in terms of practical application, it's considerably closer to what I do on a day to day basis than an EE courseload would have been.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #95
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,844

    Re: Just a heads-up

    Originally posted by Degsy
    Oh, another thing. I hope all the new racers are happy with getting plenty of practice time. You'll quickly realise that the experts are going so damn fast in practice (close to the speed of light) that they can actually stretch time. 20 minutes of novice practice generally lasts about 60% of the time a 20 minute expert practice does. I have complained about this before and even timed practice sessions with a witness. I was told that I was making lies up and that I was totally wrong. Check for yourselves and you will discover the truth.

    derek
    That 20 minute session did seem awful short on sunday, I figured I was just nervous though didn't realize it was a conspiracy

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #96
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,127,210

    Re: Re: Just a heads-up

    Originally posted by Honclfibr
    That 20 minute session did seem awful short on sunday, I figured I was just nervous though didn't realize it was a conspiracy
    I've been witness to said timing of practice sessions. Went something like this...

    Experts (that's what they were called 'back then'): After a 30 minute practice session, wunna the Woods boys got about 10 laps all by his lonesome so he could test his new racebike...

    Am & Jr: (again, that's what they were called 'back then'): 12 minutes...

    Experts: 26 minutes or some shit like that...

    Am & Jr: A tick over 15 minutes...

    Rinse & repeat...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #97
    Littering and........
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    7,188

    Re: Just a heads-up

    Originally posted by Degsy
    You're all wasting your time. LRRS will never adopt anything you offer them with regards to simplifying or bettering the system up there.

    typical conversation:

    Newbie racer: "Hey, we could improve blah blah blah by doing blah blah blah."

    LRRS rep or BJ Worsham will them chime in and stomp all over newbie racer and tell him not to ask for changes but to bring something of substance to the table. After all, this is a club and the members are all important in a club.*

    * LRRS officials (and BJ Worsham) will call it a club when it suits them, then call it a business when it suits them. It's status changes daily, sometimes many times a day.

    Newbie racer: "OK, I'll design a website with a database for registration and present it to you"

    2 weeks go by and newbie racer presents his newe website with all the bells and whistles needed for LRRS to operate in a professional manner.

    LRRS rep or BJ Worsham: "Nah, thanks but we don't want any changes"

    repeat several times a year for eternity.




    Bottom line is, don't even try to change the system there. You are wasting everybody's time and energy. Just go along with the archaic system they use and learn the short cuts to make it a little more bearable.


    Oh, another thing. I hope all the new racers are happy with getting plenty of practice time. You'll quickly realise that the experts are going so damn fast in practice (close to the speed of light) that they can actually stretch time. 20 minutes of novice practice generally lasts about 60% of the time a 20 minute expert practice does. I have complained about this before and even timed practice sessions with a witness. I was told that I was making lies up and that I was totally wrong. Check for yourselves and you will discover the truth.

    derek
    Wow, thanks Degs. For a minute I was considering getting into bike racing, you just saved me a shitload of money.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #98
    "need more coffee" SBT Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    ALBANY
    Age
    43
    Posts
    80

    NOVICE CONTINGENCY

    REMINDER!!!!

    To all Novice LRRS Racers just a reminder that anyone in the following classes will be eligible for Contingency this weekend:
    LW Supersport
    GTL
    MW Superbike
    There will not be an announcement over the PA so stop by Garage 19 if you need another schedule or information. Certificates will be available for pick up at the end of each race day after the final results have been posted.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -"The right pars, at the right price."
    deb@sportbiketechnology.com
    www.sportbiketechnology.com
    www.myspace.com/sportbiketechnology
    NEW ORDER # 518-438-0944
    MOBILE 774-571-1508

  24. #99
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,844

    Wrong lever

    Beet you gotta show the newbies which lever to pull, man.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #100
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    38,153

    LRRS racing website?

    hmm.. i'm gonna have to fight pretty hard to get contingency in GTL

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. racing website.
    By Rosco61 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-16, 03:18 PM
  2. 151 Racing LRRS Round 2
    By maxim_X in forum Race Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-16, 06:16 PM
  3. ECK Racing 2013 LRRS R2 #929
    By nt650hawk in forum Race Reports
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-22-13, 09:27 PM
  4. LRRS Round 7 - RSP Racing #434
    By PainfullySlow in forum Race Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-12, 08:53 PM
  5. NESR Racing website
    By Degsy in forum Pit Area
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-05, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •