Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

LRRS Round #1 - Day 1 and Day 2

LRRS Round #1 - Day 1 and Day 2

Just a quick post, mainly so I have it written down somewhere before I forget.

Today was great weather wise and the track conditions are very good! So good in fact Jeff Wood ran a 1:11.9 today!

I came up Friday and ran practice. Price went up, but they added a 4th session in, so it made Friday practice a good value.

I got out on track for my first session and instantly felt at home ... like it was October again! It was great! I was alittle sloppy in a couple spots, but quickly found all my marks again by the end of 2nd session.

My body on the other hand, not so much. I came in early the first two sessions to not over do it too soon. By the last two session I was able to ride through the 15 minutes sessions at race pace, so I was pleased.

Today (saturday) I made it out to first practice, felt good of the bat, got down to the 21s ... not great, but not bad for 8am practice.

I missed 2nd practice because it took too long to get my new tires mounted.

Race 4 (2nd Place - 1:18.7):
    I was so pumped an focused to be out in a race again. I was gridded front row outside. Green flag drops and I got the holeshot! Sweet! Go through 3, still in first ... ok .. nice. Made it a lap, still in first! I led for the first 5 laps. On lap 5 I made a mistake mid corner in 11 which botched 12, then I missed some shifts on the front straight. I looked back and 2nd place was right there now. We head into 3, he takes me on the inside, but over brakes, so I take the inside line through 3 and up 4 ... drag race up the hill. We crest the hill and he is later on the brakes than me. I follow him through the back half to the front straight knowing I have two more laps to try to get him back. I stay with him for a lap, but missed some shift down the front straight on the last lap so he put more time on me. I closed the gap alittle into one where we came on the back of the experts (first time for me). He got through quickly in three and I couldn't get by, settling for 2nd. Great Race though! Got back into the 18s on my first race of the year, so I was please.

Race 13 (4th Place 1:18.9):
    I gave of up the GT race to do this race, the dash for cash. I got an excellent start once again, and got the holeshot, and led for lap one! It felt great to lead the first lap of the dash for cash. I was quickly over taken on lap 2 by the two AMs that have been quicker than me in practice. I just kept riding to best I could and held 3rd for several laps. Someone tried to make a hero move into three on me, but on the outside going into the chute. His peg slammed into my left calf, I look over at this guy now dirt tracking, eventually going ass over tea kettle into the tires on the left near the bleechers. Just glad he didn't take me with him.

I put my head down to try and make up the time just lost. Next lap I came down 9 turned in too early for 10, which put me wide, I hit the transition hard, slamming my peg and boot into the ground pushing the bike a couple inches left ... luckly I was still up. More time lost ... i'm sure someone is close now. Sure enough, I got passed about 2/3rds through which put me in 4th, but I didn't have much for him. We caught the back pack of experts, made a couple passes to stay with him, but I was running out of steam. Rode hard until the checker to take 4th.

Overall a great day and just so glad to be back up here again! Seeing everyone has been awesome!

Looking forward to tomorrow!!

HUGE THANKS to Tim, Mark, Justin and Dave for coming up and Support the corner of the infield still! It was great seeing you guys!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by s a x m a n; 04-27-08 at 07:53 PM.

Re: LRRS Round #1 - Day 1

SWEET!! Thanks for that! Almost like I was there!!

(Much faster but... almost)

Last edited by Doc; 04-26-08 at 09:11 PM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Nice work! Congrats on 1:18's the first day of the season!

-kim

drz400sm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/3532494258_79ceb54614.jpg

The first 3 races took forever because of people going down.

Saw Denno in the rookie race and race #3...he looked good...wish I brought my stop watch though. Very nice day for racing.

Quote Originally Posted by s a x m a n View Post
    Race 4 (2nd Place - 1:18.7):
    I was so pumped an focused to be out in a race again. I was gridded front row outside. Green flag drops and I got the holeshot! Sweet! Go through 3, still in first ... ok .. nice. Made it a lap, still in first! I led for the first 5 laps. On lap 5 I made a mistake mid corner in 11 which botched 12, then I missed some shifts on the front straight. I looked back and 2nd place was right there now. We head into 3, he takes me on the inside, but over brakes, so I take the inside line through 3 and up 4 ... drag race up the hill. We crest the hill and he is later on the brakes than me. I follow him through the back half to the front straight knowing I have two more laps to try to get him back. I stay with him for a lap, but missed some shift down the front straight on the last lap so he put more time on me. I closed the gap alittle into one where we came on the back of the experts (first time for me). He got through quickly in three and I couldn't get by, settling for 2nd. Great Race though! Got back into the 18s on my first race of the year, so I was please.

I watched this one from the turn 3 bleachers. You looked good out there!

here you go Jamie

woot! woot!

jamie, kicking ass and taking names.

congrats buddy, wish i was there

NICE!

Paul_E_D

Today ws just as good, if not better! I had a 1, 2 day with my races.

I skipped out on morning practice with hopes that the rain was going to blow out of there soon ... per usual loudon weather it did not. Mounted up the rains and went out to race.

MWSB (1st - 1:30/wet race)
    Went out determined to do very well. I know i'm strong in the wet and I knew I had enough experiance in the wet from 2006 to do what I needed to do. Got another great launch and grabbed the holeshot into turn 1. I put down my fastest lap of the race on lap 1 with a 1:30. I gave me a significant enough lead to relax and just ride my ride for the whole race. I took first by 6 seconds. This was my first complete race win, so this was a special one.

HWSS (2nd - 1:23.5/dry on rains):
    So when I had to make a decision on tires, the track was still pretty damp so I stuck with rains ... I got to pregrid and most were on rains, some on DOTs. We get out on track and its dry, so I just thought, lets see what happens. Green Flag drops I once again get the hole shot, but get quickly swallowed up by 818 who is on a 750. He is on DOTs and just pulling on me. I held on for a lap, but couldn't keep pace. I held a distant 2nd for most the race. As the race went on my rain tires really started to go away. Turn 2 transition was the worst, the bike was all over the place and the drive out was tough. Lap 7 on the exit of 2 I hear another bike ... i think Jeff Wood, but see yellow plates out of the corner of my eye and see its Kitt ... on DOTs. We drag race into three knowing my only chance was to out brake him. We go side by side into the chute, with me on the inside, and I was able to get into a through 3 before him. Held him off all the way until turn 2 again were I was really struggling to get traction, gave it all I could and we drag race again to turn 3. He had a lead on me, so I was really late on the brakes, again on the inside and we get side by side at tip in. We are both there and tip it, he hit a wet spot on the outside and lost the front allowing me to finish the last lap with a little less stress. Great two laps though Chris! Thanks for the battle!

So 1st and 2nd place today and overall a great weekend!

Thanks to everyone for all their help, esp. Arcy, all of ECK-Racing, Pine Motor Sports, Concord Honda, Pheonix Graphics, Woodcraft and of course Tony's Track Days.

2 more weeks and we get to do it again!

Just Registered

Re: LRRS Round #1 - Day 1 and Day 2

You rock Jamie. Congrats!

Congrat on the strong results.

Boston --> San Diego

Couple Action Shots: