Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Next weekend's festivities

Next weekend's festivities

Current plan is to attend Carl's school/track day on the 6th, find something to do Thursday and Friday, and return to racing that weekend. I'd love to attend Tonys on Tuesday, but I'm oncall so that won't fly.

Anyone else going to be at Carl's, or open track Thur/Fri? If people will be around and I can sneak my tent in I may stick around and camp a bit early? I'm going to have to make a run north one of those two days though to pickup a tire... : )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Next weekend's festivities

Why wouldn't you do Advanced Penguin School on Friday.
    Therefore you are up there Thursday - Sunday.

Boston --> San Diego

Come to basic penguin school on Friday and point out all the squidly things I'm doing wrong so I don't yard-sale 3 on Saturday in front of a bleacher full of peeps?

Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Come to basic penguin school on Friday and point out all the squidly things I'm doing wrong so I don't yard-sale 3 on Saturday in front of a bleacher full of peeps?

Fitz

You doing Penguin Basic? I'll be out there Instructing, along with Mike (mmracer37) and Peter (gmdboston). So we'll be sure to point those things out

Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    You doing Penguin Basic? I'll be out there Instructing, along with Mike (mmracer37) and Peter (gmdboston). So we'll be sure to point those things out
    Penguin Basic Friday. Hopefully Rookie Race on Saturday. Maybe a superbike race on Sat/Sun.

Fitz

After discussing this on the NEAR list earlier, the consensus was one day of racing wasn't enough experience to get any benefit out of the advanced school. If anything, for what I'm looking to do basic would be better than the advanced school, but Carl's should be even better as what I'm looking for is seat time. If I had the cash, I'd do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    After discussing this on the NEAR list earlier, the consensus was one day of racing wasn't enough experience to get any benefit out of the advanced school. If anything, for what I'm looking to do basic would be better than the advanced school, but Carl's should be even better as what I'm looking for is seat time. If I had the cash, I'd do both.

Ah. Didn't realized you had that little race seat time.

Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Ah. Didn't realized you had that little race seat time.
    I had hoped to have had more by now, but my lil crash on the first race weekend shut that plan down. I'm used to being in traffic/etc from minis, but I'm still not 100% on the line at NHMS, and I haven't been able to ride the GS since April. (Just started riding again period in the last two weeks) so I figure a refresher is the safe way to get restarted.

I will be there doing Penguin Advanced. Do you know if we can get in the night before to camp?

Thanks!

You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I will be there doing Penguin Advanced. Do you know if we can get in the night before to camp?

Thanks!
    You should be able to get in. 99% sure.

Mike 37

Hey Keri,
    I'll be there thursday morning for open practice and I'll be camping for the rest of the weekend. The track is open, so I don't see any problems getting in thurs night to camp for the friday school. Stop by and visit, we'll be pitted in our usual spot near 1a. Are you sticking around to watch some racing or leaving friday after the school.

Tim
    LRRS #46 EX

windmillcycles.com

Well, Carl's was a bust. I just had the pleasure of a 2 hour drive each way for a $250 roast beef wrap and bike bounce suspension evaluation. The rain was coming down too hard to safely run the track, so after holding off on instructor sessions hoping for a break, they called it after lunch. Only time I fired the GS up was to load it on the trailer.

Positives of the day, found rains that fit and got those mounted, and after a little tweaking I got an 'ok' on my rear suspension from Carl. I have to do a fork oil change on the front as the 10w isn't cutting it.

Random notes, bring hangers for leathers/coat/etc, handy when you soak your coat and want it to dry.

Now I have to decide weather or not to race this weekend. I really wanted a follow the leader session to re-acquire the line, and the day to just get comfortable with it before diving into a race day practice. I've got an ok picture of the track in my head, but I'd like confirmation that my memory is based on reality... I can't swing a Penguin day at this point, or an open practice for that matter, and not being able to ride today is still stinging my wallet.

Damn racing can be frustrating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Well, Carl's was a bust. I just had the pleasure of a 2 hour drive each way for a $250 roast beef wrap and bike bounce suspension evaluation. The rain was coming down too hard to safely run the track, so after holding off on instructor sessions hoping for a break, they called it after lunch. Only time I fired the GS up was to load it on the trailer.

Positives of the day, found rains that fit and got those mounted, and after a little tweaking I got an 'ok' on my rear suspension from Carl. I have to do a fork oil change on the front as the 10w isn't cutting it.

Random notes, bring hangers for leathers/coat/etc, handy when you soak your coat and want it to dry.

Now I have to decide weather or not to race this weekend. I really wanted a follow the leader session to re-acquire the line, and the day to just get comfortable with it before diving into a race day practice. I've got an ok picture of the track in my head, but I'd like confirmation that my memory is based on reality... I can't swing a Penguin day at this point, or an open practice for that matter, and not being able to ride today is still stinging my wallet.

Damn racing can be frustrating at times.
    You'll have 2 practice sessions to find the line again saturday morning. Come racing!!!! Do eeet dooooo eeeeet!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

do basic again in the morning, a day of seat time, even in basic is better then none . I did basic twice, and advanced once, may take it again

Quote Originally Posted by vintage ex race View Post
    do basic again in the morning, a day of seat time, even in basic is better then none . I did basic twice, and advanced once, may take it again
    I would, but that money got spent on Carl's... can't quite swing it.