Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

LRRS wannabe CCS?

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

LRRS wannabe CCS?

I raced CCS Southwest series last year and not only was it cheaper ($70 for first race $50 for second race $35 for all races after that) but in the GTL, GTU, and GTO races you got paid money based on your finish by CCS. This was money from CCS that you could use with CCS to purchase more races, not sponser money like from Dunlop or Michelin or something. They were like monopoly money. For example I got 2nd in GTL in AZ and CCS gave me $120. So when I got 3rd this weekend i thought "cool, i broke even for this race" thinking i won about $90-100. Come to find out LRRS doesnt pay crap unless you are in the dash for cash which isnt even money out of their pocket at all. Which raises the question...why do they charge TWICE what it costs to race other races to race a GT race if there is no chance of possible reimbursment. Like racing isnt expensive enough already you would think LRRS would at least give some incentive to want to race these MORE EXPENSIVE races. I just dont get it, LRRS wants to be reconized by CCS and use their rulebook as a base for their own but dont want give their riders the same support?
    I also dont get why LRRS seems to over kill the safety wire thing but if your bike didnt come stock with a lower then you dont have to run a catch pan under your bike? thats stupid. what happens when that super-motard 3 bikes in front of you blows a motor and dumps 3qts of oil....where is that going to go.....where are you going to go. I know that answer...........the hospital. Its a good thing my radiator cap is safety wired though. I feel safer already

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

LRRS wannabe CCS?

Welcome to LRRS....It sucks ass, so be sure to shut the door behind you.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

LRRS wannabe CCS?

Maybe this needs to be sent to heads of LRRS since it's their choice to " align us" with the rest of the CCS organization. I guess it just the classes that needed to be aligned not the money aspect. Remember it's a club not a business.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

Re: LRRS wannabe CCS?

Originally posted by SVRACER01
    what happens when that super-motard 3 bikes in front of you blows a motor and dumps 3qts of oil
    It's quite simple, they don't blow up
    I've only heard of 1 blowing up and it was at a trackday

Yamaha

LRRS wannabe CCS?

Originally posted by need4speed
    Remember it's a club not a business.
    That should be flip flopped

Yamaha

Re: Re: LRRS wannabe CCS?

Originally posted by R7
    It's quite simple, they don't blow up
    I've only heard of 1 blowing up and it was at a trackday
    some guy on a 450 had his engine seize up on him right next to me coming out of 12 on friday. I dont think it dumped any oil but he did almost hi-side right into me. everything lets go eventually. we are all riding time bombs out there and the more you race it the closer you get to BOOM!!

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

LRRS wannabe CCS?

What are you smokin Mark? I've seen more motards blow up in the last 2 years than any other kind of bike! They should be required to run bellypans IMHO.

SV dude. Your complaint has been echoed by a few, but when they did a direct cost comparo in RRW LRRS did not come out more expensive??? I've never raced anywhere else, so I can't share my experience.

Purse money would be nice...

Paul_E_D

LRRS wannabe CCS?

I think a big part of the problem with higher entry fees and no direct racer payout by LRRS is due to the high fees that the NHIS owners charge to LRRS.......

LRRS#167

LRRS wannabe CCS?

Originally posted by Paul_E_D

SV dude. Your complaint has been echoed by a few, but when they did a direct cost comparo in RRW LRRS did not come out more expensive???
    They didn't include the cost of a Friday practice like they did for other clubs, so LRRS costs were lower than reality

LRRS wannabe CCS?

Aren't most clubs only racing on Sunday with just practice on Sat.?

Paul_E_D

LRRS wannabe CCS?

Aren't most clubs only racing on Sunday with just practice on Sat.?
    the only club i know that does that is Willow.

they DO give you an entire day of practice though, which would be nice.

Since Penguin runs the Friday practice at Loudon, they don't count that in the cost. Other clubs diectly run the Friday practice, so they included that cost.

LRRS wannabe CCS?

What are you smokin Mark? I've seen more motards blow up in the last 2 years than any other kind of bike! They should be required to run bellypans IMHO.
    I don't smoke but thanks for asking. Like i said in my post above "i've" only heard of 1 blowing up

I think a big part of the problem with higher entry fees and no direct racer payout by LRRS is due to the high fees that the NHIS owners charge to LRRS.......
    Now i'm getting confused, who actually owns LRRS? I coulda swore it was said many times last year on the near list that the owners of NHIS also own LRRS

Yamaha

LRRS wannabe CCS?

You are correct.

Paul_E_D

LRRS wannabe CCS?

the way i see it is if there were some incentive to pay the extra money for the GT races such as a pay out for finishing in certain places (1st-5th for example) then more poeple would be more likely to enter these races with the hope of getting some of their money back if they do well. More poeple in the race means a better opportunity to get contingency money from sponsers like Dunlop or Mich. since these companies only pay if a certain # of riders are in the race. Since i couldnt get a sraight answer from anyone if NV riders are able to collect money this year or if its only for AM and EX, i dont know if i would have qualified for ANY money this weekend which sucks because i did good. not that any of that matters because there werent enough racers in any of the races I was in (usually a min. of 10). i assume this had something to do with the weather, regardless, i know you all know what im talking about. Payouts for races = more race entries in those races which= more money for LRRS/NHIS which also= better, closer and more exciting racing for everyone

LRRS wannabe CCS?

SV dude. Your complaint has been echoed by a few, but when they did a direct cost comparo in RRW LRRS did not come out more expensive??? I've never raced anywhere else, so I can't share my experience.

Purse money would be nice...
    I'm with Paul...Mikey's blew up but didn't spew anything....more importantly, he is OK....bunca kak's....

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

LRRS wannabe CCS?

I guess "super single" Heath is feeling better

give me a call when you get a chance we have to work out a plan on picking upour bikes at Dans

LRRS wannabe CCS?

Originally posted by SVRACER01
    I guess "super single" Heath is feeling better

give me a call when you get a chance we have to work out a plan on picking upour bikes at Dans

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

LRRS wannabe CCS?

I knew you would be excited about that

Dan let me know if you would like any help with your bike. I really dont have anything going on right now and i know how you need to be supervised when you are working on you bike. Otherwise we could lose another ratchet