Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Marquez - Sepang (Potential Spoiler)

Marquez - Sepang (Potential Spoiler)

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/196..._rewarded.html

Just saying. Crutchlow couldn't have said it better:

We all know that Marc is hot and that's how he rides the bike but he does a spectacular job of riding so close to someone and not really making a big controversy,” said the Englishman. “If you see him at every race when he's behind a rider when he's going to make a mistake or run wide he always goes to the outside. A lot of riders go to the inside and make a massive crash so he's actually doing a better job than a lot of riders in that sense.

“It's not for me to comment on it because I said before that I don't believe he should be punished. This isn't going to make him change one thing because he rides the way that he rides and it's how he wins so I don't think there should be a penalty. I don't think he's doing anything too bad but what's happening is that he's embarrassing everyone by winning and some people are angry about it.

“They should punish all the riders in Moto2 and Moto3 for riding the warm-up lap too slow because it's dangerous. Why don't they do that? Instead of giving someone a penalty for tapping another rider. He never knocked Dani, he knocked a sensor off that knocked Dani off. He didn't go into the side of Dani and I don't think that he should be punished.”
    As for Lorenzo. I think he is a hypocrite:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/196..._exciting.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Marquez Penalty Point - Sepang (Potential Spoiler)

I think 1 point is a joke, if they're gonna make a penalty, should be 5, 10, 20 points. 1 point might as well be no points. Sucks for Pedrosa.

Quote Originally Posted by kumpy View Post
    I think 1 point is a joke, if they're gonna make a penalty, should be 5, 10, 20 points. 1 point might as well be no points. Sucks for Pedrosa.
    Pedrosa can suck it.

It wasnt a point off his points total. It was a penalty point put onto his license. If I understand right, if Marquez gets one more penalty point he starts next race at the back of the grid.

IMO he should have got no penalty points for the move he tried. Its the highest form of motorcycle racing. Its not second grade remedial soccer where everyone gets a trophy just because they showed up. Ive leaned on guys and Ive had people lean on me. Sometimes people are a little optimistic on their chances. Only penalty that should have been handed out was the one to Honda for leaving such a critical wire exposed.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

They gave him the point because they want riders to leave "a margin of error", not sure a margin of error is truly racing at 100 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    It wasnt a point off his points total. It was a penalty point put onto his license. If I understand right, if Marquez gets one more penalty point he starts next race at the back of the grid.

IMO he should have got no penalty points for the move he tried. Its the highest form of motorcycle racing. Its not second grade remedial soccer where everyone gets a trophy just because they showed up. Ive leaned on guys and Ive had people lean on me. Sometimes people are a little optimistic on their chances. Only penalty that should have been handed out was the one to Honda for leaving such a critical wire exposed.
    Exactly!! Though, I would probably love to see Marquez start from the rear, cut through the field, finish first and put Lorenzo and Pedrobot to shame.

Why wasn't Lorenzo given a point for the contact at Sepang?

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

1 point is definitely a joke when you need 4 to just start at the end of the grip. Might as well go unpunished as its been said here

CCS #31

Re: Marquez - Sepang (Potential Spoiler)

Point is, Marcelo, that he already had two points for going too fast on the pit, the point he got no puts him on the margin to start from the back of grid. Irregardless, chances are that Marquez will clinch the title next race in the Australian GP, at which point this whole point debacle will just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo07R1 View Post
    1 point is definitely a joke when you need 4 to just start at the end of the grip. Might as well go unpunished as its been said here
    should have not been punished to begin with.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo07R1 View Post
    Yea, you should have gotten at least 2 points for taking someone out in 11 in round 6.

JKJK. Hope you're alright man.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Point is, Marcelo, that he already had two points for going too fast on the pit, the point he got no puts him on the margin to start from the back of grid. Irregardless, chances are that Marquez will clinch the title next race in the Australian GP, at which point this whole point debacle will just go away.
    Irregardless is not a word

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    Yea, you should have gotten at least 2 points for taking someone out in 11 in round 6.

JKJK. Hope you're alright man.
    I should lol

I'm getting better thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Lol

CCS #31

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    should have not been punished to begin with.
    Well that is a completely different issue, i just think the penalties system is a bit weak. F1 had some of the same issues in the past

CCS #31

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

I know. But it feels good to write/say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Exactly!! Though, I would probably love to see Marquez start from the rear, cut through the field, finish first and put Lorenzo and Pedrobot to shame.
    I would love to see that too but with those guys its just way too much to make up unless he gets an amazing start and everyone else sleeps at the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    the 2 points he had before were for disregarding a yellow flag at Silverstone and crashing into the crash zone of Crutchlow. sending corner workers scattering and narrowly missing being hit by Marquez's bike as it hit Crutchlow's bike that they were trying to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post

the 2 points he had before were for disregarding a yellow flag at Silverstone and crashing into the crash zone of Crutchlow. sending corner workers scattering and narrowly missing being hit by Marquez's bike as it hit Crutchlow's bike that they were trying to pick up.
    Thank you for setting the record straight Brett!!