Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mini MOTO in the North East

Mini MOTO in the North East

I have recently come across some videos of MiniMoto races and curios how popular they are in the North East. They seem like a cheap way to get a few extra races and double as a pit bike. I know I’ve seen an older woman toast a few risers on a ttr125 first penguin track experience last spring so I know they are out there.

Any one ride them up at LRRS? NYST? NJMP? What would be the ideal setup? I’ve been seeing a good amount of crf/xr100’s with just a set of Bridgestone street tires on them.

Any recommendations for the best platform for one? TTR125 vs CRF/XR100 or possibly a 2 stroker?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Mini MOTO in the North East

Google Ovrp

Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Lifer

The NEMM series is the droid you're looking for. They run supermoto and mini racing at Boxshop in Parsonsfield, ME.

I ran the Open-AM and Supermono "big bike" classes up there on a WR450 supermoto last year. Definitely a great group and awesome racing for the $. Minis had a strong showing last year and what looked like some pretty good racing.

The XR/CRF100 is definitely the go-to. There is a dedicated class just for the 100. And there are several there every event. So a nice field.
    The TTR is less well represented and classed differently with NEMM. Hopefully Kurlon will weigh in as he knows the details. But the CRF100 is the de-facto choice.
    I think there's even a vintage class if you show up with a twin shock XR100 too.

All that said, I am perpetually half on the hunt for a CRF150F. I feel it'd fit my oversized-ness a bit better and still let me go play in "air cooled". That bike would double as a nice back-yard toy for the wifey too. I may cave and fall for the next bargain priced TTR that crosses my path. Who knows.

I got my ass kicked in supermono last year by a kid on a CRF150R. So there's that too..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Been considering a Grom for some of these classes. Most of the folks here would have to come pretty far south for them:

Home | New Jersey MiniGP

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

The 'pit bike' scene died a while ago, mini moto is starting to slowly revive itself. Almost every org has a class for Stock or near stock CRF100 which tends to be the most popular due to low cost of entry and matching performance across all competitors for good fun bar banging. If you want to tinker, or buck the curve with an odd ball alternate choice you should still be able to find a place to play with most orgs. Figure out which series you're most likely to run with, see who's running what and make your bike choice from there.

For NEMM for example, CRF100s are VERY popular but you'll have good competition on a CRF150, TT-R125, KX65, etc too. Proper pitties have started showing up again as well. I don't have any direct experience with the other orgs so I'd just say get on Facebook and see what they're up to.

You have revived my on again off again search for a CRF100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

I have an XR100 in good shape that I m looking to part with if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    You have revived my on again off again search for a CRF100

Quote Originally Posted by Jewcati View Post
    I have an XR100 in good shape that I m looking to part with if you are interested.
    What year and how much?

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    What year and how much?
    2003...runs mint

$1000