Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NEMRR no longer CCS

NEMRR no longer CCS

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...iliate-of-ccs/

So what does this mean for the series? Anyone have any insight on why this actually came to be? Don't know if I should be excited or scared. What are your guys thoughts? Also any inside knowlage is always welcome haha.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS EX #329
    Thank you to my 2022 sponsors: Vortex, Hot Bodies, Cycle gear, Spectro Oil, DP brakes!!

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: NEMRR no longer CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Mgiossi View Post
    https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...iliate-of-ccs/

So what does this mean for the series? Anyone have any insight on why this actually came to be? Don't know if I should be excited or scared. What are your guys thoughts? Also any inside knowlage is always welcome haha.
    I can see some logistic issues, the reciprocity is nice, but so much for trying to be a regional series with an attachment to a national one. Sounds like a bit of a bummer, but at least we should have our own classes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCS/LRRS #83

I see this being not much of an impact for the majority of us LRRS/NEMRR racers but with less opportunity to use our racing licenses is be curious if there would be less of a cost going forward? Doubtful but logically it tracks. Pay the same price for less just seems odd but racing isn’t a cheap hobby by any means

I do know the reasons. It is actually opposite of what Christian said, being part of CCS was more expensive (for the club) and got us (the club) nothing. Unfortunately, the mixed points round did not attract any real numbers to loudon. Many more of our riders went south than theirs came north.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

I’d be curious to see any class restructuring in the years to come? Follow CCS classes? Follow WERA classes? Possibly some NEMRR specific classes? Does this mean there is a lesser political chain to get changes done with exception to abiding by the NHMS’s regulations that is. Would this change any ties to the SMEC events, when they are available?

I don’t think this is the place for those questions to be answered but hopefully more to follow at the banquet.

From the “press release” in Road Racing World it looked like the primary factor was class structure. I don’t know what the actual differences are between CCS and NEMRR goals but that’s what Grush was quoted saying.

I’ll add that the discussion on the FB group was a bit weird.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Paul explained the reasons very well as far as I know.
    The real question is how will this impact OUR attendance to CCS events , especially Race of Champions.
    Anything else will have minimal to no impact. We already had different transponders and classes.
    I also do not understand the decision very well but I do have good faith in the people who are running the series and know they have long term goals and visions.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

$$$$$$$$

What it always comes down to. Would imagine CCS affiliation costs a pretty penny for the series. Dwindling entries and increased costs of everything associated with the series can't be easy to manage.

The CCS Events and Race of Champions shouldn't be affected for at least the next two years as the article states that NEMRR and CCS will honor each other's license for at a minimum the next two years.

Honoring licenses, but I didn't see anything about honoring points, so you'd be showing up to the RoC with no points in any class from NEMRR?

That’s pretty much my point. Of course they ll honor licenses, although I’m curious as to what happens after 2 years.
    But what happens when one of our racers goes to ROC? They considered non series and 0 points I assume? Not that starting position is that important in Daytona but still.

On the SMEC front, there never was a tie in there, they just happened to run events at the same time as the Classic. You had to buy a one shot or season license from SMEC to play, AFAIK NEMRR/LRRS wasn't honoring SEMC licenses? Nothing about this change impacts that. There may be another change outside NEMRR/SMEC that causes a different org to be the one that jumps on a Classic SUMO event going forward, still waiting to see how things on that front play out.

Eric W responded to the topic on fb

Sav the ROC would be the one thing that is different. If you wanted to get points for that you’d have to run at njmp or similar. I guess if there was any silver lining it’s that many classes down there only have 2-3 rows of riders, so starting from the back is not tragic.

Not sure this really affects anything.

Lrrs(nemrr) uses points for griding, ccs uses entry time. Lrrs uses lap times for advancement, ccs uses points and roc.

Lrrs has had many different rules including a novice class, race classes and fuel used. And there is reciprocity with licenses for the next two years.

Loudon racers that raced in jersey (up until last year) race in the mid Atlantic series. And roc is essentially a one off race n so you can still win a championship as a Loudon racer if you win the race.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Another update. Kevin Elliot from CCS clarifying Daytona starting Friday will be based on date of entry (just like all other CCS events) and not based on points.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Another update. Kevin Elliot from CCS clarifying Daytona starting Friday will be based on date of entry (just like all other CCS events) and not based on points.
    And they do qualifying

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

As long as nemrr sets their dates different than the ccs rounds in jersey, you can run both. I used to it. Several others here, too. We would have back to back race weekends.

Not many Loudon racers ran Jersey or Florida. Having a round in Jersey last year was cool, but not everyone could go or choose to go. Running a motard at Jersey is retarded. I blew a head gasket on mine just taking it out for a couple laps at a track day. Sergio grenaded his racing.

LRRS/CCS #66

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    You had to buy a one shot or season license from SMEC to play
    Wish I had known this to be the case as I would have happily paid for a one shot license with SMEC to be able to run the SM event at Loudon. It was explained to me that there were no single day license accommodations and that if someone wanted to ride the SM event they either needed an annual LRRS/NEMRR license or an annual SMEC license. I didn't want to spend the cash for either of those options so I wound up as a spectator. Would have been more fun to ride it.

I think your memory is better than mine, there may not have been a single shot, I think you had to buy a full fat SMEC license which is not cheap for one event, and would have been while I let my LRRS lapse so... yeah. Add in their 'rental' fee for the transponders that isn't far off from just buying one, not getting the practices we we supposed to due to weather, but also no refund... They are not my go to model of how an org should operate, but they were the only sumo show for the Classic so... captive audience.

It would be awesome to see NEMRR become an extension of WERA much like LRRS was with CCS.

Has Sean ever done that with other orgs?

I would like to see the Duke 790s taken out of lw! Hahahaha

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Don’t put that gypsy magic on me Mike!

You’re good with Ducati 1100 or the Kramer? The R5?

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    You’re good with Ducati 1100 or the Kramer? The R5?
    R5 in LWGP? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I think your memory is better than mine, there may not have been a single shot, I think you had to buy a full fat SMEC license which is not cheap for one event, and would have been while I let my LRRS lapse so... yeah. Add in their 'rental' fee for the transponders that isn't far off from just buying one, not getting the practices we we supposed to due to weather, but also no refund... They are not my go to model of how an org should operate, but they were the only sumo show for the Classic so... captive audience.
    Smec does offer a one day license for the Loudon event. I don't think they are going to be running it next year though. It's expensive to put on and doesn't draw enough Loudon guys.

LRRS/CCS #66

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast