Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

NEMRR no longer CCS

Re: NEMRR no longer CCS

It's hard to draw Loudon guys when you won't coordinate race schedules.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Has Sean ever done that with other orgs?
    Not that I know of. I did have a short conversation with him years ago regarding WERA in the northeast and, at least at the time, he'd voiced his interest in having more access to this area. Sounded like Summit Point was as close as the organization could get.

Either way, NEMRR is in good hands and I see the departure from CCS as an opportunity to grow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS doesn't exist anymore so stop using it!
    Don't know the reason Nemrr left CCS but I am sure cost was an issue. Class structure being another one. I personal believe Nemrr has too many overlapping classes with little time in a given day to run them all, especially in the early and later part of the season.

It will always be Lrrs for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Either way, NEMRR is in good hands and I see the departure from CCS as an opportunity to grow.
    Curious why you think CCS affiliation was holding NEMRR back, or how separation will enable growth?

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

NEMRR no longer CCS

Curious why you think CCS affiliation was holding NEMRR back, or how separation will enable growth?
    I think the best thing that could come out of it is a very responsive organization to the needs and desires of local racers who want to participate. Extend this out to class structures how they run the weekend, what other activities are available. For one I think there’s a huge missed opportunity to develop kid friendly activities that are part of the weekend. Maybe even some Junior racing or riding classes somewhere, like on 50’s…, with appropriate waivers and insurance of course. Or if that’s logistically tough, at least some bicycle riding areas or other things to safely keep families entertained. Who knows, that’s just one example… but there’s a lot that could be done with independent control of a series that history has pretty much shown, no one from out of region travels to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by scottieducati; 12-24-21 at 02:05 PM.

CCS/LRRS #83

I don't see how CCS affiliation had prevented any of that? We had our own classes, we've had pitbike racing, scooter racing, etc so no impediment there. I think the real potential roadblocker has been sorting insurance both at the track level and LRRS now NEMRR level, as well as having additional manpower to actually operate it?

Is the next step AMA membership being required ?

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Is the next step AMA membership being required ?
    Why would that be a requirement?

It is for asra isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mgiossi View Post
    It is for asra isnt it?
    Yes?

AMA membership I don't mind. For the price I get roadside assistance for whatever I'm driving, truck and trailer, RV, whatever. And it reduces the cost of getting insurance for the race org. So I won't object on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    I think the best thing that could come out of it is a very responsive organization to the needs and desires of local racers who want to participate. Extend this out to class structures how they run the weekend, what other activities are available. For one I think there’s a huge missed opportunity to develop kid friendly activities that are part of the weekend. Maybe even some Junior racing or riding classes somewhere, like on 50’s…, with appropriate waivers and insurance of course. Or if that’s logistically tough, at least some bicycle riding areas or other things to safely keep families entertained. Who knows, that’s just one example… but there’s a lot that could be done with independent control of a series that history has pretty much shown, no one from out of region travels to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the track has been the bigger limiting issue, not ccs.

They are the ones with the age restriction. And the amount they charge to use even the parking lot is crazy. You could easily have junior racing somewhere on the grounds. They have a great series in jersey at the go cart track for kids to get into racing.

Locally, it's been Aaron at boxshop who has provided most of the young talent that has made its way to nemrr.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

AMA membership I don't mind. For the price I get roadside assistance for whatever I'm driving, truck and trailer, RV, whatever. And it reduces the cost of getting insurance for the race org. So I won't object on that one.
    Same. I haven’t had a race license since 2017 but I keep my AMA membership for those reasons.

I wouldn't say they were being "held back". Being that NEMRR is new, I see the breaking out of CCS as allowing them complete control over how the future can be navigated. The new organization can now be aligned in any way they see fit...rule structure, class structure, choice in which licensing orgs participate, etc

Let's face it, there have been long-standing differences when it comes to being under the CCS umbrella (timing system, for example) and breaking away from that provides a blank slate to compliment an otherwise fresh start.

I believe NEMRR honoring of CCS licenses is a courtesy going into next season but I suspect John et al have plans that span a few years out

I hope the keep reciprocity between the two. I don't think either club will lose that much money in license fees as they gain race entries and transponder rental. Plus, maybe make a little off practice/school.

And it gives a racer an opportunity to break out of their home track and see if they might have what it takes to move further into racing, ie motoamerica.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

I hope this year at least the timing system will get fixed. It was the worst I have ever seen last year. No idea what your times were or even where you finished. Also no idea why race monitor stopped coving lrrs/nemrr last year. They had a great platform that was also super easy to use.

I hope this year at least the timing system will get fixed. It was the worst I have ever seen last year. No idea what your times were or even where you finished. Also no idea why race monitor stopped coving lrrs/nemrr last year. They had a great platform that was also super easy to use.
    Race monitor going away was a monetary thing from what I understand. It apparently costs the org money to be on their platform.

I've been trying to work on something like race monitor in my spare time because even before it went away, I hated the fact that it cost money for the good stuff. But as with any volunteer project, it takes time. I should probably reach out to Eric and John to see if there's any way I can help them with T&S.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

According to their website, it looks like it was free for the track to provide live timing. If not, $80 a year? Not sure why it was immediately axed when track intel was clearly not ready.

https://www.race-monitor.com/Home/Tracks

When it was LRRS, the track owned the timing system AND ran the racing. Now the track owns the timing system, NEMRR rents access, and I don't know how much access they're getting. None of this was dictated by CCS affiliation, it's just the system NHMS went with. I also don't see how staying with or breaking off from CCS changes that calculous. Really, the big question is will CCS let NEMRR plug any alternate timing system into the loop? Without that, we're stuck with the track's system. (Not that I look forward to having to buy another transponder if they do change.)

If all of these go karting facilities can figure it out, I'm sure this race organization could find a way.
    I mean, it's timing and racing. You can't have one without the other.

That tower might be the best part about Loudon. I always miss having it at jersey.

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    That tower might be the best part about Loudon. I always miss having it at jersey.
    Sure when its working......which it hasn't in over a year

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS EX #329
    Thank you to my 2022 sponsors: Vortex, Hot Bodies, Cycle gear, Spectro Oil, DP brakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    That’s pretty much my point. Of course they ll honor licenses, although I’m curious as to what happens after 2 years.
    But what happens when one of our racers goes to ROC? They considered non series and 0 points I assume? Not that starting position is that important in Daytona but still.
    then you'd have to buy a CCS license. your expert standings would be honored since you're licensed as an expert in a sanctioned club series. no different if you went to WERA Gran Championships without a WERA license.

Last edited by Jim; 12-27-21 at 12:51 PM.
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

It is for asra isnt it?
    AMA sanctioned events: ASRA, WERA, Moto America....

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast