Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Newbie racer paddock questions

Newbie racer paddock questions

So I am giving racing a go this year after 4 years of track days. May 15th will be my first race weekend.
    Some questions on garage space and general pitting questions.

1) I will do the Friday Penguin school, during this are the garages free to all, or does the race rental stuff apply?
    2) The garage rental process is vague. I gather that all garages have been rented by groups for the season correct?
    3) So does anyone ever rent out individual spaces for weekends that they are not going to be there? I can't find any listings like this.
    4) I am shooting to do 4 races this season, and if someone has a full season share of a garage that no one has claimed I would be willing to take it and use it for my four races, Anyone????
    5) If I were to somehow hookup with a garage, is there enough parking there for all parties sharing a garage, or would I need to drop my stuff and park (truck and trailer) outside the garage area?
    6) For piting outside of the garage area is it first come first serve or some logic to it?

I went through the whole LRRS website and got whatever I could off of there, but any advice for a first timer that would make day 1 go smoother it would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Newbie racer paddock questions

Yes we usually have a opening in G22 North. Then you would be able to stay all weekend too. I know that that particular weekend there will be a opening. And as a added bonus you will be pitted with a very helpful instructor. Just PM me.

1) Mostly a free for all, Penguin will ask that you gravitate towards their end of the north garages.

2) You contract with the track to rent a bay for the season. There are likely still bays available.

3) Lots of people do, post up on here when you're looking for space and you'll likely get an offer.

5) The parking directly in front of each bay is reserved for those who rent it. Usually room for two or three trucks and trailers. Worst case you unload and move your truck/trailer to a nearby lot not associated with a garage.

6) Correct, first come, first served. There are a few areas that have traditional groups though, so depending on where you pick you may be greeted with Tequila at night, or your bike in a bathroom stall the next morning. : )

Center 6, 5, and 4, have spots open on a show and pay rent basis as far as I know.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK