Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

New NHMS Rules

Re: New NHMS Rules

I came back to the series last year after not racing since 1999, looks like I may hang it up again in favor of vet class MX. Why don't they just post a sign at the gate that says "Go Away"!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Damn this is going to be a tough year.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    Damn this is going to be a tough year.

KB
    See you at Clough, teddy bear. We'll have lunchtime campfires fueled by cash money and will still come out in the black.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    See you at Clough, teddy bear. We'll have lunchtime campfires fueled by cash money and will still come out in the black.
    I just got a YZ250 too.....$$$$$$ or a LOT of fun in the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Seriously... we need to organize.
    Ain't gonna happen here Doc. People love bitching way more than actually doing something.

For me, these new fees make the decision of running in NJ that much easier because the cost is looking to be about the same with the difference being that NJMP is a safer place to run.

1153 Mother_______'s
    100 To register and park in the woods
    1253 fuck you's or NJMP cash and clough

Open for offers on a camping trailer and garage spot

I hear a lot of complaining in here. you guys can always not leave your rv/camper there all the time. drive it there for the weekend and stay just the weekend. save all the "storage" fees for leaving it there. I also find it funny that you own a camper and complain about fees associated with leaving it somewhere other than your own property. You've actually just had it extremely good for years when really it shouldn't have been unreasonable to charge before.

I hate to say it but it's still cheaper than trackdays. We did quite a few last year. Last season at NJ the average trackday cost was $195-$205/day. And there were a lot of 3 day weekend "specials" priced at $550. Add camping fees and electric fees (aprox. $75), maybe 2 sets of tires if you're on a 600 or up, and an average 2 day weekend trackday event cost is aprox. $1k. A 3 day event is even more. I always liked the racing because it was a cheaper way to get out there, but it's creeping up now. Still not quite as bad as trackdays, but not quite the deal it used to be.
    And banding together imo won't do anything. Sounds like track rules, not LRRS rules. If we boycott I'm sure they couldn't care any less. There's no $ relatively speaking in motorcycle racing for the track owners. We wouldn't be missed a bit.
    So we play by their rules, pay the fees, and try to enjoy it, or don't go. But trackdays are looking a little better to me now, and besides, they're sooooo much fun...

LRRS #387

The storage fees for RVs didn't seem THAT bad, what caught my eye is any RV stored there now has to be road legal... how many of the roaches there now can be registered?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    There's no $ relatively speaking in motorcycle racing for the track owners.
    Yeah and I can't imagine why that is, what with all these increased and new fees that everyone can seemingly afford.

They are effectively pushing people away rather than bringing them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I say we all boycott the 1st weekend.
    Boycott? I show up and pay for the camping for the summer then I have to leave. I won't have any cash ledft over for entry fees. And I only race two. The increases over five years cut me from 4 races to 2 as it is. Anyone know the total to show up just for the first weekend with one guest? Without entering a race. Arrive thursday night till sunday.

Ill be there Wed-Sun

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    I always liked the racing because it was a cheaper way to get out there, but it's creeping up now. Still not quite as bad as trackdays, but not quite the deal it used to be.

This one confuses the crap outta me - lap for lap trackdays have always been cheaper than racing for me... anyone else?

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

If anyone knows track days, Denno does

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Dummy Denno View Post
    This one confuses the crap outta me - lap for lap trackdays have always been cheaper than racing for me... anyone else?
    If you break it down lap for lap then yeah. But add up what you spend duing a race weekend in total and compare it to a track day weekend. The track day weekend will always cost more in the end. Racing gives you the option to get out there for less $ if you enter fewer races. Track days cost x amount regardless if you turn 10 laps in a day or 100. You are locked into a set cost.
    So lap for lap a track day is cheaper, but ask me after a race weekend and even after 6 races, and I'll tell you my weekend ends up costing less than a track day weekend, even if I did turn fewer laps. I guess it's like the old apples and oranges, but I guess my point was at least you can race on the (kinda)cheap if you want to.

Last edited by Slowpoke387; 03-15-10 at 11:47 PM.
    LRRS #387

Quote Originally Posted by -jro- View Post
    looks like I'll be corner working on the track and in downtown Laconia
    Why are you trying to make the racers even MORE broke?

PS, sucking dick at the Broken Spoke is more profitable... I've heard

Original

Quote Originally Posted by -jro- View Post
    looks like I'll be corner working on the track and in downtown Laconia
    I already heard reports of Doc's truck driving around aimlessly in Laconia (dammit jackie, why you have to quote her right in front of me, RUDE!)

Man some of this definitely blows. Even if I go up to watch this year, I can't jump on my pitbike and motor around saying hi to everyone...lame. Can't lie, I am glad I decided to go the mx route this year rather than sacrifice that for LRRS...the new england mx series are all still pretty family oriented/user friendly for the most part.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

I'd like to hear about how these fees are compared to other corporate-owned tracks around the US. I wonder if we've all been sheltered for a long time now... I remember a number of fees at summit point over 10 years ago...

a13x, scottg, mmracer, other people who have raced across the country/are in-the-know... can any of you guys weigh in?

Last edited by smf; 03-16-10 at 08:06 AM.
    Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    )

Man some of this definitely blows. Even if I go up to watch this year, I can't jump on my pitbike and motor around saying hi to everyone...lame. Can't lie, I am glad I decided to go the mx route this year rather than sacrifice that for LRRS...the new england mx series are all still pretty family oriented/user friendly for the most part.
    I am gonna be thinking about this for a few days but I am leaning towards selling the camper. Using the money I get for a slide-in camper. Then two quality races at NJMP with USGPRU/CCS and Winchester Motorsports Park. No matter what I decide it has been a lot of fun and I have accomplished my lifetime dream of roadracing. Damn, a win eluded me on "The Classic" weekend though. That would be the trophy I would keep.

Quote Originally Posted by smf View Post
    I'd like to hear about how these fees are compared to other corporate-owned tracks around the US. I wonder if we've all been sheltered for a long time now... I remember a number of fees at summit point over 10 years ago...

a13x, scottg, mmracer, other people who have raced across the country/are in-the-know... can any of you guys weigh in?
    I would have to say, I couldn't and wouldn't complain about fees at a track if I was going to ride there, I'll pay... if it's too much, I will use my play money elsewhere.

I think the part that's hard to swolllow is lots of changes fast. It should be expected when ownership changes hands, but a nicer, safer track should be expected when I shell out more $.

I don't think you can compare the costs across the board, simply because:
    1. the cost of running NHMS, is much lower than some other top notch facilities.
    2. NHMS is in new hampshire, where the sport is shortenned to just over half a year, bikes in general are less popular than southern states, therefore less racing interest.

I'm not saying a dairy queen can't open in edmonton... I just think it may be less profitable, and have to have a different menu or pricing than the one in orlando.

Dairy Queen. Where do you come up with this shit? Haha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    I don't think you can compare the costs across the board, simply because:
    1. the cost of running NHMS, is much lower than some other top notch facilities.
    2. NHMS is in new hampshire, where the sport is shortenned to just over half a year, bikes in general are less popular than southern states, therefore less racing interest.

I'm not saying a dairy queen can't open in edmonton... I just think it may be less profitable, and have to have a different menu or pricing than the one in orlando.
    true, you can't say if X = Y they we're not getting screwed, but you can do a % based comparison taking into account the various 'cost-of-living' differences (which maybe include the limited season).

all I'm saying is without knowing how the 'rest of the country' lives (expenses, etc) you really have no idea if you are being screwed or if proper club racing economics just caught up to LRRS... and that's what I'm curious about.

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I'll be there!

Paul_E_D

I just wrote a letter to Obama for a racing bailout...

if welfare lifers can be rollin' on dubs, then I expect a nice stimulus for racing.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    ....."From some people ive talked to racing was a cheaper way to ride on the track".
    to date.... that has to be the quote of the year...

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"