Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Paging Otto, Oslo, whoever you are.

'Qualify' means to be eligible to participate.

If you mean, did I qualify under 112% of Jake's time, no, but in that scenario I didn't have to. I'm willing to bet that if my best time was a '38 they would not have given a provisional

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Originally posted by offo
    Does anyone on this forum realize just how slow a 1:40 laptime is - especially for a "professional" roadracer in a national AMA race at VIR?
    do you? how slow are you? got anything to prove it? didn't think so

whats your point? that there are fast girls on 125s? no shit.

how fast do you go?

of course, its no secret that VIR is a 125 track and not a HP track.

great, she's fast. is that your point? if not, get to it already and quit wasting everyone's time.

She did 41's, I did 37's, and Disalvo did 25's. Big deal.

Why does everyone say "It's not a HP track" They say this about NHIS also and it makes me At VIR you have a front straight that seems like it goes on for ever..... Are you saying more HP will not help you????
    Also when you look at the fastest times at Loudon they are from the bigger bikes like 750's. Besides Greenwood and Jeff on 600's no one is doing 12's on 600's. Back when everyone was using the 813 motor in the GSXR 750 there was 5-6 guys doing 11's, 12's and 13's all day. So I would say HP has something to do with it.

Originally posted by Kip
    Why does everyone say "It's not a HP track" They say this about NHIS also and it makes me At VIR you have a front straight that seems like it goes on for ever..... Are you saying more HP will not help you????
    Also when you look at the fastest times at Loudon they are from the bigger bikes like 750's. Besides Greenwood and Jeff on 600's no one is doing 12's on 600's. Back when everyone was using the 813 motor in the GSXR 750 there was 5-6 guys doing 11's, 12's and 13's all day. So I would say HP has something to do with it.
    When people say its not a HP track they refer to the lack of time that you can spend on the gas.

only two guys have seen 11's. Greenwood and Eric Wood. Eric did it on a 750, Scott did it on a 600. The fastest AMA SB time was a 1:09. If 160hp can only go 2 sec's faster than a 600, I'd say its not a HP track.

Carlo, Gus, Giaccommara all did low 13's on 600's as well.

You forgot someone else did 11's on a 750......... CHOUINARD !!!!! I'm just saying back when not everyone had a 600 there were a lot more guys doing faster times on the bigger bikes.
    Do they really call VIR not a HP track???? You were at the AMA superbike race right? You saw how the Honda's would out pull any bike on the front straight.

Porkchop cut an 11? I though his best was an 12.1 on his 750. My bad.

Lets put it this way--every time a manufacturer comes out with a new 1 liter bike, a bunch of LRRS guys go out and buy them and usually either by the end of the season, if not before hand they sell them stating they just suck at Loudon.

Hell, DesConboy has done this three times now. Sheeser couldn't put it together on his new Honda 1k (he wasn't flying on his 600 though), Doucette already dumped his 1k, Eric had his 1k for 1 weekend before he sold it.

How many 'unlimited' bikes did you see at Loudon this year? 600s tend to be the most popular lately, but a 750 is only marginally larger. I mean, hell, the new 600s can make 120hp with a lil headwork and tuning--but they handle better than the bigger bikes due to less crank gyro.

Every race track has a front straight and the faster bike will usually pull others there but notice thats where almost all the passing occurs at VIR.

Daytona--HP track. A moped won't help there, regardless of what Oddo likes to think. He doesn't race, so its not like he'd know.

And Daytona - a track where a 135hp 600 should really shine, is a hp track. Yet ............................ those with absolutely no skills whatsoever might as well be on a moped.
    uh huh, i guess you have looked at the split times?

http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/ra...um=1&year=2004

I'm only a few secs behind the the leaders on the banking sections, and double that time on the infield. Can't get those damn horseshoes figured out. Crashing twice in the west horseshoe didn't help my confidence

Turns 1 and 7 is where the passing occurs. And at the very top of the rollercoaster in club racing. Of course you have no experience actually passing anyone.

Here's a question you never answered. Why did you ask SpeedTV how you could get a copy of the AMA VIR FX race? Why would you want visual proof that you are the slowest fuck in the paddock?

I asked cuz I wanted to see the race?

And I guess you didn't bother looking at the VIR results either?

Here's a lap chart-- http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/ra...6275&year=2004 You'll see I did passing.

Here are the split times from that race as well: http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/ra...um=1&year=2004

Wow, look at that, not the slowest either. I think Oddo needs to get his facts right.

I did 1:40 at a trackday at VIR but I guess it was because I was on a bone stock 750 with 120 hp and my first time there!

Collision Pros Racing

That would translate to 1:36 during a race. Take away 2 secs because it was a trackday, there was traffic, and you weren't in race mode. So you would do 1:38s in practice as you could then follow some of your competitors, learn the line, etc. Come race time, take away another 1.5-2 secs as you would take risks, and you'd be in full race mode.
    I was thinking that but I don't want to give myself any reason to think I am any better then what I did...Unlike some people!

Collision Pros Racing

I did 1:40's on my 600 first time there.

TPM trackday.

That's it....I am going out and getting the factory ride I deserve!

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

difference is that i did 37's there and thats documented

and considering i just had surgery, thats not bad

talk up all the trackdays you want, until you grid up there whats the point

you guys sure like to TALK a lot but never actually come and race

Yeah.... and you only did a 1:38.911 in the race. I would think you would go faster in the race....No! Here's your documented time:http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/ra...6275&year=2004

Oh and why is it you only do one practice? I would think you would want as much track time as you can get to better your times, but I guess not when your just there to pose!

Collision Pros Racing

Mike has a good point why would you only do 1 practice??? I would think the more track time the better???
    But I guess I could ask Lew this question for the LRRS!!!!! If you get practice time why not use it???? Maybe you could lower your times. (Sorry Lew I need you to "Give it a name")

You guys really are clueless.

VIR was a compressed schedule. Sat and Sunday only--thats all they gave us. There were no other practices. I did the Friday promoter practice as well since we were getting the shaft on track time.

Mike--I was stuck behind two guys. VIR is a track where its hard to pass due to its narrowness and short time until the next corner. Yeager would do some crazy lines and force you to check up which also hurt. When I finally got around him, thats when I ran off in turn 1. The best of the tires were already gone at that point.

Oddo-shut up already. Any racer knows that Daytona is the first time back on the track in 5 months and that clearing out those cobwebs can take some time. Oh wait, you don't race--you expect everyone to be at peak performance every day of the year.

Hey....I only do maybe 1 practice because I am not a morning person.

That will change this upcoming season...as I have gone back to working out and taking all my supps. I will be in top physical condition this spring..hell...I already have a shitload more energy, and am down to 210 lbs...that's right lost 12 lbs of unsightly belly fat already.

This year will be a little different.....hopefully!

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

Originally posted by LM954RR
    Hey....I only do maybe 1 practice because I am not a morning person.

good point. there is a difference between track time and PRODUCTIVE track time. If you can't get yourself together in the early morning to do anything effective you'll just be wasting gas, tires and making yourself more tired for later on.

i don't know how you guys get ripped everytime night and expect to get up the next morning.

i don't know how you guys get ripped everytime night and expect to get up the next morning.
    That is going to be different this season too...Not that I actually got "ripped" but even a few drinks would be a hinderence on my AM productiuvity.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

Originally posted by WebCrush
    Funny because I do it and I went faster then you so maybe you should start getting ripped with us!

Collision Pros Racing

Originally posted by LM954RR

That is going to be different this season too...Not that I actually got "ripped" but even a few drinks would be a hinderence on my AM productiuvity.

Collision Pros Racing

Originally posted by Collision pro
    Funny because I do it and I went faster then you so maybe you should start getting ripped with us!
    I wouldn't be too proud of that time, pal

Why you going to go faster next year?

Collision Pros Racing

i was two 2 seconds slower this year than last year. having only two weekends at Loudon this year might do that.