Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Paging Otto, Oslo, whoever you are.

Can you guys talk about stuff I can understand Where is Jeward or Degsy with their comments on all of this????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Originally posted by Collision pro
    You have to claim the whole $250.00 that was given to you for last place in both races?
    Sorry Mike, I won over a grand total

Originally posted by WebCrush
    Sorry Mike, I won over a grand total
    I don't see how, but if it is true it's not fair to the guys who come in top 10. They spend a shit load of money and time so I think they should only pay top 10. This way it would stop people like you from getting money for just riding around.

Collision Pros Racing

Go ahead and look up the purse amounts. They pay to 20th. Daytona pays significantly more than the rest of the events. Don't forget about contingency.

If you don't like the system, then knock yourself out getting it changed.

I will write a letter because that is bullshit. How do you feel taking money from guys that really need and deserve it.

Collision Pros Racing

whats your criteria for 'need'? Write all you like, the promoter determines the purse, not the AMA. While yer at it, why not suggest eliminating all the factory riders who take home most of the purse every event. They make millions a year--do they 'need' the extra purse money or could that money be better used elsewhere.

In fact, why not suggest that the AMA set up a financial support center and maybe a soup kitchen too to help feed all those homeless racers.

In fact, why not suggest that the AMA set up a financial support center and maybe a soup kitchen too to help feed all those homeless racers.
    bWAAHAHHAA.....Finally...Adam made me laugh!

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

oddo/otto/olso/offo should really get some therapy about his blatant homo-erotic fantasies

The more Oddo sways towards the gay stuff....The more I think the real identity might be Lip....Cus he's deffinately a flamer.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

My criteria for need is someone that spends $200,000 on racing AMA because he has a chance of coming in top 10-5 if he does all of the rounds. Never mind the fact what it took him to get to this level. You know someone that would ride their heart out to try and win, not someone who buys their tires off ebay and stays in an inclosed trailer when racing and is happy to have no heart!

Yes this pisses me off because I know many rides that could use the money alot more and have alot more talant then you, so you are just taking away their chance by riding around trying to be cool!! Think of it that way!

Collision Pros Racing

Lew....Pm box is full!!

Collision Pros Racing

My criteria for need is someone that spends $200,000 on racing AMA because he has a chance of coming in top 10-5 if he does all of the rounds. Never mind the fact what it took him to get to this level. You know someone that would ride their heart out to try and win, not someone who buys their tires off ebay and stays in an inclosed trailer when racing and is happy to have no heart!

Yes this pisses me off because I know many rides that could use the money alot more and have alot more talant then you, so you are just taking away their chance by riding around trying to be cool!! Think of it that way!
    guess we should kick out half the paddock then. when you show up to an AMA event and realize that majority of the guys there are guys living out of cargo trailers and doing it for fun--then you can spout off.

Ok.... so now you want me to believe that AMA racers are only doing it for fun. You mean there not there trying their hardest to maybe get a factory ride. Wow... I guess all the times I went I got the wrong impression from the people I talked with.

Collision Pros Racing

Ok.... so now you want me to believe that AMA racers are only doing it for fun. You mean there not there trying their hardest to maybe get a factory ride. Wow... I guess all the times I went I got the wrong impression from the people I talked with.
    There about 10 guys there who are capable riders of gaining attention from support teams. Factory rides come from support teams.

The rest of the riders there are out there just racing for the moment.

I am close friends with Geoff May.. He finished 5th in the AMA Superbike points this year and won rookie of the year last year.

I can assure you he didn't spend 200k. Although, he and his (now) wife scrimped what they could to make each round in the hopes of attracting a suitable team to make an offer. He is one of the most gifted young talents on the track and is very deserving of every penny he wins. Showing his heart.. risking everything to make it big.

That being said. Mike I couldn't agree more. Give the money to the people who are busting their asses to make it to the top. instead of those who are "riding in the moment"

Scott Major
    Ferrari Fix it Club Racing
    ALMS, SCCA, LRRS, CCS, FUSA #'s 161, 62, 676, 661, 205, 12, 60, 89...

Karloff? Sidekick? FUCK YOU!! That cocksucker does not deserve to smell my shit!

I couldn't agree more with you RSV, Mike....I just read an article about Geoff May in this past issue of RRW.

PM box is now empty.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

Originally posted by RSVMILLE661
    I am close friends with Geoff May.. He finished 5th in the AMA Superbike points this year and won rookie of the year last year.

I can assure you he didn't spend 200k. Although, he and his (now) wife scrimped what they could to make each round in the hopes of attracting a suitable team to make an offer. He is one of the most gifted young talents on the track and is very deserving of every penny he wins. Showing his heart.. risking everything to make it big.

That being said. Mike I couldn't agree more. Give the money to the people who are busting their asses to make it to the top. instead of those who are "riding in the moment"
    Yes...this is my point! $200K is alittle much but it does cost big money to race AMA. You are trying to race with factory guys with endless money.

Collision Pros Racing

There about 10 guys there who are capable riders of gaining attention from support teams. Factory rides come from support teams.

The rest of the riders there are out there just racing for the moment.
    So....What are you doing out there??

Collision Pros Racing

Adam....Have you given up?

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

given up on what? when someone says anything of any merit i'll chime in, but its been pretty lame comments that really don't mean anything. half the shit i'm seeing now is just plain made up or silly.

say what ya like folks--i'm still out there doing it, and i don't see any of you fools involved.

say what ya like folks--i'm still out there doing it, and i don't see any of you fools involved.
    what's foolish about realizing you have no chance and can't possibly afford it w/o breaking the bank?

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

no, whats foolish is bitching about someone else who is doing it. Don't like what I'm doing? Who cares--you can't do a damn thing about it but bitch and moan.

Hold on just a second here..

Adam.. the last time I checked you have not competed in every round of the AMA SS FX SBK SSTK series. Props for being out there and "doing it" BUT.. Just because some of us are not out there YET is no reason to over inflate an ego. (if that were the case I should start a 4 page thread about my accomplishments with the SCCA, Grand AM / ALMS and Speedvision World Challenge series)

My argument (which I think holds merit) is when I see a young talented rider such a Geoff May, Opie Caylor, Jesse Janisch and others who make every round of the series fight for scraps in a tough series. Then I see the guys who show up for 1 or 2 rounds still get paid.. I feel this action is with out merit. What have you done to get paid other than show up. Hell if thats the case.. Look out AMA because here I come.

The difference here is that these guys in the top 10 who are young and scrappy should get more $$ because they are doing it not only because they love it (which I am sure you do as well) but they have the closest chance at making it with a bigger team.. The more $$$ they make the more competitive they get with the bigger teams.

I feel the AMA should instill a plan that requires that each rider commits and pre-registers to a minimum number of events before they are considered to get paid.

Can I get an AMEN!

Scott Major
    Ferrari Fix it Club Racing
    ALMS, SCCA, LRRS, CCS, FUSA #'s 161, 62, 676, 661, 205, 12, 60, 89...

Karloff? Sidekick? FUCK YOU!! That cocksucker does not deserve to smell my shit!

Scott, what you are suggesting would destroy the privateer system altogether. Only six people in FX did every event--3 ride for Honda (Duhammel, Zemke, Gobert), two for Suzuki (Haskovec and Pridmore), and one privateer (Hester) who never cracked the top 10.

Who are these young and scrappy riders who I took money from? In fact, Hester is the ONLY true privateer in the top ten for FX as every other rider was either a factory paid guy or on a support team. Go back to 20th and you only get TWO more privateers. 89 distinct riders entered races in FX for the 2004 season and I finished 36th in points. Are you going to suggest we toss the other 53 riders as well?

Its riders like me who can only do a few rounds local enough to drive to that support the AMA. Eliminate all incentive to race and you have a 10 person race which goes belly up after a year due to lack of participation.

As to your comment about inflated egos--you show me the thread where I said I'm the shiznit and you all suck. All I've said is I'm out there doing it, and to anyone who wants to criticize--hug a dick cuz I'm doing it and you're not.

And if you think you can just show up and get paid, yer sorely mistaken. You have to qualify for the event and to even OBTAIN your license is a challenge in itself (no, you can't just buy one for those who wish to suggest it). For anyone who thinks its that easy, I challenge you to come out and try--the issue is that none of you do, not even for a SINGLE event, let alone multiple ones.

For the record, the plan was to do Mid-Ohio, Laguna, and Atlanta which would have been almost half the series but a big screw in my shoulder forced me to change plans.

Never said Laguna was local, never said I planned to drive. I was offered a ride for my bike and gear for $250 and with frequent flier miles and a friend's place to stay, its not such a big deal.

And since I've made the grid everytime I've gone out for qualifying, there is no reason to think I would not have done the same there.