Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Paging Otto, Oslo, whoever you are.

nope, but i do find it scary that this guy has posts saved of mine from back in February. Kinda obssessed are we?

I also noticed in thread he posted that he was going to stop by at Summit and say hi. Wonder why he didn't

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

lie like a dog? i was mistaken by .2 seconds and thats lying like a dog?

Now....That's a good pic!!

Collision Pros Racing

they WERE cheaper, they may not be next year. RTS has been selling previous years 16.5" slicks for $250 a set for the last 2 years at a very reduced rate in an effort to unload them. They're just about out of those. Bru is trying to wholesale out the rest of the inventory by matching a better rear with an older front for a lower cost. He offered me the entire remaining inventory (22 pairs) for a one time price, which was a smoking deal, but I don't have that type of cash to unload right now.

They were mixed and matched sizes and compounds too, so worth less to me as well.

Next year 16.5" may or may not be the same price as 17" slicks. If they are cheaper again (selling 2004 stuff), great. If not, the previous savings already made my money back on the wheels (and no, they don't cost $3000, not even close--guys sell em used for 1k)

All of these tires don't matter because Adam can get the same tires as the factory guys get... Really just call RTS and you will see!!

Collision Pros Racing

don't confuse CAN with DOES

Ok then you order a set of the same tire as Mladin runs and we will see what yours look like. I will bet you they look nothing like his!

Collision Pros Racing

yer right, he runs a 205 rear, i only use a 195.

i have two sets of daytona tires in the trash that i can tell you are the same that honda would have used for q-ing. they chose a harder compound for the race, i just use soft all the time. (FX top teams have a gentleman's agreement not to use q-tires).

i mean c'mon--how many types of 16.5" tires do you think they bring to daytona, let alone make? jeez!

give it a rest already--do you think they cart around these tires in black bags under cover of night? i'm standing right next to the factory mechanic guys when they are picking up and dropping off tires. i can tell you for damn sure they DEFINITELY appear to be the same (only saying they appear the same to refute your statement that they don't even look the same). its not like they throw a big blanket over them to hide them from the public eye.

You are either very stupid or very gullable!

Collision Pros Racing

yes, i'm sure all those teams are mounting 10 sets of rim at a time with tires they have no intention of using--ONLY to trick us privateers into thinking they don't have special tires.

does lee harvey oswald also run this show or did you come up with this theory on your own?

I think the tire thing is like beating a dead horse. We think Adam is on drugs for thinking he can get the same rubber as the factory guys, and he thinks we are on drugs for thinking Dunlop makes different tires just for the factory guys.

I will say one thing Adam that made me laugh, but I didn't say anything at the time. On Gixxer.com didn't you say Bru called you before the VIR AMA event to see if you wanted any "Q" tires????
    Are you telling me this guy calls every AMA rider using Dunlop's to see if they need "Q" tires at a event? Even the last place finishers.
    I have no way of knowing if he did call you or not, but come on it sounds a little strange don't you think.

ok guys, go back and RE-READ what I've said in these post AND ONLY THESE POSTS. I don't want to get into whatever he said/she said on whatever other fucking forum or what not.

All I said is the tires LOOK the same because Mike said they would look completely different. You guys realize that they mount and have all there tires out in the open? They are not stacked in garages or hidden under trailers. You go there, you drop your rims and they pull the next tire off the stack and put it on your rim. I watch this happen, they don't go off to get some other 'tire' for the special guy.

As for the Q-tire: Bru called me prior to the DAYTONA event, not VIR. He thought I was going to be in SB, not FX. Bru keeps a close relationship with all Dunlop riders at ANY AMA event. How many riders do you think there are per event? Its not too hard to call 20-30 privateers (tops) before a weekend to see if they want a q-tire. Thats his job--to SELL stuff, not to show up and mount tires. He obviously doesn't call need to check with the Factory teams cuz they prebuy their stuff and there are a lot of other guys on Michelin and Pirelli too.

There is no way you are getting the same tire as Mladin...you are getting all the old shit they aready tried! Think about it...Why would they give someone running 15sec slower good tires when they can save them for the fast guys? I have been there and seen how they work so keep telling me you can get them and I will keep calling your bullshit, you are wrong on this because I have seen it with my own eyes! You may think you are getting the same but your not!

Collision Pros Racing

Thats his job--to SELL stuff, not to show up and mount tires. His job is also to sell the best and most expensive stuff to EVERY customer of his. He has no idea where someone is going to finish in a race, and frankly, I doubt he gives a shit either. If he thinks he can sell a tire, he's going to make the phone call. Is he supposed to be a future-teller to know that I was going to run off the track at VIR and lose a couple of positions? Is he supposed to know that Pridmore can't get his engine to last a race? No--he just sells tires and with the strong competition from other tire brands, he makes sure his customers are happy.

Mike, you can say all you want, but until I see you at an AMA event, I see no reason to 'believe' anything you say about it.

How about this--does Mike even know who to talk to about a set of Pirelli tires at a national event? I can tell you many times I've had this gentleman attempt to lure me away from Dunlop towards Pirelli. Guess what--he also doesn't care how fast or slow you are, he cares about if you are going to buy tires.

Adam,
    At a AMA event with Superbike, SuperSport, SuperStock, and FX you are telling me there are only 20-30 other guys ridding on Dunlop tires????? When I look at Roadracing World mag I see a lot more then 20-30 riders listed for all these classes???

Remember--a lot of guys run multiple classes. Some even do all of them. Pirelli has gotten a lot of privateers riders lately so they take up a lot of the slack. I think 20-30 privateers (true privateers, not support teams) is a good estimate but it depends on the event. Some races get more people, some get less.

You do make a good point Adam Dunlop is there to sell tires right!!!! So why and the hell would Bru say to you "I got the shit old Dunlop's that the factory guys used back in 95 if you want them, or you can buy the standard Dunlop tire. But NO WAY IN HELL WILL YOU GET THE FACOTRY TIRES". If he is there to sell tires he will tell you what you want to hear don't you think.

Just ran some numbers and only NINE out of the 28 riders in FX at VIR were on Dunlops. That includes every rider who entered the race.

Originally posted by WebCrush
    Mike, you can say all you want, but until I see you at an AMA event, I see no reason to 'believe' anything you say about it.

How about this--does Mike even know who to talk to about a set of Pirelli tires at a national event? I can tell you many times I've had this gentleman attempt to lure me away from Dunlop towards Pirelli. Guess what--he also doesn't care how fast or slow you are, he cares about if you are going to buy tires.
    Hell you don't even buy tires from anyone you talk about...Mr. Ebay! The sad part is I know more then you think, so I don't have to drop names... I just run faster then you and make you like the fool that you are!

Collision Pros Racing

OK, But FX doesn't have as many riders as the others classes does it?

they're all on par, except for SB. i'm crunching more numbers now.

and mike, i bought tires at daytona and at vir

17 out of 33 Dunlop riders in 600 supersport (more than half riding for factory teams though)

I guess the factory boy rubber didn't help you at either race!

Collision Pros Racing

18 out of 22 riders in 1000 SuperStock on Dunlops (12 factory riders)