Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Paging plasticweld

Banned

Paging plasticweld

Hey Bob, how about cutting a deal to paint the NESR racebike all white, with the yellow accents for the number plates? it doesn't have to be a perfect job as it is only a race bike (from 50 feet it will look fine).
    I'm not looking for free, but just for a bit of discount. One thing though, it needs to be quick, as I am racing on may 17th next. I will have some decals made up with your web address and phone number and put them on the bike. You should hopefully get some work from the track crashers out of that.

Degsy

[Edited on 5/2/02 by Degsy]

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Paging plasticweld

Sounds like an awesome proposition Degs! Bob, I hope you can work something out!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Paging plasticweld

I don't have any problem with helping you out. What type of damage? I don't have any problem with at least of 50 percent off the job.. I should also be able to rip around a couple of laps on it too Shipping is one of the biggest costs.. figure out how get it here,, I would offer to bring it back or pick it up when I go to Vt. but don't think it would fit on the bike,,, I already have decals for a race bike with our name and web address on them

Paging plasticweld

Fuckin' AYE sweet!!!!

Banned

Paging plasticweld

Bob, no damage. Just want to paint it white with yellow areas for the number plates. Fuel tank, front fairing, bellypan section and tail. It is Sharkskinz stuff. I will ship it all in a big box ups. If you book yourself on a trackday, you can take a few laps on it, no problem. You break it, you fix it :-)

Paging plasticweld

Don't tell my other customers this, but I'll start it the day I get it. If there is no damage and the stuff only needs minor work to get ready I should have it done in a day, biggest problem will be the panels have to sit a day or so to dry before I can shipback.. I can bake the paint so it should be ready to ship back sooner... Even if you figure it takes a few days to get here, sits here three with dry time, and then takes a couple of days to get back, you will be cutting it close for time..If you haven't already packed the stuff up, take a marker and draw on the parts were you want the number plates,, and how big.. I haven't done two that are the same yet...do you care what color yellow the plates are. and do you want it a bright white or a peal white.. I probably have 5 shades of white in stock and 4 or 5 yellows I could chose to use, or I could just make it look pretty,,,Your call

Banned

Paging plasticweld

That's awesome Bob. I will ship the parts out on Monday. Bright white would be fine, but if pearl is no more expensive I will go for that. There are already yellow parts on the bike and they are the areas that i want to stay yellow. A darker shade of yellow than is on it now would be better.

What is the address for shipping?

degsy

[Edited on 5/4/02 by Degsy]

Paging plasticweld

The address for shipping is
    Empire GP
    150 Mill St.
    Montour Falls N.Y 14865

I have a lot of Ducati yellow on hand, that should look good with the pearl white. I also have a bunch of the Honda pearl yellow which is a lighter shade.. take your pick, On the last race bike I did, I put a black boarder around the number plate to of set it off and give it a three dimensional look, I can send you pictures of it to see if you like,, Not like I would charge you for anything like that anyway,, If your skins are in close the the shape that the other guys were in, your bike should come out real sharp, post your e-mail if you like and I;ll send yout the pictures of the Team Elite racing Bike
    Also give me a list, or include what you want on there for decals, , I will put the decals under the clear. also send me a picture of where you want the decals located, I will put on the decals before I put on the clear. The clear coat admits a gas while it drys and would cause the decals to bubble
    I tried to talk JenR6 into a 500ES suzuki that I have for sale, she said she was looking for a 500.. I was hoping that she was interested, it would give you a way to get your plastic back fast and cheap..Bob

Banned

Paging plasticweld

Thanks Bob.

The email address is dasinclair@attbi.com.

A black border around the yellow would be sweet. also, I will send you the decals I will be getting on monday with the bodywork.

The tank and bodywork is currently painted. Do you want me to prepare it for you, and if so, how should I prep it (sandpaper/wet and dry, what grade etc etc).

I will mark on the bodywork where the decals should go.

degsy

Paging plasticweld

Dood! Set that shit up with the other 'E'! That one's gay!

Banned

Paging plasticweld

Well it's too fucking late now. No-one told me and the decals are already made.

degsy

Paging plasticweld

If you guys Email me a file with a picture of what the decal is supposed to look like I will have a new one made.. I need something to show the guy for him to copy..

Paging plasticweld

Degsy you got mail