Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

the wet/dry race report

the wet/dry race report

I had an awesome weekend!!

My one bad part of the weekend was I was in place for a third place trophy, but was greedy and wanted to get geno for 2nd, and hit the gas a fraction to early while leaned all the way over in the wet and lost the rear. It was a hard pill to take, but my fault, I lost it.

Saturday (dry), the bike felt like it was on rails! I finished 4th in Race 1 (GTO), and 13th in Race 5. I'm starting to get that aggressive feeling down and start to make passes, and getting on the gas alittle harder. I felt great on saturday and very pleased with my performance.

Sunday (rain). great start race 2, end up in 7th into turn one from the back row, and picked off a couple guys. Battled with the 3rd place guy for a couple laps, I passed him once, he got back back, then I finally got him in ten. Came into 11, saw geno exiting 12, I turned in for 11 hit the gas in the rear just went out. I was left without bike on almost the crubing of 11. I was so pissed. I was swearing in my helmet. The bike shift lever got broke, so I was done with 1 lap to go. I blew it for myself ...

Race 12, another great start from 2nd row, passed two on the outside of one and was in 5th ... had a nice battle with a guy for a couple laps, got by him and took off ... but by the time I got by the front 3 had put a huge gap on me and I wasn't able to catch up. Took 4th.

Rain racing is SO MUCH FUN! I was carrying such good cornerspeed. I was able to drag my knee around 3, 6, 8 and 10! What an experiance it is to be able to do that in the rain. It amazing how the dynamic of the field changes for some riders. I was riding at the front of the AM pack today ... it was ALOT of fun. I can't wait until I get up there in the dry. hehehe

I am very disappointed in my DNF for race 2 today, but such is racing ... I got greedy and it bit me. So be it ...

Tight turn 10 ... I like it alot! i think it was a nice change and also a spot where I was able to make up some ground. I needed work on my right handers, and this was great practice.

I really want to say congrats to Geno, Mike, and Justin for their amazing finishes this weekend! You guys rock! Congrats to Mark for a great first AM weekend, and to Neal for his first race weekend.

Those that were around on Sunday, thank you so much for putting on a great show, and then standing in the rain to watch me race! You guys make these race weekends the best! Awesome racing from everyone! Can't wait to do this again in a couple weeks!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the wet/dry race report

Saxman... good report, but you can keep the tight 10...

That's where I was strongest, now that's where I'm weakest... sucks for me.

the wet/dry race report

one thing I like about it was you had a straight drive into 11, which taught me how much faster I could take 11 (in the dry)

i hope that I will pick up some time in the normal turn ten and 11 with this new found knowledge