Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Penguin Practice and Rookie Race Info

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Penguin Practice and Rookie Race Info

There are a number of changes that we have made on Penguin Fridays for 2011...check out the details below. Also, if you have anyone you know who is going to race for the first time this season, be sure to note the changes to the Rookie Race for 2011.

ALL NEW Friday Practice Program for Licensed Racers
    The Penguin School worked hard to better utilize our Friday track time in 2011and as a result we have been able to improve our racer practice sessions to now include 6 sessions in 2011. These sessions will begin at 10:15AM and will run until the end of the day, and have 50% more track time than practice in years past. Friday practice rates will be $150 for signup at the track and $135 for pre registrations that are at least 10 days before an event. We do have a special 4 session practice on Thursday June 16th that will have limited group size and will cost $100 for pre-registration. To see the complete schedule, click here:

http://www.penguinracing.com/pages/2..._practices.cfm

LRRS Season Practice Pass
    There are also NHMS Season Passes available that will save you even more money and allow you to skip the registration line on Friday. Season pass holders simply take their bikes directly to tech each day. The season pass saves you $269 over the cost of at-track registration and esentailly gives you 7 practice days for the price of 5 - so even if you miss a practice or two, this package is still a great deal. To learn more, click here:

http://www.penguinracing.com/pages/2..._practices.cfm

Important: Rookie Race Now on Fridays
    Pengiun will now be holding the Rookie Race at the end of the day each Friday. If any of you know racers that are looking to start racing in 2011, please help spread the word about this new program. Students who take the school will now be able to walk away from the school 100% certified to race at LRRS and there is no extra cost for the rookie race for these riders. For Penguin students from last season or for racers who were certified at another school, the Rookie Race will be included for free in the cost of a Friday practice.

2011 Penguin School Package
    If you plan on signing up for practice with us on Fridays at the track, you could participate in this program for only a small premium per weekend! Open practice with access to all the help you need for only $50 extra per weekend. This package can be used to attend any 5 of these 8 events you choose for only $200/day (a $400 season savings). For more information on this package click here:

https://www.penguinracing.com/pages/...ckage_deal.cfm

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call or email info@penguinracing.com

Sincerely,

Eric Wood
    Vice President
    The Penguin Racing School Inc
    www.penguiracing.com
    978-400-4608

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Penguin Practice and Rookie Race Info

I emailed a few weeks ago and no one ever got back to me. I took the basic course 4 years ago but didn't get my license. I've been doing track days ever since. Can I do the advanced school and do the rookie race to get my license?

Pm sent

Same deal here. I have been racing USCRA for three seasons but did not get to take the rookie race the following Saturday. Can you help out what I can do?

Since you have been racing USCRA, you should be OK. Racing is different from someone who has just been doing track days. So, if you want a CCS license you should be fine to get one.

Thumbs up Re: Penguin Practice and Rookie Race Info

Excellent. I appreciate your speedy reply and info. I'll pick a date and finish up. Thanks again.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Eric,

Just spent a bunch of time looking at the Penguin site and your posts here on NESR trying to clarify Friday practice info.

Is the half day Friday practice 4 sessions starting at 1 PM (what the penguin page says), or 3 sessions starting at 2:30 PM (what we were told, and rode, at the track)? Can you pre-register for the half days on the website? Cost for pre-registration (if available) vs. at the track?

Just for information's sake the full day practices are $135 for pre-registration and $150 at the track correct?

I wish I could buy the season pass for the full day sessions, for the savings it offers, but work being what it is I can't be sure I'll make enough of them to make it worth it.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Figured part of my questions out by myself. The spot on the penguin site where it mentions 4 sessions starting at 1 PM is referring to the classic weekend NOT all the weekends. The cost listed on the site for the 4 session practice during the classic is $120 with limited spots available and preference given to season pass holders.

Joel

Last edited by tls25rs; 04-18-11 at 10:52 AM.

Right, all the Friday practices are all day (starting after 10AM) and run 6 sessions. $135 to pre register and $150 at the track. The season pass really is the best deal. We are going to have a short time offer to let anyone who practiced Friday to use your weekend one practice fee as the down payment on a season pass....but that will not be around for too long.

That half day was just for the Thursday of the national.....you are correct. All the others are all day practices (starting abot 10AM).

Anyone interested in the deal can call 978-400-8204 and talk to Cathy - she'll set you up.