Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

VP MS-93

VP MS-93

Just some you know I bought 5 gallons of this from a VP distributor and it cost me $8.00 per gallon so VP is really cutting us a deal @ $3.25 per gallon. The guy I bought it from was cheaper then VP at the track last year on U4 so I know this guy isn't screwing me.

Just want you to know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

VP MS-93

Hey Kip!

Not to be a negative nelly but with the way gas prices have been skyrocketing I highly doubt the VP will stay that low. Regular unleaded just hit $3.00 here today.

I hope you have washed your blue smurf outfit! See you in 2.

Mark Dages 454

CCS LRRS #454

VP MS-93

Gas will be in the 3's by Summa time.

No diggity

VP MS-93

but the bottom line is that VP is still cutting us a deal. if gas prices go up and they have to increase the price, thats the nature of the beast. if your race budget is so tight that an extra couple dollars a weekend will make or break your weekend, you picked the wrong sport.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

VP MS-93

+1

Couldn't have said it betta

VP MS-93

from what I understand the MS93 that is being done for LRRS, is not something you can buy anywhere else. It will not pass a test if LRRS officials decide to do one on your bike

VP MS-93

Quote Originally Posted by s a x m a n View Post
    from what I understand the MS93 that is being done for LRRS, is not something you can buy anywhere else. It will not pass a test if LRRS officials decide to do one on your bike

VP isn't making a special fuel just for LRRS. You can buy this from any VP dealer. They made that comment about testing because they can't monitor all of the VP dealers.

I just wanted to make a point that VP is cutting us a deal on this fuel. I was very shocked to see it sell for $8 compared to our price at the track of $3.25.

VP MS-93

ok, well it was said by Jerry and Co. that VP is blending a special MS93 for LRRS ... just going off what has been said on the NEAR list

VP MS-93

Quote Originally Posted by s a x m a n View Post
    ok, well it was said by Jerry and Co. that VP is blending a special MS93 for LRRS ... just going off what has been said on the NEAR list
    from what i got on the near list, they said VP dealers will reuse drums and its possible that you may get cross contamination of fuels. and that the fuel at the track is comming out of brand new drums

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

VP MS-93

I don't think the VP dealers reuse drums. They either have to buy 5 gallon pails, drums or buy in bulk 1,000 gallon min from VP. So they would need 18 drums just to put the 1,000 gallons into and no VP dealer is selling that much of 1 fuel to keep the drums around to reuse.
    The guy I bought mine from is right by the Seekonk speedway and he does buy C-12 in bulk and it comes right out of a normal gas pump because he sells so much of it to race cars and hot rods. Otherwise all the other fuel he buys is in NEW drums or 5 gallons pails.

I will be buying the fuel at the track but needed some now to get my bike remapped.

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

VP MS-93

The spec fuel is VP 93.1 not the same as what you bought. It can only be purchased from VP at the track. It is a different blend then the VP 93. Mapping should be similar though.

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

VP MS-93

So then VP is giving us basicly pump gas right? I tought it was strange they were going to charge us ony $3.25/gallon when it cost me $8.
    I also don't see them spending to much time on this blend if they are selling it for $3.25/gallon. I bet they make more profit per gallon on other fuels they sell compared to what they are selling this blend to us for.