Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Pre-Entry Open for LRRS4 - July 27-28, 2013

Re: Pre-Entry Open for LRRS4 - July 27-28, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by blackxxbird View Post
    I registered for my first races:

Doing the advanced school Friday...
    Novice Formula 2 - July 27-28, 2013
    Novice Rookie 2 - July 27-28, 2013

Kinda looking for a space in a garage with other people who will be racing in novice races if someones got a spot open and wants some cash. Still haven't met a bunch of people but I plan on sleeping up there and hanging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    For your rookie weekend, you can pit in the garage next to Gmd Computrack over in the center garages as part of Penguin's mentoring program, with other first weekenders.
    ^ this. However, you're welcome to pit with me out in the dirt if the garages are not to your liking. I'll be set up with krazy again (brian) who's running a mw in novices, at least for one more weekend, and carsick (doug) who's doing LW amateurs with me. Look for the black ATC trailer hitched to the gray sprinter RV.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackxxbird View Post
    I registered for my first races:

Doing the advanced school Friday...
    Novice Formula 2 - July 27-28, 2013
    Novice Rookie 2 - July 27-28, 2013

Kinda looking for a space in a garage with other people who will be racing in novice races if someones got a spot open and wants some cash. Still haven't met a bunch of people but I plan on sleeping up there and hanging out.

Will be on an R6:

Attachment 35376

(don't mind the mess of a garage or bodywork in progress)
    If you garage in Center 18 next to GMD i am right across from you in 6 and there are plenty of great, Knowledgeable people all around you that would be more than happy to give you a hand if you need anything even if its just the 10mm wrench you left at home on the workbench. welcome to the addiction!!!

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    ^ this. However, you're welcome to pit with me out in the dirt if the garages are not to your liking. I'll be set up with krazy again (brian) who's running a mw in novices, at least for one more weekend, and carsick (doug) who's doing LW amateurs with me. Look for the black ATC trailer hitched to the gray sprinter RV.
    which row? we have a bunch of amateur SV's in the first row as well (closest to T3).

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Quote Originally Posted by odduc View Post
    I am going to the Penguin school on Friday. I plan on entering as many races as I can with my R6.

10 years ago I crashed on entry to T3 and broke the entire right side of my body.

My goals for the weekend are to dip into the 1:24 range and not get broken again.
    It seems some of the novice (formerly amateur classes) have changed. It seems novice racers cannot race any GTs. Can anyone tell me all of the classes I will be eligible to run with the R6?
    you can do anything with a 2 (MW) or 1 (Unlimited). Rookie, Novice, Formula 1/2

Thanks for the replies!

I'm not sure where I'll pit, yet. However, I drive a black F150 and have an open trailer with a black/orange R6. I'll have my EZ-UP set up next to the truck.

Looking forward to getting back into the sport after spending the past 10 years on dirty bikes.

My name is John if anyone is passing by. See you all there!

see everyone in a few days
    Pre-Entry Open for LRRS4 - July 27-28, 2013-1014148_551197221584858_1430186892_n-jpg

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Looking forward to it

CCS #31

Jim, why do you garage in NHMS but not in NJMP?

sav, I'll take that space if it's still there, see you in advanced class in the morning to work things out?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Jim, why do you garage in NHMS but not in NJMP?
    The main garage in NJ has terrible power; more than two sets of warmers per side and the breakers pop. I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

you're welcome to pit with me out in the dirt if the garages are not to your liking. I'll be set up with krazy again (brian) who's running a mw in novices, at least for one more weekend, and carsick (doug) who's doing LW amateurs with me. Look for the black ATC trailer hitched to the gray sprinter RV.
    ^ never heard of this guy before, but the invitation stands
    Pre-Entry Open for LRRS4 - July 27-28, 2013-normal_the_outsiders_promo_017-jpg
    You'll get more guidance in the garages however.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    The main garage in NJ has terrible power; more than two sets of warmers per side and the breakers pop. I'm guessing that has something to do with it.
    I shared Garage#3 with Zev Ginsburg & Mark Fox at NJMP this past weekend and fortunately, there were plenty of empty garages available for us to run long extension cords & each have our own dedicated power outlet for our set of tire warmers. Even still the circuit breakers kept popping, so Zev ended up using his Honda Generator run just outside our garage. The garages were certainly "Much Cooler" than pitting out in the dirt with ez-ups...

Last edited by wheelieman14; 07-24-13 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieman14 View Post
    I shared Garage#3 with Zev Ginsburg & Mark Fox at NJMP this past weekend and fortunately, there were plenty of empty garages available for us to run long extension cords & each have our own dedicated power outlet for our set of tire warmers. Even still the circuit breakers kept popping, so Zev ended up using his Honda Generator run just outside our garage. The garages were certainly "Much Cooler" than pitting out in the dirt with ez-ups...
    Hi Bob! Yeah it's a good then Zev brought that generator, but the grass, while hot, does have great power. 20A actually means 20A out there. I dunno who did the electrical in that garage in NJMP, but two sets of woodcraft warmers is 1000Wx2=2000W/120V=16.67A and the signs clearly say don't run more than 20A. It's total garbage.
    I really appreciate all the help, I thought through the problem in the bike and the filter in the carbs makes total sense for what the bike was doing. I could get it to run just fine in the pits because I never had a sustained load on it long enough to drain the bowl, and the restriction in flow must have been enough on that little filter that running hard on the track drained one of the bowls, but not enough to keep the bowl from filling back up when I was between pulls trying to test it out.
    The tank is at a shop getting cleaned and coated right now. I'll be ready to go for Loudon, thank you for steering me toward the fuel problem and not chasing electrical the whole time.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMarine View Post
    Hi Bob! Yeah it's a good then Zev brought that generator, but the grass, while hot, does have great power. 20A actually means 20A out there. I dunno who did the electrical in that garage in NJMP, but two sets of woodcraft warmers is 1000Wx2=2000W/120V=16.67A and the signs clearly say don't run more than 20A. It's total garbage.
    I really appreciate all the help, I thought through the problem in the bike and the filter in the carbs makes total sense for what the bike was doing. I could get it to run just fine in the pits because I never had a sustained load on it long enough to drain the bowl, and the restriction in flow must have been enough on that little filter that running hard on the track drained one of the bowls, but not enough to keep the bowl from filling back up when I was between pulls trying to test it out.
    The tank is at a shop getting cleaned and coated right now. I'll be ready to go for Loudon, thank you for steering me toward the fuel problem and not chasing electrical the whole time.
    Mark
    Hey Mark, Glad all that troubleshooting finally paid off! I have Dyno time scheduled this afternoon to sort out my Dyno Jet Power Commander III USB on SV680 SuperBike. Hopefully, I can get John at Dyno Solutions to re-initialize the PC3, reflash it with a firmware & put my saved map back in it to have a baseline to work with. Also having a good dyno run will certainly help me understand what part of the powerband I should be running in, unlike NJMP where I basically just short-shifted everywhere... Good Luck this weekend at Loudon & stop by Garage# 22 North, when you get a chance.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    which row? we have a bunch of amateur SV's in the first row as well (closest to T3).
    Um third? Not sure really, I'm still a noob so I don't know how the rows are defined. I'm on the second "road" from the bathrooms so 3rd row if you're defining row 1 as being closest to t3

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    ^ never heard of this guy before, but the invitation stands
    punk

Um third? Not sure really, I'm still a noob so I don't know how the rows are defined. I'm on the second "road" from the bathrooms so 3rd row if you're defining row 1 as being closest to t3
    We're first row inside the fence from the bathrooms, so you're in the next row over I guess, I'll try to find you and say hi.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

anyone can help a brother with a front stand for the weekend? (F3 front end)

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    We're first row inside the fence from the bathrooms, so you're in the next row over I guess, I'll try to find you and say hi.
    Cool man, just look for the braindead dogs in the black trailer, can't miss me.

If you had said something before, oh, THURSDAY I could've sent two up with Kurtz. What happened to yours?? Use ratchet straps if you get in a bind.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

I've got one not too far from the track. Lemme know if you need it. From what I can tell you need a standard pin + #1 adapted with a pitbull stand.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234