Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NJMP Lightning-who has raced there???

NJMP Lightning-who has raced there???

Bro's,

I am thinking about racing at NJMP lightning later this summer. I can't do the one on june 25th due to House renovations etc...

After watching races on youtube it seems like a very very fast course. Do they have the same type of process where loudon usually has a penguin trackday on friday to get familiar with the track and pick your lines etc?????
    It goes without saying that I wouldn't want to figure it out on a raceday.....

What do you like about it compared to loudon????? Dislike????

It seems like a crap load of righthand turns, does that screw anyone up??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    AM#220

99 cbr 900 street
    02 sv 650 race

Re: NJMP Lightning-who has raced there???

promotion runs the friday practice and have to sign up thru their website. lightning is alot of fun and yes its fast. tons of grip, i cant remember ever sliding there. it has a good flow to it specially once you get up to speed with alot of passing places. the blind corners are good once you learn the lines and trust yourself. think i have atleast 15 track days and last years ccs race there and still love to ride there, much more then thunderbolt. t1 entry is much faster then you think & drops away on the exit and you wheelie without even trying. t2/3 taken as 1 long turn. several lines going into the blind right, great place to pass. the long right after is much faster then you think just keep up shifting towards the bridge. another passing place into the left. another sorta blind kink towards the lightbulb turn, passing everywhere. lightbulb turn has many lines, 1 long turn, get into it hot and double apex it. just come out of it with alot of speed up the hill. oh and it doesnt compare to loudon. loudon to me is more point and shoot/ motocross/ hope you dont crash in 4-5 different turns. lightning is fun, has a good flow to it and on smaller bikes you can keep the momentum up to turn fast laps

Last edited by DStuff101; 06-11-10 at 09:26 AM.

and runs clockwise with a lot of rights, so great practice for Loudon T3/T10

Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Excellent info! Thank you! I was under the impression it was flat but I was very surprised to see small elevation changes.

Since ccs doesn't have novices like lrrs, what is an average time for an amatuer?

AM#220

99 cbr 900 street
    02 sv 650 race

from myracingbio.com last years lightweight amateur top 5 were 1:15-1:19 range, only a couple laps were 1:15 range most of the rest were 17-19's. the hill heading to the front straight is a decent size. on my 848 was coming over the top in 5th with the front end getting light. its fast, 1.9mi & at the front of amateur pack were running 1:10-12's. imho its worth the trip more then thunderbolt