Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Race/ crash report

Race/ crash report

Well, well, well. So much for my relatively crash free season. I did crash a couple months ago in the rain, but that was minor (I got up and finished the race). This time, I went down hard in turn 3 after being crashed into by BJ Worsham on his EX during second practice on Sunday. He says he had committed himself to the inside of 3 when someone else took the inside line to pass me and made him go onto the rumble strip at the apex. He lost traction and plowed his front wheel into my exhaust and swingarm. This made me begin a low side, which turned into a highside. The bike and I separated and I tumbled to the tire wall (without hitting it). BJ went down as well.

The right side of the MZ was shaved of any protruding components, including the footpeg, shifter, clip-on, and it bent the steering damper bolt to the frame. The MZ has some battle scars on the tank, seat and tail. Luckily, that was it. I am mostly fine with a sore rib cage, shoulder and hip and a slight bruise on my shin. I never hit my head. I never hit my head. Oh, I already said that, didn't I. :-)

As far as the rest of weekend, I did a 1:23.5 in practice, which is good, but I was gunning for a 1:22, so I was a bit disappointed. My 2 races could have gone better. I was riding somewhat tentative and my lap times showed with 1:24s and a 10th and 9th place finish in GP singles and LW Sportsman, respectively.

#375 EX MZ

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Race/ crash report

ken,
    glad you're okay. Are ypu planning on fixing the MZ up, I know you were talking about getting rid of it.

rough weekend for me as well, althought no crashes, just a seized ex500 motor

Race/ crash report

Ken, sorry to hear about the incident ... atleast you are doing alright.

If you don't have a bike to ride for the Oct. track day and feel like taking my 600RR for a rip please just let me know. I'm sure it would like to see some decent laptimes (=

Race/ crash report

Thanks guys. The MZ is almost back together already. It was mostly cosmetic, except for the clip-on and footpeg bracket. I think it'll take more than a highside in turn 3 to keep the MZ off the track. Luckily I can say that about me as well.