Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My race/crash report

My race/crash report

So after about a year of open practice days I decided to go for it and get my race license. Got up there late friday night and got my stuff together. Early morning register for rookie race and novice HW supersport. Did my rookie race and beside killing the start and popping the front end up letting about 8 people pass me I was pretty good. I managed to make up the ground I lost on the start and was in 3rd by the end of the race.

I decided on the HW SS cause there were less people than in the 600 SS class and most people were still running 600's. Again popped the front end up on the start and let a bunch of ppl pass me. I did my thing and was feeling pretty good made up ground on a few people and was following/trying to pass this guy in front of me. I was on his ass all the way around the track for a lap and a half but he kept managing to pull on the straight. I would work my way back up to his rear tire waiting for a pass but then the straight would come and Id be left behind.

Im following this guy from 7-11 and thinking as soon as he makes a mistake between 11 and 12 cause he was going kind of slow through there I would take him. He went wide into 11 which caused him to go exit 12 really wide so I figured that was my chance I hit 12 right at the apex and got on the gas. Must have got on the gas too fast/too hard cause next thing I know I see the horizon tilt and feel something smack my leg/hip. I went down right at the end of T12

So Im down and sliding down the front straight and the first thing that pops into my mind is SHIT stay down and get to the outside of the track. I try to army crawl to the outside but start tumbling cause I was still rolling. Once I stopped I check for traffic coming and all foured it over to the left and up onto the air fence. I saw the marshalls taking my bike to the side and waited out the race.

The Damage:
    My suit held up pretty good and my gear did well for injuries. Not really anything much other than a cut on my little toe from my boots and a sore left shoulder from hitting. The bike looked like it faired pretty well and I was able to get it started and ride it back to my pit. That was it for me for the day.

I started inspecting the bike today for damage. It looked mostly like cracked plastics and bent clip on rod but after taking the plastics off I found I cracked my upper fairing stay and broke the back rod off that goes across the subframe. The subframe was an easy fix I sawzalled off the back 4 inched that was broken bent and its good as new. Im gonna need a new upper fairing stay, clip on, and about 4-5 hours of fiberglassing but I shoulf be alright.

Sucks that I crashed in my first race but thats cause I was more focused on beating the guy in front of me than focusing on my riding. From the rookie race to the HW SS race I finally got some lap times for refference. Rookie race my best lap was 1:30.06 and my last lap before I crashed in the HW SS was 1:26.07.

Next month probably do 2-3 races and try to not crash. If anyone has a 99-02 r6 fairing stay let me know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My race/crash report

Congrats on your first race. Let me be the first novice to welcome you to the club.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

My race/crash report

Did the rear tire break loose or simple low side?

My race/crash report

joe?

My race/crash report

Quote Originally Posted by 185champ View Post
    joe?
    Yep this is Joe.

My race/crash report

Quote Originally Posted by CMG41 View Post
    Did the rear tire break loose or simple low side?
    Gave it way too much gas and the tire broke loose. The whole left side of my tire is now completely smooth.