Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How much does your race number mean to you?

Re: How much does your race number mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    I concurre.

Seems stupid to allow someone to keep a number of they run one race a year. They are not active in that race community anymore and there are only so many 2 digit numbers.
    On the flip side...

What is the point of a 2 digit?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    On the flip side...

What is the point of a 2 digit?
    I know it doesn't really mean anything to have it, but it was definitely another reason to get bumped to expert for me. Something only an expert racer could have.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

The only number I’m concerned with is my lap time and i know i’ll never get that one....my time has past.

2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    The only number I’m concerned with is my lap time and i know i’ll never get that one....my time has past.
    As long as your lap time isn't your race number!

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by iTGbuDeeV View Post
    I had 609 since i started in 2014. I was eligible for a 2 digit this year and wanted 69, but it was taken, so I got 60. I regretted it instantly. Put back in for 609 this year, no idea if its available
    Its been "taken" since 2007 and, sorry to say, I've still got a few more good years left in me with LRRS. Did someone say they're bringing back the MW F50 class and maybe starting a MW F60 class?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

I believe we have enough riders to support an F60 class but the club has to many races to run as it is. LRRS might be one of the only clubs that run an F50 class. Would be interesting to see how many 60 year old plus racers are still active with LRRS?

Last edited by MUZ720; 01-17-19 at 09:07 AM.

Im not going back to racing until my number is available again.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I pissed off some folks when I took my single digit number shortly after the expiration rule began. One even confronted me about it. I’ll miss it when it’s gone but if I’m not racing then someone else deserves to have a chance to wear it with pride. Maybe some day I’ll get a chance to try to earn it back

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I pissed off some folks when I took my single digit number shortly after the expiration rule began. One even confronted me about it.
    That's some BS.

Signed,
    -Every NV/AM racer you ever helped out

My two-digit number means a lot to me, for nearly as much of a non-reason as the reason I chose it. Regardless of my personal "relationship" with my own number, and very close friends' issues with numbers in very recent past, the rules are the rules. And more importantly, said rules aren't made in a vacuum. We all have at least a single opportunity to influence the rulebook at the annual meeting; and if you can't physically make it in person, send comments to the officials or a friend who will be at the meeting; and if not, email the officials prior to the meeting; and if not, bring it up at a one of 14 Riders' Meetings.

2018 was my personally first "Rulebook Meeting" in seven seasons of racing, and after seeing the relative openness of the discussions, and the relatively very limited racer participation, I intend to participate more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    I believe we have enough riders to support an F60 class but the club has to many races to run as it is. LRRS might be one of the only clubs that run an F50 class. Would be interesting to see how many 60 year old plus racers are still active with LRRS?
    I think we do have enough F60 riders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Im not going back to racing until my number is available again.
    Good; maybe you'll be less ugly by that time......
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I pissed off some folks when I took my single digit number shortly after the expiration rule began. One even confronted me about it. I’ll miss it when it’s gone but if I’m not racing then someone else deserves to have a chance to wear it with pride. Maybe some day I’ll get a chance to try to earn it back
    Those folks are stupid. LMK who they are so I can re-confront them.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Animal Hill Super Motard Champion Johnny B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    I believe we have enough riders to support an F60 class but the club has t0o many races to run as it is. LRRS might be one of the only clubs that run an F50 class. Would be interesting to see how many 60 year old plus racers are still active with LRRS?
    The USCRA runs Masters (50-64) and Super Masters (65+). Plenty of old people around, the oldest I've seen was Ed Fisher a couple of years ago. He was 92.

Johnny B. (the other one) ®
    Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
    Super Motard Champ 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985

Visit the Rest Home: http://resthome.50megs.com

"Listen to your ass, it's giving you lots of information!" - Buddy Melges

One way to run f60 is as another wave mixed in with f50. I do agree, we do have quite a few races in a weekend, though.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

i chose mine as a thank you to Degsy for helping me get started in racing. It was his number back when he raced.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Similar question- how much of your identity and self-worth do you have tied up in racing? I only did it for a few years and it was still surprisingly difficult to pull the plug and move on when the time came.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Regarding race numbers, how does everyone feel about the LRRS rules regarding how long a number, pretty sure it only applies to single and double digit numbers, can be kept by someone that isn't racing on a consistent basis any longer? Also, how about someone who didn't send in their renewal in time and someone else requested their number so they lost it.

Every year between renewal time and the first race weekend of the season I hear/see the complaints/posts about people losing their race number and being all grumpy about it.

My opinion/s:

Losing the number because you no longer race enough to meet the requirements, there are only so many single and double digit numbers available and for some it is a goal to achieve that "status". If you aren't racing consistently any longer then you should let someone who is racing to the required level of the rule book use the single or double digit number, or start racing more.

Didn't renew in time and lost your number, oh well, everyone knows what the renewal deadlines are and if you can't get your act together and someone gets it then that is on you. This is especially true if the person doesn't even know you from Adam. If the person knows you then sure it could be considered a dick move but still the deadlines are pretty clear when the renewal packets are sent out.
    I agree that the rider should be active, but shouldn't be forced to participate in 50% of the LRRS season. What about the riders that compete in other CCS/ASRA regions, but have to get their number assignment through LRRS? Not me, but I know of other New England based riders that compete outside of LRRS and will now be forced to race in 4 LRRS rounds every 2 years, just to keep their number that they use nationally.

It's complete crap.

EX 105

You're a special case Jim, I would tell LRRS to pound sand and go back to licensing directly through CCS as you're not an LRRS racer other than a one off per year, but you ARE contesting other CCS regions. (Same for any other NE region riders, if you're not contesting LRRS, register through CCS for the region you ARE competing in.)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Similar question- how much of your identity and self-worth do you have tied up in racing? I only did it for a few years and it was still surprisingly difficult to pull the plug and move on when the time came.
    I haven't raced since 2015 and I still think about it all the time. My desktop background is still a picture of me railing turn 1 with my knee puck on the curbing. It definitely hurt when I had to step away, but considering the other more pressing things going on in my life at that point I did it with zero hesitation. I hope to be able to come back to it, very good chance in 2020.

My race number itself is somewhat important, 910 is the area code from my region of North Carolina. If I were to register again and 910 was taken, I would be mildly perturbed.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    You're a special case Jim, I would tell LRRS to pound sand and go back to licensing directly through CCS as you're not an LRRS racer other than a one off per year, but you ARE contesting other CCS regions. (Same for any other NE region riders, if you're not contesting LRRS, register through CCS for the region you ARE competing in.)
    not just me. I know of some other New England based riders that compete in other regions. Example: the ASRA Team Challenge series. Norman and his teammate both have 2 digit numbers, and will now be forced to race LRRS more frequently just to keep their numbers. They race 8+ times a year in all CCS regions. But because they live in LRRS land, they are now tied to this LRRS rule.

There are others (not me) in the same boat. I'm not effected because i have a 3 digit number, and the new LRRS rule only pertains to 2 digit numbers.

EX 105

The two digit rule isn't new, just revised after being dropped last year.

I think if people are racing more outside of lrrs than in lrrs, just get a license through ccs and run an x on your number plate when you come here.

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    I think if people are racing more outside of lrrs than in lrrs, just get a license through ccs and run an x on your number plate when you come here.
    you have to go through LRRS. I used to send my paperwork to Texas, and i had two LRRS directors contact me saying i have to send them my paperwork, so they can send it to Texas. It's an LRRS thing that they are requiring riders to participate in their series, in order to keep the CCS number.

EX 105

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    you have to go through LRRS. I used to send my paperwork to Texas, and i had two LRRS directors contact me saying i have to send them my paperwork, so they can send it to Texas. It's an LRRS thing that they are requiring riders to participate in their series, in order to keep the CCS number.
    Right, but those LRRS directors have NO AUTHORITY to force you to go through them. They can pound the table all they want, at the end of the day LRRS is the oddball affiliate, not CCS proper. Send your paperwork to Texas, put your region as the primary one you're competing in. If you're not racing LRRS, you don't have to go through them. If I decided to only race in FL while continuing to live in Maine, you can bet I'd be getting my license in FL.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Right, but those LRRS directors have NO AUTHORITY to force you to go through them. They can pound the table all they want, at the end of the day LRRS is the oddball affiliate, not CCS proper. Send your paperwork to Texas, put your region as the primary one you're competing in. If you're not racing LRRS, you don't have to go through them. If I decided to only race in FL while continuing to live in Maine, you can bet I'd be getting my license in FL.
    that was my argument with Brenda, especially when LRRS didn't send my paperwork to Texas in time for Daytona one season.

The new 2 digit rule also seems frustrating to others in my situation. There are 2 digit AM/EX that live in New England, but dont compete with LRRS. Now they are forced to race at NHMS, just to keep their number.

EX 105

Just send your paperwork to Texas, list mid Atlantic as your region, sign up for lrrs races when you plan on racing. Done.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    For me it was surprisingly easy. I do miss parts of it but not other parts. I figure I came in from nothing. Made it to race with the fast guys. Got a 2 digit number. Knew I wasn't going to race much if at all again for a while. So I gave it up for someone else to use that will probably go faster then I ever did. I'd rather see it go around the track then sit in my garage. I figured I made it all the way from novice to expert once before I can do it again if I have to in the future.

James

I started with 182... then 187 because I renewed too late... then 82 when I became expert... then 81 because I renewed too late.

I wouldn't mind getting 82 back, but 81 is "one place better" and it's easy to cover up the 8 if I wanna be a pretentious dbag and run the #1 in the classes I'm defending

It kinda sucks losing your number. It's happened to me twice, but through my own fault, not rulebook changes.

-Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast