Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My race report

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

My race report

A little late but I've been busy

Thursday nite consisted of unloading a trailer of pressure treated lumber for my deck before loading the bike trailer. By the time I had packed my gear and clothes it was 11:30, time to hit the sack.

Friday morning work schedule was planned for 1/2 day of work which seemed to drag. Finally time to leave , Yahoo get me out of here! Stopped at the local Subway for a tuna grinder for the ride up. Made good time with traffic being fairly light. Stopped at the State Liquor store for some Captn' Morgan. Arrived at the track around 3:00. Paid the entry fee and picked up my transponder & Tech inspection sheet ( man I love pre-registration ).
    I started to unload my bike when I saw Degs come in off the track followed by Kevin. Assited Degs & Kevin with the sprocket change and finished unloading my gear. Rode over to Tech inspection and came back to find Kevin and Degs trying to locate the ticking noise. This was just the begining of a long nite. We decided to go to dinner around 9:00- 9:30 and make our decision on a full stomach.
    With Kevin finding the worn cam lobe there was nothing left to do but go back to Wapole,MA to Kevin's shop. By the time I hit the sack it was 3:30.

Saturday morning Degs woke me around 6:00 giving me just enough time to shower and then head over to Kevin's. Needles to say we missed both practice sessions.

I had made previous arrangement with Ryan to install a front brake master cylinder which he had lyin around before my first race. With the help of Ryan, Degs, and Bob we were able to install an bleed the system . What a difference it made, very little squeezing needed.

First race for me was Race # 8 LW Sportsman. I had a decent grid position but got a shitty start. I could feel the effects of lack of sleep and the heat as I felt like I was going to puke. I was never in the running for any points but managed to drop 2 seconds off my time ( maybe I should get less sleep more often ).

My second race was Race # 13 Production Twins . I had a real good grid postion for this race but just before they let us out for our warm up lap the rain started to fall. All of the grid people ran for cover leaving us on the hot pit grid . The rain turned into a downpour and we finally were led off the track. I got back to the pit area only to find everyone huddling under the tent. I then realized that my truck windows and rear hatch were wide open . We all stayed under the tent holding it down as the rain and wind intensified along with the lightening breaking all around. Not a very good combination but not much else that could have been done. Needless to say the remaining two races were cancelled .

Saturday nite festivities were held at Collision Pros garage hosted by Christina and Gerard with all the cooking done by the Master Chef Sean assisted by Leah. Food was plentiful ( pasta salad was great Leah ).
    After Degs, Rye, Sean, Leah, and myself headed back to the Stonner hacienda .

Sunday morning I was was the first one up only to see that it was still raining. I shaved & showered, then headed upstairs to find everyone still sleeping. I sat down on the recliner for what seemed just a few minutes only to be woken by Degs. Leah offered to make us some breakfast (eggs, ham, & cheese on english muffins) . Thanks Leah as that really hit the spot . We left late for the track thus missing morning practice (besides my rains hadn’t been mounted). I went to the riders meeting to findout that race 13 from Saturday was now going to be the second race of the day. I got back to the pit area and started to change my dry tires for rain tires with assistance from Gordon ( thanks Gordon ). I had a decent grid position and managed to get a better start than yesterday. I managed to get by Heath on lap 2 coming out of turn 2 heading for the chute, and continued to dice it up with him until he re-took me on the last lap coming out of turn 2. Finished in 6th to get 7 points .

My second race wasn’t until race # 11 Formula Forty Lights. Dan (legalspeed ) Formula Forty, Mark (R7)Thunderbike and myself were in this race as well . I was gridded in the last row and managed another lousy start. I managed to get 4th out of 4 with no points.

All in all it was a great weekend with some additional points gained and some seconds off my lap times .
    Thanks to all who came out and especially to all those who helped, it couldn’t have been a success without your help.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

My race report

Nice job John!
    Keep on digging!!!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

My race report

Nice report John!!

Ha ha ha, they ran and left you in the rain! That's funny!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486