Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Last Race report & season wrap up

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Last Race report & season wrap up

OK. so as far as weather goes this weekend sucked. but as far as wet weather goes it was pretty good. throw the rains on and GO!
    I snag up a garage for the weekend as i knew it was gonna be miserable. i borrowed a GSXR 600 from Mike (imkindafkdup, thanks again) but had no rains for it so i knew that i wasnt going to be running it in MWSS, but ive got the SV and its ready to go.

Sat.
    i skip practice since i had some shit to do..like get the bike ready. but im up in race #4...MWSS..on the SV.

Race #4 MWSS
    i get gridded in the back...the way back..last in fact. Denno is 2 rows ahead of me and to the outside. oh yeah...its pouring. green drops and im off. good start and im on Dennos ass into T1 (apparently i passed Arcy through here also ) i think "good, just stay with him", we enter T3 and i go by on the brakes, "that works too". i stay with a guy on a 848 with no signs of Denno and i just kinda cruise after a couple attempts to get by the Duc i decide that i dont need to. then some AM passes me into T3, "see ya". i watch him go into the bowl and attempt a pass on the outside of the Duc...they collide..Duc finds dirt then cuts right back out onto the track. he ends up pitting in after that and i cruise home to a 7th sweet! with a lame best lap of 1:35
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkG9d9ZJunQ

Race #12 LWGP
    no vid of this though i wish i had. lens was fogged and i didnt want to clean it. still pouring rain. i get a good start and get past Nate and then Jersey on the outside of T6 and just kinda put my head down. before i know it im in a battle for 4th with Cory Hildebrand. hes on a RS250. i was faster EVERYWHERE except a straight line. we would come out of 12 and that bike would hit the pipe and disappear. i tried but couldnt get around him. Finished 5th, got wood and dropped to a 1:30.0 lap.

Sun
    i hear open practice going and spin some laps on the SV then do a session on Jays motard and manage to click off a couple 1:30s in the rain.

Race #4 LWSB
    this is my "Premier" race. ive done this all season and am tied with Jersey of 10th in points.its still wet and kinda raining. i get a good start and find myself behind a motard who is behind Doucette. usually by T3 the leaders are a distant memory but to my shock..after dragging knee in the bowl and T9 i finish lap 1 right behind the leaders. i come round the 2nd lap and see Jersey in the grass..he walking. i make a couple of attempts to get past the motard and eventually do when he fucks up T11 and i motor past on the straight on lap 3 and take 6th. i put some space between us and simultaneously start to reel in Doucette. i inch closer and closer and as i come around to take the halfway flags when booooooog i lose a cylinder. now im on just the back slug, putting around i lose place after place and finish in 10th. very disappointed, and can only wonder what wouldve happened. i dont think i couldve passed Doucette and even if i did, i pretty confident that he wouldve just passed me back. so close yet so far. before the motor went south i managed a 1:27.5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJmvnMBcUtw

Race #9 ULSB
    im on Jays Motard for this one and its kinda wet but not raining. ive got rains on but Jays up after me and i dont want to cook them so the plan is to take it easy unless i find myself in the hunt for something. flag drops and i go. i think im last but further investigation shows a couple behind me. Alex is gone. first 1 bike ahead of me then 2 then..ahh fuggit...i guess i aint catching him. i come round for lap 2 and theres a waving yellow in T2. i round the bend and see a yellow RMZ sparking and sliding its way up the track then bouncing off the wall. i look down and see Alex sliding backwards on his belly lying flat....and staring at me. i avoid him and keep going. i do a few more laps and it starts raining and the track immediately gets slick. i come through T10 and get the red flag. i pit in and see Ginos bike in the middle of the straight and hes on the wall. game over.
    i finish 5th but only manage a 1:30.6

my goals for the season were:
    finish top 10 in race- DONE
    18s- DONE
    finish top 10 in points- DONE
    get a trophy- DONE

overall a good season. i had fun racing my friends and hanging out. cant wait for next year. i managed to get some points this year (18) couldve had more if it werent for the black flag and dropped cylinder but ill take 10th in points in LWSB. is it April yet?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Re: Last Race report & season wrap up

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Alex is gone. first 1 bike ahead of me then 2 then..ahh fuggit...i guess i aint catching him. i come round for lap 2 and theres a waving yellow in T2. i round the bend and see a yellow RMZ sparking and sliding its way up the track then bouncing off the wall. i look down and see Alex sliding backwards on his belly lying flat....and staring at me. i avoid him and keep going.
    Oh my bike *did* hit then? Whoops, didn't know, I thought it stopped before then. Thanks for not hitting me bro I was literally saying 'don't hit me Travis, don't hit me Oxx' as you guys went by. heh.

Good riding man, grab a motard again next year in the dry and we'll have some real fun.

Congrats on hitting the goals.

Boston --> San Diego

i think it hit tires first.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

So what's the verdict on the SV motor?

nice man. hell of an expert weekend/season. congrats.

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    So what's the verdict on the SV motor?
    pulled the front plug cap and got the water out. ran fine after that.