Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

second of the first (ever) race reports

Lifer

In the same boat as gordon, I hung around at the old NESR canopy a bit last year, rocked out a few loudoon trackdays and did some corner working. I've wanted to be on the track since long before I had ever even seen it. So this winter I budgeted out and saved while building up a 600RR.

I got up bright and early and drove to the track for the penguin school. Dropped off a few things to the guys I decided to team up with and headed over for the penguin school. Class room, everything went fine (except whoever the obnovious know it all was in the front row with me who was really getting on my nerves) Once we got running and out on the track things stopped looking so bright. I got black flagged out of every ride behind, my one on one ride behind instructor crashed in front of me in turn 12. My bike was pouring smoke as soon as I'd get it on the track. Each time my team and I would pull something apart and fix something else thinking we had it, then back on the track and smoking again. So to be sure I got the required sessions in Heath let me take the Yammy 426 out. Thanks again Heath!

I ran it for half a practice on friday, then ran the rookie race saturday morning. Practiced a good start off the grid then just tip toed around the track, seriously....just whispered through the corners. Brian Oxx, a rider on board with us told me he wanted to see me in last, "no matter what". Well i didn't make last since a goy on a GP went down right in front of me. ( I heard later the banjo on his rear brake backed out, they did pass him through the school with the given conditions) So I finished the race and had to at least register for one other to get my license, I did and Heath insisted I run the race, even though I wasn't even required to grid. I'm glad a ran it since I ended up getting 2nd place in lightweight supersport. Can't tell you how great of a feeling it is out there, not even winning but just racing. Being able to plan your passes, execute them whereever you want. I pushed a little but not much as I didn't want to wad up Heath's bike on him.

The rest of the day I just lent a hand wrenching, launching and recieving under our canopy. Went home and slept real good that night! Sunday I lent a hand in the morning, and cornerworked in turn 6 in the afternoon. Had a great time up there. Met a ton of people and saw most of the familiar faces. Didnt' know where Degs was pitted out otherwise I would have been by to see you and John. Gordon, I just now realized who you are...you came over to the picnic table when I was over there right?

Overall the guys I'm running with did great. Between 5 riders, 2 of which that only ran on two days we brought home 8 top 3 finishs. Congrats to Heath for taking 1st in his race, Dan for getting 4th (I think) after going down in turn 2 on one of the early laps and running the whole rest of the race in 2nd gear! And Brian and Jim as well for tearing it up. Again thanks to everyone, can't wait to see everyone up there again in May. Hopefully I'll be able to run my bike then and really see what I can do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

good write up...glad ya had fun....and it sounds like you shoulda bought a kawi

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Littering and........

Re: second of the first (ever) race reports

Originally posted by hessogood
    In the same boat as gordon, I hung around at the old NESR canopy a bit last year, rocked out a few loudoon trackdays and did some corner working. I've wanted to be on the track since long before I had ever even seen it. So this winter I budgeted out and saved while building up a 600RR.
    This sounds like a really cool skill, budgeting while building a bike. Can you teach me?

Sounds like you had fun, and you got your license, so good fuggin job!

Congrats on doing the school and your first race!

Now get that bike ready!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Re: second of the first (ever) race reports

Originally posted by hessogood

everything went fine (except whoever the obnovious know it all was in the front row with me who was really getting on my nerves)

I wanted to slap that guy...

Congrats on getting 2nd...that is awesome. It was good to meet you also...it will be fun to be on the track with you, so get that scooter straightened out.

I don't know about you, but my leathers and the rest of my gear is ALMOST dry. Man, I was soaked to the bone, but it was an awesome time.