Well, I had a great weekend, but...

Friday practice went well and I actually found my set-up lacking in this cooler weather. Chatter had appeared in 1a, 2, and 9 but I was able to correct it by taking a few clicks of rebound out of the rear.

I noticed that after each session my rear shock was not able to rotate at all right to left. The heim joint is failing. I don't know if this caused me to need the change, or the cooler weather, or both. Anyway, I got it working again and dialed in a sweet main jet for the weekend.

Saturday practice was OK, but the bike was sliding all over the place. In the second session, I just lost ALL edge grip. A soon as I leaned it, the bike would just skate to the outside. I usually get 2 weekends out of a set of Dunlops, but not this time. Fresh rubber mounted for the race.

Now for the BUT part. Eric Yoo was delayed in California because of the terrorist deal and didn't make it to race. Soooo I had a freebie. I decided to put my head down and see if I could better last times pace which I did quite nicely. I laid down a 16.7, 16.6, 16.8, 16.9 and then for some reason I decided that was enough and I sat up and cruised around for 3 laps to take the checkered. Now I have a slight regret of not keeping my head down to see how quick I could finish race distance. 10.25 was my best and I equaled that even cruising for 3 laps. I'm guessing I could have gone 10.20. Next time I won't ease up. I have a big points cushion now...

I had a blast watching some of you guys race. I can recognize quite a few NESR racers on track now. Rock on!