Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My comments on the weekend

Banned

First off, of course is a HUGE thank-you from me for all the helpful folks who showed up this last weekend to get our racing year started. You all know who you are, but here are a couple of honorable mentions.

Spencer (DaSpence) "Duke" came up to the track with me on Thursday and spent the entire weekend diligently working hard for the team. He did all that was asked of him, and more without complaining once. He is a very quick learner and for someone of his age (16) has a lot of maturity. He ended up working well into the wee hours of the morning on Gary's bike when we had to switch over the shock and linkage from Erics other bike.

Ed and Gordon did the team and LRRS a great service by volunteering to be the cornerworking representatives for the team for the weekend. Thanks guys.

We had a bit of an organizational problem on Friday and Saturday and we were running about like headless chickens for a while. We sorted things out and Sunday ran much smoother.

Congratulations to Jay, Mike and Gary on completing their school and doing their first races. Everybody did a great job on the track. Circumstances didn't go our way in some respects, but we did pick up a few trophies along the way.

Comiserations to Jay. I know you were very disappointed to have your bike not running right before the race. we were all down about that, but bounce back and run a full weekend next race weekend and you will quickly forget about this one.

Congratulations to Kip on some awesome lap times, great showing on a bike that is not supposed to be "that" fast.

Gary, we will get your bike back together for the next weekend come hell or high water.

I'm tired, sore and sunburned, but I had a great time.

Thanks for lending me your bikes for practice on Friday, that got me the little bit of track time that keeps me (semi) sane.

Degs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: My comments on the weekend

Originally posted by Degsy
    Comiserations to Jay. I know you were very disappointed to have your bike not running right before the race. we were all down about that, but bounce back and run a full weekend next race weekend and you will quickly forget about this one.
    I WAS very disappointed. Not at Mark or Ryan though. Bummed that once I got up to pre-grid, all those butterflies magically disappeared. I just remember getting under way for the warm up lap and thinking, "...hoooooooo yeah! This is gonna be some kinda fun!" That, and the fact that my friends were out there in that very same race is what hit me. I really thought we were all set, and I was gettin' very excited. Then the bottom fell out. Very disheartening, to say the least. Again though, I have absolutely NO hard feelings toward anyone that worked on my bike. It's important that you (and you know who you are) understand that...

The May weekend will be the weekend I make it up to everybody...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Re: Re: Re: My comments on the weekend

Originally posted by JCzx12
    Gonna hug some nuttz, are ya?
    Maybe if you had some....

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Re: Re: My comments on the weekend

Originally posted by Stoneman
    I WAS very disappointed. Not at Mark or Ryan though. Bummed that once I got up to pre-grid, all those butterflies magically disappeared. I just remember getting under way for the warm up lap and thinking, "...hoooooooo yeah! This is gonna be some kinda fun!" That, and the fact that my friends were out there in that very same race is what hit me. I really thought we were all set, and I was gettin' very excited. Then the bottom fell out. Very disheartening, to say the least. Again though, I have absolutely NO hard feelings toward anyone that worked on my bike. It's important that you (and you know who you are) understand that...

The May weekend will be the weekend I make it up to everybody...
    Life is a big learning curve, what got me is that I didn't find the fix until after your race. Well, I learned something new about 99 Gixxer Carbs for sure...(They got more shit on them )

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

I still can't believe how much fuel that 600 wants. Unbelievable! The mains were drilled twice with needles on the last clip! Stone let us know how the bike feels running it on the street a bit.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Banned

Just to clarify, I don't blame anyone either. It's just one of those racing things. Who knows, that might have been divine intervention for a higher reason.

Degs